Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

End Game Collapse is a joke and needs to be reworked.

The end game collapse is a good concept and is definitely useful against SWF and troll players. The issue is that the time limit is ridiculously long and gives survivors to many options to still troll killers. Most games still have survivors take the game hostage for the full 3 minutes or require the killer to feed them blood points to get them out.

Requiring a perk from a pay to play character like Freddy to stop survivors from escaping is far to niche (especially as you have to hook someone when the gates are open). With the most recent updates to Hex: Ruin, being one of the only perks that put a skill cap on survivors the games are flying quickly. The choices of the killer has become extremely limited, 1) chase and go for a hook allowing 1 gen to regress [granted there aren't more than 1 survivor on it] while other gens are done quickly. 2) abandon the chase and force killers to play the map which restricts their blood points and ability to put proper pressure on the map.

Coupled with survivors at higher ranks who will still hit great skill checks now making gens go faster the end game collapse has become a worthless addition unless it's a hatch stand-off. Most red rank survivors will sit in exit gates and tea-bag until the killer shows up and hits them 2 times. This should legitimately be considered holding the game hostage again as they are not trying to win just to annoy killers.

My suggestion would be to have the exit gates lock if a survivor spends more than 30 seconds (15% shorter time frame for each survivor grouped up by gates without leaving) standing in the hallway. Requiring them to reopen the gates again to leave. This will encourage survivors to properly play the game and not hold the game hostage for 3 extra minutes while the killer is stuck.

Comments

• Flarefire_Xx
    Flarefire_Xx Member Posts: 353

I think they should just change it and deduct blood points if they are around the exit gates for more than 15 seconds.

• liquidlight
    liquidlight Member Posts: 344

I don't think you're going to get anything from this considering there's a huge post on slugging and leaving survivors down for 4 minutes and how it is NOT taking the game hostage. So, if killers think its okay to do that, and the majority do if you go read the post, then I think survivors are going to argue that waiting for the end game timer is equally as fair.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Can't the killer just go the exit gates and force them out, getting bp for doing so?

• IrishRedCap
    IrishRedCap Member Posts: 153

I'll say this as I know I'm an odd man out here. As a Killer main I go out of my way to not tunnel/camp when possible. Same for slugging, the builds where it works are just as niche and not as common as survivors sitting in exit hallway. I would be perfectly ok with survivors given an ability that doesn't require Unbreakable to get back up. If a killer slugs and refuses to pick up (obviously refusing by being within perimeter of the downed survivor for a length of time) the cap on the self-recovery should be lifted.

• IrishRedCap

You get 100-200 bloodpoints for a hit unless you go with a special ability of a killer which can give up to ~400 depending on the killers ability.

Survivors get 2 hits at 150 bloodpoints each minimum + escape from chase + distraction if there are other survivors nearby. The scale of blood points earned is extremely lopsided which is what encourages survivors to do this.

• silverwolf4455
    silverwolf4455 Member Posts: 496

The EGC is not something to help you win. It is just to keep the games from going on forever like they used to be able to be. If you have lost then go afk for the 2minutes. If they won't open the doors them go open one and get 500 points.

• IrishRedCap

I've played DbD for close to 4 years now. I remember the games where people would troll and run around for 30 minutes to just force a killer to DC to get to a new game. I remember old hatch standoffs taking 45+ minutes for someone to make the first move.

I'm not saying get rid of the EGC, I am merely suggesting that it gets reworked to encourage people to play the game, as the EGC was originally designed to do. If killers were given more options than 1 to fight against this (literally get a freddy perk and manage a hook AFTER doors open) then I wouldn't have as much of an issue with the EGC being so long.

• IrishRedCap
    edited January 2020

I posit the question to you. If the gates are opened (by killer or survivor). Why as the killer should I be forced to wait on people to leave and AFK? If you are full health and sitting in the exit gates you've won the game. At that point you are being a troll but the report system in DbD has and always will be a joke for situations like that.

• AsePlayer
    AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829

You're choosing to get salty about it and not force them out. Brush aside your bruised ego or whatever and make them leave.

• silverwolf4455
    silverwolf4455 Member Posts: 496

Then hit them out and get more points. Sometimes I wait at the gate to see if everyone else gets out. You literally get more points for healing/unhooking during the EGC.

If it's at that point then you've lost anyways and it's not designed to help you anyways. As I said just to keep people from doing that forever. Or just hiding around the map holding your game hostage for 30 min or more.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

This topic, again.

The EGC isn't supposed to force anyone to do anything, or force any one to play a certain way.

EGC isn't a tool for either side, it is just an end to a match, a definite end that never used to exist. It does it's job, and thats all it needs to do.

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197

Depending on the game i might wait at the gates. Either to ensure everyone makes it out or to give the killer some free hits. When I was a new killer (or if I play killers I suck at for dailies) I generally appreciate it if I struggled

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197

I'm just going to say no to that. Survivors, in my experience, generally don't wait at gates to be toxic. Typically they are trying to ensure their teammates make it out. I don't think you can expect them to play as a team and then abandon that team near the end.

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

EGC is literally 2 minutes of your life if nobody is downed after it's triggered.

That's not plenty of time for trolling.

Frankly if you're ready for the game to end just sit yourself facing a corner, get up and visit the kitchen for a snack or a nice tasty beverage, and take your time coming back, then leave the post-game without glancing at the text.

Honestly folks, it's not that big of a deal

• Schmierbach
    Schmierbach Member Posts: 468

The EGC wasn't created to prevent survivors from bullying killers or vice versa. It was created so they can't do it indefinitely. If they teabag at the Exit Gates for 2 minutes thats on them. If the round was a flop entirely ill just dc if they don't leave within a minute or so i can get to my next match.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

You cant take a game hostage if it ends in a certain amount of time by default. force them out if you want to end the game before it ends by default. You obviously didnt understand the purpose of the EGC.

• OperationMintyHippo
    OperationMintyHippo Member Posts: 406

I run into slugging killers quite often that don't do slugging builds, but I will get slugged for the 4k. So like. It sucks. Shouldn't be a possibility. Both are ######### things to do, but it isn't taking the game hostage because it will have a forced ending in a few minutes. At least killers can force people out who are waiting at the exit gates. I can't force a killer to pick me up.