I really like the new matchmaking system, but SWF needs to go.

This idea is a good step in the right direction, but in order to make this skill based SWF has got to go in order to get it to fully work as intended. Since this will be based on skill, SWF burdens this for many reasons. For one relying on friends to help you to win rather than your own skills. I know people like playing with thier friends, but this is based on your own skills.

Maybe keep survive with friends separate from public matches just like kill your friends.

Comments

• Colton147
    Colton147 Member Posts: 523

Kill Your Friends will have to have the ability to earn bloodpoints if removal of Survive With Friends were to be removed - Kill Your Friends will end up becoming a bloodpoint farming simulator (which I wouldn't mind, since bloodpoints are greatly rigged against survivors, as killers earn more bloodpoints).

• JakConstantine
    JakConstantine Member Posts: 118

How? They are both separate and KYF you can't get any blood points.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

Don't worry, I honestly don't see how skill-based MMR can work for a game with such extreme differences in challenge for one side or the other based on killer, perks, add-ons, items, map, map generation, matchmaking, playstyles and way more things that player's might not be able to directly control.

Because SWF will never be removed or have mechanical restrictions or nerfs applied to it. To the point where it's nothing but a complete waste of time to even propose that particular approach.

• JakConstantine
    edited January 2020

Well considering the last update with ruin and why they did that, the change is happening no matter what. At least we should get some balance into it.

• Oicimau
    Oicimau Member Posts: 897

Maybe the devs can just turn SWF Voice Comm official, and this will become a 4 psychics versus 1 non-psychic killer. Make the survivors head biggers and make it shy in the forehead. LOL

Well... actually, if they implant the voices inside game would be cool: you need to be near another survivor in orther to listen to him, and the killer just hear noise when near a survivor talking.

I think this would make the game more fun. And, afterall, if psychics arent real, talking ppl to near peers is real.

I think most SWF players will like it.

• Chewy102
    Chewy102 Member Posts: 613

Killers need more far more bloodpoints to function though.

Survivors and Killers both spend BP on perks. That's universal. But add-ons and items are the difference to why Killers need more BP overall. Survivors can either spend BP on items/add-ons or find them in game. Survivors also are able to keep their items/add-ons if they aren't wasted and can survive the game. Killers on the other hand have no option but to spend BP on their add-ons and they are used up no matter what every game.

So as Killer is earning more BP on average per game, they are spending far more BP per game as well.

In any case. Im perfectly fine with KYF being able to earn BP. Not going to like how easy someone can farm BP in KYF, but it shouldn't mean much overall as it will still take time to farm anyway. BP farming in KYF would likely take a lot longer if you think about it if they prevent BP offerings and the fact that without a full lobby of 5 BP gains are dreadful.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

SWF should never be separated from the rest. It is a game, there is absolutely no real ramifications from winning or losing. No money, contracts, or advertising gigs because the game is not a competitive game on the circuit.

SWF is not even that powerful most of the time. 90% of the time I find them easier due to overly altruistic groups. 8% is a good group that pushes my skills as a killer. Then there is that 2% bracket of hit squads that rule the roost. Ih well, next game. Isn't that what we tell survivors after they get face camped? Shouldn't have got downed and to just move on to the next gaem?

Let it go.

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

I'd rather see SWF be somewhat mandatory

And the game came balanced accordingly

MAKE FREINDS for ONLINE MULTIPLAYER GAMES

• Uistreel
    Uistreel Member Posts: 634

Could make it so you do get bp in kyf, but it's capped at like 10k instead of 32k and score categories reward much less. Wouldn't make farming worth the time, but you could still get some points while having fun with friends.

• JakConstantine

You are missing the point. It's not about winning or losing, it's about your own skill which this match making system will be based on. With SWF you can't rely on your own skill fully because you are relying on friends who you play with to help you. I have to disagree, SWF is very strong.

• LemeTheMeme
    LemeTheMeme Member Posts: 403

I think rather than removing a feature that most of the player base uses, we should opt for more ways to decrease the gap between solo and SWF play. After those changes, then balancing can be made accordingly.

I've made several comments and discussions about the topic and ways we can improve this, but removing this feature will kill the game.

• PokemonGOPlayer
    PokemonGOPlayer Member Posts: 179

You can't stop people from playing with friends, I just wish there was some kind of limitation on perks or something similiar.

They could test a multiplier on MMR for SWF groups, I don't know honestly.

• JakConstantine

Well in that case make SWF like KYF and not give blood points. Make it separate to the public matches which give you blood points. Major thing is that this new match making system will be mainly for solo play considering that it's based on your own skill.

• LemeTheMeme
    LemeTheMeme Member Posts: 403

Again, that will kill the player base, and create larger queue times for both sides. Not to mention, why do I have to be penalised because I want to play with my friends? Arguing that they shouldn't get bloodpoints is absurd and might as well just delete it if that were the case. The grind is awful as is.

I get that SWF is blatantly more stressful to go against, but this isn't the answer that will solve anything. Whether you like it or not, SWF isn't going to receive nerfs, but the only solution to this problem is to add more information for the Solo survivors, as well as balance the killers accordingly. Removing the BP factor won't make it less frustrating to play against. That's just a silly balance philosophy you have there.

• Infckingcredible
    Infckingcredible Member Posts: 145

It's not the same with perks for survivor and killer since you need only 1 survivor with all perks for unique gameplay. As killer, you need perks on every killer you wanna play, nearly no one plays only one killer all the time. Assuming you want to play all unique chars, you need 1 survivor with perks but soon like 20 killer with all perks which means you need 20(!!!) times as much bloodpoints as killer.

And this gets worse with every new dlc. At one point they should just change it so you get perks for one side but all chars (but then it probably will be too less grind tho)

• ModernFable
    ModernFable Member Posts: 836

I don’t understand how they plan to quantify skill. I’d rather them just focus on queue times and connection quality entirely at this point.

Also, I purchased this game with the intent to play with friends. Most of my time is with killer, but most of my matches are with survivor.

This game is maddeningly frustrating with its gameplay, community, and developers. If I can’t even play with my friends anymore, then I’m probably out.

• JakConstantine

You missed read what I posted. You won't get penalised cause it would be a separate thing to public just like KYF is. Also this match making system is for public matches only. Also I'm not sure if it would kill the player base, look at the ruin change people said the same thing and 80% of killers use it. Your theory is far fetched. As I said above either way this match making system is going to happen same as ruin. No matter how you see it this the new match making system will not fully work with SWF.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

Without swf this game would be easy mode for killers. I 4k randoms like 90% of the time.

Half the swf aren't even that good and get too altruistic resulting in more kills.

It's just those few squads that are truly great that make them seem so formidable.