Killer Offerings

Options

Do you other killers out there ever come out your bloodlust fueled frenzy for a moment after you've cornered the last little lost lamb and stop butchering to see what they will do? Sometimes instead of trying to follow their instincts and flee they accept their fate and submit. When you Shepard them to the door that leads to greener pastures some will leave you a small offering on the ground as a token of appreciation and respect for your might.

To all those little lambs I would like to say, your thoughtfulness of giving me your med kit to bandage my booboo from getting slammed with a pallet or a toolbox to fix my generators that I flying crane kicked make up for all of your shenanigans.

Except if you had a flashlight, you can expect to take a long dirt nap in my basement.

The question is I guess, do any of you survivors attempt to frequently leave gifts, and killers do you accept them?

Comments

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,832
    Options

I usually accept them. It depends on how the match has gone.

One time I relentlessly went after someone I caught sabo'ing my hooks... I think he saw me look at the other survivors and pass them by, and so he realized I was specifically after him; when I found him he crouched and put his toolbox on the ground. I accepted his offering and didn't slug the crap out of him.

If the last survivor accepts defeat at the end of a match, I almost always let them go. If I'm farming the survivors for points and not killing them, and they make an offering, I accept that they'd like to leave and I'll let them do gens in peace.

As survivor, I pretty much expect to die, so I'll often give myself up to the killer. I rarely have an item to offer them, though.

• PfoxandtheHound
    PfoxandtheHound Member Posts: 49
    Options

That's a fair way to go about it. The best I've had that was similar to that was being the Oni and picking up a downed Kate, and a David came around a boulder with the flashlight. I dropped Kate then looked right at Ol' Davey and went into Demon mode and he just put the flashlight down and walked away.

If I feel a survivor game was a rush, I'll give myself to the killer, and if he won't accept it than I'll just leave them whatever I have at the gate. There's always plenty of items, but not a lot of sympathy in this game.