Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

New Chapter: The Dark Harvest (Killer/Survivor/Map)

Sholin_Spade
Sholin_Spade Member Posts: 7
edited January 2020 in Creations

Hello all, before I begin, please let me know of any criticisms you have. I am open minded and I love this game. I have a few projects I've been working on, and as this is my first time posting, I want to see if my ideas work with the community. I apologize in advance for the long read, and if any of this is too controversial. Thank you for your time!

The Killers Backstory:

Jebbodia Crayne was a man on the run with a woman he loved so dearly. He wasn't supposed to be with her, as she was from a wealthy family that owned a plantation farm, and Jebbodia was a field worker. He would work the fields every day, from the early morning, until the sun set. He was allowed one break throughout the day to replenish himself with water, and perhaps have a bite of bread just to return to a potato sack for a blanket and a rock for his head. He was used to this by now, ever since he was a little boy he has worked every day.

While working the fields in the hot sun, the owner of the farm walked up behind him, asking whats happening to his crops. The old man points out to the field, Jebbodia confused, looked out to where the man was pointing then back at him. He shook his head and try to speak, then he was struck across the face. The old man then yells at him to fix it, and find a way to protect the crops or it's his hide. Jebbodia, looking at the ground feeling a little defeated felt a gentle touch upon his shoulder. He looked up and saw the farmer's daughter, she smiled at him, it was the first smile he's seen.

Jebbodia attempted to fix the problem he had with the field, as he noticed so many crows were around the area. He used his potato sack blanket, and whats left of his clothes to construct a scarecrow. The farmer was pleased, until he was able to find another reason to punish Jebbodia. He had been secretly meeting with the farmer's daughter, and they agreed to run away together to later get married. Jebbodia had heard rumors of an underground railroad to help other people like him. They ran off to find this railroad, and eventually did. A man had them hide in a small mining shaft with a secret door that opens from one way. Once that door opens, they will be free. Hope! he thought, but when the door opened, the farmer was there to greet them, a pitch fork in one hand and his scarecrow in the other.

Killer: The Scarecrow

Powers:

Husk: The Scarecrow has the ability to place up to 3(?) Husks of himself in the map. These husks have physical properties that can block areas (If placed near a window/pallet/gen)*. These can be destroyed by survivors, however if a survivor starts to work on one the killer will be notified.

Embody: The Scarecrow can embody a selected husk, switching himself in its place and taking control, while leaving a Husk where they originally were (Terror Radius stays behind for 3 seconds). This has a cooldown of 45 seconds.

Weapon: Pitchfork/Trident

Attributes:

4.6m/s

36m

Tall

Perks:

Harvester of Sorrow: Adds the Cripple status effect on all survivors, reducing their repair speed by 3/6/9%, 4/8/12%, 5/10/15% for each survivor on a hook.

Needle in a Haystack: Allows you to hear the footsteps of survivors within 6/8/10m

Hollowed: Reduces survivor's aura reading abilities by 10/20/30m

Survivor Backstory:

Christopher Grant idolized spies and secret agents. Growing up in England he would pretend to be a famous spy who always got the girl in the end. As a teenager he would travel to famous places, and pretended to be on a mission. His father never approved of his fantasy of becoming a secret agent, however his mother had always supported his dreams.

Christopher eventually got a job as a process server, he was able to disguise himself in many different costumes. He was living his dream of being a spy. When he would get home from a long days work, he would relax watching documentaries on thieves and action spy movies. He eventually grew bored, delivering papers and investigating wasn't enough for him. He wanted action, he wanted adrenaline.

Christopher was on the job, dressed in a formal black suit. He had just finished delivering a paper and was heading to the next location. He had noticed a woman wrestling a man off of her, he felt that this was his moment, to finally have some action in his life. He ran over to the woman, yelling at the man, to let her go. The woman fought off her attacker, and in her panic, chopped Christopher in the throat. He couldn't breath, he grabbed for his throat, and stumbled into the street. There was a loud horn and bright lights, he shut his eyes as he heard the screeching of the tires.

Everything started to echo and fade into the distance, he felt like he was floating in a pool of water. It was cold, he kept his eyes shut. He felt relaxed, but an itch... an itch of hopelessness he could not scratch started to consume him as it became silent.

Perks:

Distinguished: After being unhooked by a Survivor within the Killer's Terror Radius, for 15 seconds, any damage taken that would put you into the Dying State, will instead apply the Deep Wound Status Effect. You have 10/15/20 seconds to mend yourself. If you take any damage while affected by Deep Wound or if its timer ends, you are immediately put into the Dying State.

Silent Step: Your footsteps are quieter by 50/75/100% 

Double Agent: When the Killer disturbs a Crow, their aura is revealed for 3/4/5 Seconds

Map:

Rail Yard: Conductor's Station - An old abandoned Rail Yard, with various trains. There would also be a medium indoor building with a few rooms.

Post edited by Sholin_Spade on

Comments

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

Personally I feel like The Scarecrow is just a stronger version of the Hag and a The Demogorgon combined. The above average terror radius does help, though.

His unique perk Harvester of Sorrow suffers the same problems Thanatophobia has, it’s not a big enough of a number.

His two other unique perks also seem weak, with very few moment# where It’d seem useful.

Christopher Grants first perk is very similar to the original Borrowed Time, except it doesn’t help the team mate. I’d say it should give you a burst of speed at 150% for 3 seconds and cause exhaustion for 60/50/40 seconds.

Double Agent also seems very strong, and should be probably changed to have a cooldown.

Finally silent step should only be for walking.

• Sholin_Spade

Thank you @CheersTC for your feedback. I do have a few questions in response.

1. Do you find that the Scarecrow is too similar, like how people feel Oni is just like Billy?
    2. How strong do you think HoS should be? I didn't want to favor Killer nor Survivor. But I know Killer needs a little bit on their side as Veteran Survivors are at times very difficult to deal with.
    3. (This is more of a response) The reason for those others, is I find as a Survivor, the Killer has no way of stopping me from using Alert (One of my perks that I almost always use). There's really no counter to it. Thats why I chose the Aura one, and as far as the footsteps, I completely understand. It was just a thought that I figure it could help enhance for some people. But I know it's not really all that strong. I did have another idea that could be used instead, but it might be a little OP
    4. You don't think adding a burst of speed would be too OP? But I guess it does help prevent getting tunneled so quickly.
    5. I figured that a cooldown would be needed, I just wanted a second opinion.
    6. Would Silent Step be too strong if it counted for running too?
  • Brucecastro81
    Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609

Silent step should be lightweight rework, distinguished should be an original perk (you made an stronger BT), and his power is just the better DemoPls

• Sholin_Spade

Thanks @Brucecastro81 for your response. Do you think Silent step should be added to Lightweight? Because as a Survivor I think LW is good enough.

While I disagree that it isn't really original, I do see what you're saying. However, I feel that for solo players would benefit from this perk more. I do have another idea to take its place, however I do not want to make something overpowered or to become Meta and kill the community lol.

Yeah, I noticed that is starting to become a theme, Hag + Demo. However, I think with the limitations of 3 Husks, it would still be unique in its own way. If they would disintegrate on their own, like lets say, 1min of being up, it would change the functionality of his power. Thoughts?

• Cheers
    1. Not necessarily, his power seems like it could be great for blocking strong loops, and when teleporting between traps you need to think tactically about when to teleport. Having three traps also makes a huge difference when comparing them.
    2. I believe HoS should be about 25%/30%/35% if it remains to repair speed, could pair well with many perks, especially the new ruin.
    3. If an aura perk got a buff maybe Hollowed would be strong, but you’d need to earn it, such as every sacrifice decreases it by 15m, or every basic attack that was successful would decrease their aura reading ability by 5 meters. Footsteps can be heard faintly if you are listening, although I think survivors do need the ability to remain stealthy.
    4. I always hated coming against old BT as it allowed people to take a hit, get a save, and then proceed to take another hit. I feel like a speed boost would be much more balanced.
    5. The cooldown doesn’t need to be big, only every 20 or 30 seconds.
    6. Many killers (especially Spirit) rely on hearing survivors running, and this perk would completely counter it. I’m up for 25%/50%/75% but anything more and it becomes an over powered perk.

Feel free to ask anything else, and sorry for the late response.

• Brucecastro81
    Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609

The power is fine, distinguished would kill BT and lightweight should be 50% to not be too strong

• Sholin_Spade

Thank you very much for your input. This really helped me see the finer line of balancing things out. I knew I needed to change things. One last question, if given the changes you mentioned, would you personally purchase this if it were DLC? Or does the scarecrow aesthetic seem too lame?

• Sholin_Spade

Thank you for your input as well. It's good to see different perspectives on balancing. I appreciate you.

• Cheers

I would definetly purchase this DLC as the killer seems very interesting, especially his power. I like Demogorgon and this would be a fun twist in it, especially with the scarecrow aspect.