Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Do you check people's streams post match?

How often do you check a stream (both as a survivor and as a killer) after a match? Do you show interest in seeing yourself from a different perspective?

Personally, I do. Not so much for gameplay wise but just to see how the streamer reacts to certain things but, usually, I always leave a follow if it's a positive and nice streamer in general, we REALLY need positivity in a game with a community this separated.

Comments

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,933

I have done, but for the opposite reasons - I don't tend to be concerned about the Streamer reactions to things but I check out my gameplay, see where I made mistakes, what I could have done differently etc.

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,684

I used to do it a lot in the past and that's how I met a lot of people on Twitch, not really to see the reactions or such, sometimes just to thank for the game if it was fun.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    edited January 2020

I do always, if I have time. See my gameplay from the other side, and see their reactions.

Its alot more comical than educational when its a survivor-streamer, because 9 out of 10 times they are the kind of people that call you "proxy camping" by simply breaking pallets and generators close to the hook before leaving.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

I watch my game from the streamers view to observe what mistakes I did or what I could do better. Or sometimes to see his reaction on some moments :D

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929

Only if they DCed.

• NurseMainBTW
    NurseMainBTW Member Posts: 531

Mhm... why only when they DC? To check if it was accidental?

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,521
    edited January 2020

I do, then I find out they've been cursing and swearing at my Legion the entire game before giving me a meek gg in post-game chat. Watch survivor streams and you'll never give the hatch again.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited January 2020

I don't. Mainly because everyone thinks they are a big streamer but only have 2 viewers. Putting .TV in your name doesn't make you better at this game. Often streamers hinder my fun.

If I'm killer, odds are a streamer is going to try to piss me off to put on a show. Instead of actually playing the game. I had a streamer sabo all the hooks around his gen. When I caught him I had no where to hook him so I left him on the ground. I went hunting and chased someone else. I hooked them and BBQ revealed the other 2 running to heal him. So I went back to him. Then he called me a camper -.- He screwed his team. He could have done 1-2 gens with the time he wasted saboing. He also put me in a situation where slugging was the optimal choice cause it would complete my objective. I don.t even think he healed himself while on the ground cause both of them touched him and he didn't get up as fast as he should have. I ended up downing all 3 of them and during the process, nobody was able to save the person I hooked earlier. When I play killer, 7/10 streamers quit when I win a mind game. My favorite are the ones who ds and step in a trap.

If I'm survivor and your on my team then the killer is going to bring his try hard gear(Moris)

I don't check other peoples streams but some of my friends do when I SWF. It's mostly someone whining that they lost.

Now if they posted a video playing against me and I'm trapper or a jump scare killer. Id watch that. Seeing people vault a window and step in a trap. Or they're working on a gen and I magically come around the corner as GF. Listen to them have a heart attack.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,309

Sometimes, I like seeing my gameplay from other perspectives.

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

If I do really well as a survivor I check out their stream to see the chase from the killers perspective

• Toxicboii
    Toxicboii Member Posts: 446

I do.

I have 2 screens, so I could just shove the stream into one of the screens with my game in the other.

I just do it because it's fun to see myself in their perspective.

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167

Always do. Drop a GG in the chat and give them a follow.

As someone in the community once said “Be the change you want to see in the community”.

I take those words to heart.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I've done it twice i think.