A call for everyone to just stop being dicks during the Summer event.

So I play both killer and survivor and I have been running into the worst experience during the summer event. Something needs to be done for killers to fix it and survivors need to stop being dicks to killers.

From a survivor side of things I have seen a lot of gen camping:

I know it is not problematic in a sense "just do the other gens" I do of course and every time this has happened I have escaped because the killer is so preoccupied with literally just camping that one generator that he doesn't check the rest. Unfortunately the same can't be said about my team mates almost every time this has happened the killer has had NOED (I am a rank 6 survivor currently) and has managed to down at least one team mate. That team mate as subsequently got the ######### camped out of them (I know face camping to the extent as before doesn't exist however the killer literally stands right in front of them so that they can grab anyone that goes in for the save.) This is literally an arsehole move. It ruins the game having someone not there for the entire match then camping the only person they manage to down. Even when we have got the totem, it is still near impossible to save. This is because that killer so desperately wants a kill because he has done ######### all for the rest of the match.

From a killer side of things there are two problems:

One: The Petrified Oak offering is problematic. Every time this has been played against me my summer hook has disappeared I don't know if it is supposed to do that but it is really annoying especially if you have a SWF team that have all played it just so you only get either one hook if you have played the offering or none if you haven't. I feel like there should be a hotfix that makes it so that if a survivor plays Petrified Oak it takes away a different hook and not your summer hooks. Hell I don't even care if it makes it take away two normal hooks just don't touch my summer hooks.

Two: Sabo Squads or even just Sabo solos. If you are going into a game to sabo hooks please leave my summer ones alone or sabo every hook on the match. Don't bring in a toolbox just to be a dick by getting every single summer hook and not any other hook so you get to keep your tool box and do the same thing next time. I don't camp but I am beginning to see why so many killers do. I don't want that Jake to keep his purple tool box for another poor killer to have the same thing happen to them.

Can we all just not be dicks to each other. Sure play the game properly I am not asking to farm, but don't specifically go out of your way to stop someone getting a customisable it is just a dick move. You might say "oh run hangmans trick" or "oh run franklins" but I am already running Iron Grasp and Agitation because people still body block summer hooks to actually manage to get people on the hook in the first place. I shouldn't have to use nearly all my perk slots because someone just feels like being a dick.

I guess this is me asking nicely please don't camp gens or sabo hooks. Don't do stuff to purposefully ruin someone else's game. Be nice to each other and have fun actually playing instead.

<3

Comments

• Countfunkular
    Countfunkular Member Posts: 405
    Okay I see what you're saying.

I'm sorry you're not having that much fun with the event. I'm just playing clown and Survivor currently am I clown build is
    Barbecue and chili
     bloodhound
    Hangman's trick
    Pop Goes the Weasel

I have barbecue and chili and Bloodhound purely for the fact of tracking people down especially if they're dumb enough to unhook right next to me

Hangman's trick is so I don't have to worry about them destroying my hooks because if a pic of a Survivor and they destroy my hook I just immediately drop them and wait 10 seconds

Pop Goes the Weasel is self-explanatory because they won't get off those generators which is actually pretty humorous. I had an entire team try to do this one generator. Seriously they didn't go for any other generators and it's the beginning of the game. I'm a rank 9 so maybe this is what happened but this whole event has been a little fun yet weird
  • Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    Everybody have their own way of playing, not everyone is going to give it to you easy. I personally don’t care if a killer camp or tunnel. I get irritated at times but at the end of the day it is just a game. That is why there are specific sperks to counter these actions. Overall I am having fun with this event. I like the design concept on the generators and hooks. 
  • Black_Fence
    Black_Fence Member Posts: 308

I don't have a problem with Killers that try and kill the people on the gens. It is literally when you go to repair the gen and the killer just circles the area by that gen for the rest of the game even though other gens are being done. They just stay by it so survivors can't do it and then wait for NOED and down the one person and camp them until their death.

• Black_Fence
    Black_Fence Member Posts: 308

@Iceman said:
    Everybody have their own way of playing, not everyone is going to give it to you easy. I personally don’t care if a killer camp or tunnel. I get irritated at times but at the end of the day it is just a game. That is why there are specific sperks to counter these actions. Overall I am having fun with this event. I like the design concept on the generators and hooks. 

But they are not playing. People that are only sabotaging hooks aren't doing their objectives because they aren't doing gens they are just sabotaging to stop the killer from getting a customisable that in no-way effects gameplay. The killers that are camping a generator for the entire game are also not playing the the game because they aren't doing their objective of killing people they are just stopping the survivors getting a generator that gives them a token towards their customisable. Like even if you walk up to these killers they wont chase you they just hit you or pull you of the gen if you try and do it. What ends up happening is all the gens end up getting done then the killer uses NOED to attempt to secure one kill by camping the one guy he downed with NOED. This means that nearly all the survivors then struggle to pip and chances are they are only going to get Gold in lightbringer (if you are lucky and people don't have toolboxes and beat you to repairing) Iridescent in Unbroken (unless you are the survivor that got camped then chances are you wont pip) bronze in Benevolent (due to the base points you get and the -10 points for the survivor being hooked that you can't unhook due to camping) and finally nothing in Evader because the killer literally won't chase you. Which means you get 8 points which is only just a pip. If you don't manage to get the gens or you do get hit then you basically don't pip. Which sucks.

• RWoodrow
    RWoodrow Member Posts: 270
    True story. 

I tried being nice. Burned an offering and asked the survivors if they wanted to farm. I've got my hammer, I just want points. Rank means nothing to me. Figured I'd be nice and let the survivors get their cosmetic cause it takes more tokens and all the gen campers and what not. 

If you can think of a four letter word, I was called it when I hooked a survivor. There were even some Spanish ones thrown in.

I learned my lesson. I'm done with this event.
  • Mesme
    Mesme Member Posts: 177

So when I had all the cosmetics (I lost my Kate shirt due to a faulty save) I was trying to be nice to the survivors and just being very chill and I noticed how horrible the survivors were being. Even being nice I got hate and got sent messages "you're bad kid" and whatever else have you and it was getting pretty annoying constantly getting hate by entitled survivors but even worse I noticed what Survivors were doing to bully the killer and guess what they were doing?

Breaking the grill hooks specifically, running DS 24/7 and flash lighting 24/7 and I get it this is sometimes normal or is the norm but now it was more common than ever and I know when people are "trying" and when people are "trying to do something" so at this point in time I'm just gonna get my Kate shirt back and I doubt I'm gonna play till the event is over.

• SoMuchBetterThanYou
    SoMuchBetterThanYou Member Posts: 26
    being nice to survivors is seldom rewarded.  i do feel good when i play fair but they will still teabag at the gate and hold the game hostage.  becoming the person i must to play killer is too heavy a fee for me.
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Never play during an event. That's my motto.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

I honestly don't see the big deal. I've played about 30 games as survivor in the last 3 days and I'm already sitting on about 60/90 gens. Haven't done killer yet but I'm not worried I can punch out 50 hooks in a few days which I plan to do after the weekend.

Just keep playing, they pile up after a while.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@thesuicidefox said:
    I honestly don't see the big deal. I've played about 30 games as survivor in the last 3 days and I'm already sitting on about 60/90 gens. Haven't done killer yet but I'm not worried I can punch out 50 hooks in a few days which I plan to do after the weekend.

Just tell us your experience as killer, once you start playing killer.
    Results may vary.

• Esheon
    Esheon Member Posts: 568
    Tsulan said:

@thesuicidefox said:

Just tell us your experience as killer, once you start playing killer.
    Results may vary.

You're right, results may vary.

Thankfully I had mostly decent games as killer. I was playing nice: not camping hooks, not kicking BBQ gens, not camping BBQ gens, and trying not to get sacs until all of the BBQ gens were done.

The response was generally positive. I had one sabo Jake going after BBQ hooks, so I tunneled him until he died. I had one group accuse me if camping, which made me laugh (hard to camp when almost all of the unhooks were done while I was chasing a third person).

I didn't pip as often as I usually do, but overall I ranked up while I was playing to get the hammer. It took me about 15 games I think, and i was left with 14 BBQ offerings on my Hag.

That being said... I play in the middle ranks, which seem to give the best game experience overall. I imagine rank 1 is ridiculous right now.