Toxicity of survivors is exceeding all my expectations

Options

I think that there is no need more words.

Comments

• AsePlayer
    AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829
    Options

Why do you let it bother you? Turn the end game chat off or deal with it and report.

• Colton147
    Colton147 Member Posts: 523
    Options

I don't let it bother me. I fight fire with fire and end up winning as they cannot handle what I say. I am not afraid to speak my mind.

They become extremely offended by what I say - which proves my point that they are a hypocrite.

• Infinity_Bored
    Infinity_Bored Member Posts: 445
    Options

There is a close chat icon.

Use it. Move on and grab a cookie.

• DanteMorello
    DanteMorello Member Posts: 142
    Options

These days a lot of players in online games are kids. That's pretty much the entire explanation. Often their parents don't even care and just put a computer or console in their room. Often even with their own bank accounts with pocket money....

• Okapi
    Okapi Member Posts: 839
    Options

Could also be non-English speakers. Either way this behaviour shouldn't be tolerated in DBD. Playing killer shouldn't force you to deal with this.

• luka2211
    luka2211 Member Posts: 1,433
    Options

This right here,just cause you can turn the endgame chat off,doesn't mean there should be someone telling you to ######### or get cancer cause it's just way over the line

• Runcore
    Runcore Member Posts: 328
    edited January 2020
    Options

Problem is that if you are not playing according to survivors "rulebook" its almost sure that you will get such a verbal attack. That includes camp, tunnel, slug, using certain perks or addons that survivors dont like (NOED, mori...), using certain killers that survivors consider "OP" or even for simple kills. Only solution is 0 tolerance profanity filter that immediately ban these player with no mercy with ban time escalation for every repeat of this behaviour. Here on forum is profanity filter and mods that immediately take action and it should be exactly same ingame. You dont know to behave, you will be banned and game will be soon cleaned from this trash.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • BloodyNights
    BloodyNights Member Posts: 526
    Options

To be honest if I saw that as killer I'd be laughing so hard. I'd screenshot it as well just to show off the salt. But I'm not one of those people who makes a big deal out of random trash talkers just because I win. I actually find it more funny than not. But then again...Some people got thicker skin than others, and other people actually think this is something they have to deal with.

A someone getting in your face and insulting you, or some guy attacking you as you walk down the street is something you 'shouldn't' have to deal with.

Random salty people who's faces you cannot see, that you can click X, or just leave the chat altogether 'isn't' something you have to deal with. You choose to let something like this effect you. If you really are upset, something else must be going on with you that isn't DBD related.

• AsePlayer
    AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829
    Options

That's why the report button exists.

This is 1 of many of the same threads showcasing the post-game toxicity. You possess the power to get them off the game. Use it and move on.

• dannyfrog87
    dannyfrog87 Member Posts: 567
    Options

what in the #########? something seriously wrong with this person or people what a prick .... hope you reported that crap. they need a lesson in respect or human decency lol

• Joshawoo71
    Joshawoo71 Member Posts: 23
    edited January 2020
    Options

Welp welcome to dbd it doesn't get as privliged as this.

• GHOSTfaceP3
    GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,363
    Options

I’ve had to sweat my balls off the last few games because of toxic swf death squads is starting to just dread killer at this point

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927
    Options

I mean, I hate tunneling and camping, and tend to mock a killer that uses those tactics, but this is unforgivable.

• Johnble
    Johnble Member Posts: 175
    Options

Console players don't have this issue thankfully.

I mean, I would just turn chat off but I also recognize that not everyone can just ignore it and that it gets frustrating to deal with. A filter at the very least would help some of the problem.

• Runcore
    Runcore Member Posts: 328
    edited January 2020
    Options

I really want to know if reports do something or its useless. Here on forum you are immediately warned or punished, hope for same ingame.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327
    Options

Sure theres a report button. But what hapens when they do it to someone who may have mental health issues or even a family going through that exact scenario? Should we just report and move on? Yes, I get that reporting them helps, but it's crap like this that has lead to cyber bullying and suicides because of it. It shouldn't even be happening in the first place.

• ppo8820
    ppo8820 Member Posts: 763
    Options

You likely played crappy against some 12 year olds thus that chat. Most players aren’t like that honestly.

• Holdonholdon
    Holdonholdon Member Posts: 48
    edited January 2020
    Options

I play pc and console and pc doesnt bother me as much as console. there is NO chat on console. YET SALTY CHILDREN OF THE CORN MAP DBD will SEND you a message on your console LOL.

THAT NEEDS TO BE STOPPED. it's annoying and dumb. you have no idea who you're messaging and they should be embarassed if you ask me. weird and goofy kids.

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425
    Options

Can we just remove end game chat? I'm not sure what the devs where thinking by adding it in the first place.

• scat
    scat Member Posts: 33
    Options

In any other game if you play dirty people will flame you for it, it's just words y'all need to not get so upset when someone on the internet insults you. Is your ego that fragile?

• evil_one_74
    evil_one_74 Member Posts: 312
    Options

Agreed. Just because they're considered to be " legit tactics ", doesn't mean you have to use them. I'd rather get 2 kills by skillfully outplaying my opponent, than to cheese my way to a 4 kill..

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054
    Options

Lol have a laugh and move on.

• bigpooperman
    bigpooperman Member Posts: 1
    Options

If they get that mad it means your doing something right why are you guys acting like being told to ######### is the most offensive thing ever

• yermom
    yermom Member Posts: 155
    Options

If you look at gamer demographics, people aged 18-35 make up the majority of gamers; nearly double that of people under 18. What you will find, though, is that the education level of a lot of gamers is on the lower end, with most having only graduated high school, if that.

• Chrisko
    Chrisko Member Posts: 288
    edited January 2020
    Options

Clearly these children are in possession of a mature game and can't handle the results of certain strategies. Isn't minecraft still available for these children. I am a survivor main and have been target by killers and malicious survivor play as well as just poor solo teams...

Advice: disappointment is a human condition. Move on and be the best player you can. At the end of the day it's just a game. Try to be above it all.

• Obs1d1_X
    Obs1d1_X Member Posts: 13
    Options

As a survivor and killer player, I get this a lot. They're mostly kids trying to get attention

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,810
    edited January 2020
    Options

I don't find "legit tactics" like Tunneling and Facecamping fun. The rush I get from successfully mindgaming a survivor and DS??? BT?? What are those lol, however that endgame chat should result in some punishment being issued. However, I have seen just as much toxicity from Killers as I have from survivors.

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497
    Options

Just use a mori. Most killers didn't really use moris that often so I know a lot of people have them stockpiled now, you are most likely one of those. Bring a mori, it's fun :)

• Psypho_Diaz
    Psypho_Diaz Member Posts: 185
    Options

Don't complain about toxicity if you're tunneling and camping.

• xJOELx209
    xJOELx209 Member Posts: 22
    Options

It bothers people because survivors act super toxic when the killer doesn’t play the way they want them to play, killers are just supposed to let the survivors have a fun and easy match and then end chat survivors day EZ baby killer like I’ve never had a killer be toxic on their own they’re always fueled by survivor toxicity

• Kenidur
    Kenidur Member Posts: 156
    Options

You guys choose to use tactics that are just pure scummy, dirty, and kill the fun of the game for everyone else. You use the excuse "legit tactics" then come here and complain about being treated like garbage in chat.... Wow, hello pot, meet kettle. You treated your opponent with utter contempt and disrespect, and expect to be thanked? You guys are the true definition of entitled.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    edited January 2020
    Options

There are a lot of things that BOTH sides say to each other that are not ok for the community.

What I fail to understand if how the continuous trend of posting in game screenshots of post match chat is going to solve anything. I could very easily start posting every single time a killer has used inappropriate language and/or has called me the F/N word. That wouldn't solve anything.

If you are really that concerned, calling them out on here isn't going to help you. You are better off reporting them and following the steps that are already in place for in-game guidelines.

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243
    Options

Some school system somewhere has failed

• Nakedwildman
    Nakedwildman Member Posts: 198
    edited January 2020
    Options

Hey, dont feel bad because of some weirdos, do your thing as you want to, and stay respectful, I actually enjoying a lot these hate messages, just stay positive and keep playing however you want to. They're not worth the time. I do feel you 100%. They will get what they deserve if you report them ingame and by opening a case in support of BHVR

• Zamblot
    Zamblot Member Posts: 270
    Options

It's not good them being toxic ofc but if you were actually tunneling and camping I have no sympathy for you. They complained and swore at you, not physically hurting you in any way shape or form because you played unfairly and made the game boring. You don't tend to get this kind of toxicity if you don't play scummy

• Zamblot
    Zamblot Member Posts: 270
    Options

Ha legit tactics, just because something isn't bankable doesn't mean it's not a dick move. Flipping some random old lady off in public isn't illegal in most places but it doesn't mean you do it. Honestly if your camping and tunnel that can really ruin the experience of a game which will often be 10-15 minutes so them throwing a couple of curse words at you is really much less impactful. Also this isn't a game for children, some people like this may act like it but also, you shouldn't take it so personally, just because someone insults you over the internet you doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to handle it. It's not Minecraft, if someone's rude to you literally deal with it, especially if it's self caused. Tunneling and camping may not be banable but it completely diminishes the experience of a game. I can easily die in a game of dbd and still be content because it was a good match with intense chases but it is no fun if you die because the killer sucks so just camps you the whole time after beating you once in a chase