What happens when Devs cater survivors?

you get toxic shits like these at the end game chat. Slugging isnt fun for killer or survivor but at this stage of the game, its a necessary evil. Not only that but you have toxic SWF who stroke their ego for holding M1 and using their multiple second chance perks while killers will most likely have their slowdown builds nerfed even more "because survivors spend enough time on gens as is." Welcome to the future of DBD folks.

Comments

• VoodooChild
    VoodooChild Member Posts: 319
    edited January 2020

I recently came to the realization that the reason DBD is so toxic is very simple, survivor is easy. Not only can anyone feel like a god by playing survivor but they'll feel cheated when they lose.

They will not ever balance this game, but they dont have to. All they have to do is force people to play both sides. Not literally of course but the rift is a good start, the problem is there needs to be no separate path. To get to the end, you should be forced to do both.

It should be priority number one, because if they could killer the "survivor main" they would also stop making bad choices in balancing because there would be no partisanship. People would stop being so miserable because they would stop feeling cheated when they die and the killers side wouldn't be so frustrating to play

Post edited by Mandy on
  • Gods_Lil_Reject
    Gods_Lil_Reject Member Posts: 10
    edited January 2020

Wait, you actually like the devs? You absolute madman.

Post edited by Inji on
  • VoodooChild
    VoodooChild Member Posts: 319

I get its a joke but people seem to genuinely hate the devs. Without the devs tho there is no game, there is nothing to be upset about because you cant care about something that doesn't exist.

DBD is not the game i want it to be, i would argue its not the game anyone wants it to be but its the closest thing to what i want. I hope Last year will do well for the sole purpose of forcing DBD to be better.

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 906

I don't think survivors are toxic because it is easy. People are toxic because that is the way anonymity allows most of them to be. They don't have to face consequences to their actions in most cases. My clinical director likes to tell our team that crime is not deterred by severity of punishment but certainty of punishment. Now if course this is not as serious as actual crimes but the end result- feelings of helplessness, isolation, and being targeted can feel the same. Can they get banned for some of the stuff they say in post-game chat? Sure, but will they get banned...probably not.

Some of these people that sit in the entrance and spam crouch after EGC are the ones who talk junk and grief kill in other games such as GTA if given the chance. It is fun for them. There are even fulltime self proclaimed sandbaggers who have bought the DBD 3 or 4 times due to bans. I reported 2 of them and they are still playing. Playing both roles does not always stop this behavior. I have seen killer mains bm and vice versa. This behavior will always s uck to people who don't subscribe to bming as having fun, but growing thick skin and limiting your exposure is a good way to protect yourself if you want to last in dbd.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

The game will continue to down spiral until there are no killers left to bully. That's why the devs put so much effort into character chapters and licensed killers. To draw in new players because anyone who has put a decent amount of time into killer knows how bad it is.

• Sylorknag
    Sylorknag Member Posts: 760

I wonder if when the devs watch these kind of matches, they genuinely go

"Yeah, we're doing a good job at balancing the game"

"Oh that? That's just Legion, we have no idea what to do with them, hence we keep nerfing him to see if people forget about him"

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

It's so true though. When I play survivor I feel like I am in the power role, and get irritated when i'm not doing well, because somehow I got it in my mind that I am the power role.

That shouldn't be the case at all.

Also when I am playing survivor it's not scary - at all, and it's only like that because the role comes with 0 stress. To the point where most of the time I am telling myself "I'm immune" in most situations because of Perk's, and just how broken map loops are.

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

More drama here then a soap opera