“Garbage” Killers getting “carried” by Spirit

Options
2»

Comments

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936
    Options

Spirit is only somewhat challenging to play if the survivors have iron will (without the sound bugs obviously). Can't believe people are saying she is more challenging to play than hillbilly. Learning how to curve around loops alone is much more challenging than anything spirit has. Not to mention you also have to be good at countering regular loops as hillbilly, spirit can't even be looped.

• riri123
    riri123 Member Posts: 8
    Options

Its only hard if survivors are running iron will.But then most spirits run stridor anyway.so ######### spirit.i would rather go againts pre nerf omega blink nurse than that #########.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

If you can use Nurse than you can pick up Spirit with ease. Nurse taught me 2 things

Predict what survivors are going to do or where they are going to go

LISTEN

Rin takes skill imo because when she's phasing she has to rely on the information the survivors give her. Those that say she takes no skill are simply the ones that are mad at the fact that she can't be looped, or that they can't tell if she's phasing or not

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632
    Options

I only used spirit for her Daily, always found her hard to play. Before her nerf at least the collision would tell me when to end phase and attack for her daily. Without it now I just delete Spirit dailys.

I'll remember your advice thanks lol

• goat10em
    goat10em Member Posts: 749
    Options

I think people just get saltier when they lose to a spirit than they do a lot of other killers. When a survivor goes against a spirit you are really just guessing. You're guessing where to go if you should throw a pallet, vault etc. Zubat touched on this the other day. When survivors guess incorrectly it makes them throw a tantrum.

• goat10em
    goat10em Member Posts: 749
    Options

I disagree. I think spirit has a higher learning curve than billy. But everyone is different.

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869
    Options

Oh wow... My comments get deleted all the time now I guess, even when I don't curse... That's BS

• Wesker
    Wesker Member Posts: 339
    Options

Iron will/Balanced Landing are most mandatory perks to stop the spirit and they both work as well against other killers

Every time i find those who are carrying one of them I have to guess their position and hope for the best. Stop complaining for an already nerfed killer.

• yermom
    yermom Member Posts: 155
    edited February 2020
    Options

Mind gaming is easy. Right? That's your message? Ok.

To everyone else, yeah, hillbilly is hard. Sometimes you turn moderately, whereas other times you turn extremely. So hard.

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980
    Options

If you stop running, Spirit is reasonably easy to counter. But that is the big problem, Survivors run everywhere. It's like their finger is glued to the Shift button when it's not hitting the Spacebar for a skillcheck. People say it's to be more efficient, but how can it be more efficient when you are getting downed and hooked all the time? Relax, learn to walk (not sneak), and you'll find your survival rate against the Spirit going up.

• Archimedes5000
    Archimedes5000 Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

Thats because Spirit is just as strong as Nurse, while she is way easier to learn than Nurse.

But certainly she is not the easiest killer, you are invisible, but so are the surviviors, the one with better mindgames and hearing wins.

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936
    edited February 2020
    Options

Mindgaming is not easy but you are not doing much mindgaming at all as spirit. You are mostly reacting to the information survivors give you, like scratchmarks, grass, footsteps , grunts of pain, breathing and the actual mindgaming part is small.

• Rullisi
    Rullisi Member Posts: 392
    Options

People still hate spirit so much. The nerf wasn't much but spirit killers have reduced significantly, besides she isn't that difficult to run away from in my opinion, but I have played her a lot myself so I guess it's the fact that I can guess what she might do and know the timings well? I do not bias her just because I like to play as her, but I think she's just a normal difficulty killer atm. I am super bad against something like hillbilly, despite he's only alright killer but extremely op to me because I suck apparently.

Also aren't killers like Freddy and ghostface so much easier than spirit anyway? At least when I play survivor, spirits we can actually escape but freddies and ghostfaces very rarely. I play on red ranks.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,907
    Options

That is all true but sometimes the Spirit is making a blind guess as well. She isn’t Terminator. She doesn’t always know your exact location.

She has scratch marks, injured noises, environmental queues (corn and grass), footsteps, and breathing but some of that can be negated but either Iron Will or broken sounds. I can usually only track breathing if it is a survivor with loud breathing like Meg or Feng.

I run Stridor on Spirit and sometimes I hear NOTHING. No injured moans, no footsteps, no grass shuffling (the little patches of grass on Lery’s make zero sounds as you walk over it). I’m not always going to phase right on top of them and know their exact location. I predicted them wrong and they lost me. The Spirit is not going to down you every single time even if she is great. Any little thing can throw off her tracking. Scratch marks going in the wrong direction has thrown me off multiple times.

Even as survivor (I run Iron Will) and I see the Spirit stop and start to phase I walk back in her direction or walk in a direction she wouldn’t expect and I hear her footsteps go right past me and she phased in the wrong direction because she had zero ques as to where I was so she was just guessing as to were I walked to.

There is zero “mindgames” with Spirit. It’s a guessing game, sometimes even for the Spirit when the survivors don’t give her any heads up as to where they are. That’s why it’s unsatisfying to play against a Spirit. You guessed wrong or gave her too many ques to your location.