Camping needs to be fixed.

2»

Comments

• Letche
    Letche Member Posts: 96

If you bothered to read, which obviously you didn't, I already addressed that in the last bit of what I'd said.

People act like they've never heard of 'just because you can, doesn't mean you should'.

If they wanted killers to camp, they wouldn't have implemented the negative emblem effect when you do. End of story.

And did I really see someone comparing face camping to tea bagging and flashlight clicking?? These are the kind of people that defend camping, my guys. 😂 Buncha jokes for killers up in here.

• yermom
    yermom Member Posts: 155

They have said it's a legit strategy, and they support it, I don't know what you're talking about.

• Letche

There is a big difference between words and actions.

They can say they support it all day long (shame on them for supporting it verbally), but the emblem punishment says otherwise. It's not much of one if we're being honest, but it was implemented to deter people from camping within 16 meters of a hook.

You get a little less points in one of the emblems and, subsequently, in blood points. It's not much, but it's there. If they thought well of it, why bother with the penalty? You can't have it both ways.

Either they think it's okay and they remove the penalty that already exists to back up that claim or they don't and they're hypocrites. Pick your poison.

• yermom
    yermom Member Posts: 155

they added the penalty to encourage newer killers from doing it. It's sort of an incentive, suggesting, 'hey, maybe this isn't a good thing?' Which ultimately, is beneficial to them because they will get a lot more done if they don't camp.

However, if the strategy is more important than the rank, so be it. Sometimes it's better to eliminate certain survivors you are familiar with that are a part of an SWF you face regularly. Like, the ones that equip perks for increasing gen speeds, or that run borrowed time(some SWF only have one person run borrowed time).

Either way, as a survivor, when the killer camps you can just go onto the next match and not worry about the previous one. Sometimes camping is worth it as killer. Especially since the ruin change.

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

They've added multiple Perks to promote non-Camping play styles along with the emblem malus. Sometimes it's the proper choice to make though. Especially if you are playing against over-Altruistic Survivors who are sweaty for those Unhook points.

The same as Slugging, Camping is a legitimate tactic to use. I'd suggest Patrolling is better and more rewarding, but Camping is just fine if that's the style of play you like.

How many Survivor Perks are available to counter it? Multiple. Not to mention they added swivel hooks so Facecamping is no longer a thing.

Learn to counter it. There are ways to do this. Isn't that the chorus everyone sings when a Killer complains about something? You just need to adjust and pressure the gens.

• Konnor24
    Konnor24 Member Posts: 184
    edited February 2020

Everytime i camp i get 3-4K =]

I dont pip often but i cant remember the last time i got 2 kills or less.

Camping is a problem, and thats coming from someone whos recently started to do it from all the crap changes.

Im rank 6 Btw. I was red ranks but camping got me deranked, I do enjoy deranking just to annoy others.

• raulblideran
    raulblideran Member Posts: 225

If talking about toxic behaviour punish then everytime a survivor is pressing the crouch button more than twice in 1 second make it so it slows them down and eventually injure or down them and wherever they spam their flashlight they have a chance of it being a Chinese cheap one and explode in their hands and injure them or again down them

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

Theres been a surge of survivor players that don't know this talking about camping.

Listen....if you have a killer who is camping....DO NOT RUSH THE HOOK,

Go crash all the gens in record time and leave the map

• Rullisi
    Rullisi Member Posts: 392

My personal solution that has reduced facecamping percentages to almost 0%:

If it's a Bubba, I just disconnect.

• ausanimal
    ausanimal Member Posts: 542

Just look at the recent changes they have made like the ruin nerf you state "won't learn how to get better" if a killer camp's but yet ruin got nerfed because it was to hard for survivors to learn how to do skill checks or look for a totem,So you are wanting the killers to learn how to play and get better but survivors are fine and they don't have to learn how to get better?

You can't tell killers to learn how to get better at playing killer when the devs are making the game easy for survivors and they don't have to learn anything and if something becomes to hard the devs will just nerf it to make it easy for them. Some killers will camp because that's how they like to play and it's fun for them, some won't camp at all and others will camp if a survivor is doing something to bug the killer i.e spam the flash light non stop while not even trying to blind the killer,

But hey that's all that matters is how much fun the survivors are having and not the killer.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

I stabbed a guy repeatedly on a hook once but in my defense I was waiting for my last two devour hope stacks. There was nothing else to do.

• Runcore
    Runcore Member Posts: 328
    edited February 2020

Ridiculous gen speed and constant nerfing of killer perks are reason why killers starting camp/tunnel and you suggest double gen repair speed? You should wake up. First gens need to be slow downed and then killers will less camp and tunnel. Its gen speed that need to be fixed asap.

• Beardedragon
    Beardedragon Member Posts: 425
    edited February 2020

This is a typical survivor main post. Talk about how you play both killer and survivor. Check.

Talk about how easy it is for you to also play killer and get 4ks, to dismiss the fact that killers are facing trouble. Check.

Make an absurd proposal that anyone that actually plays killers and have a shred of balance understanding knows, is a terrible idea. One that only a survivor main could ever come up with because you feel entitled to survive. Check.

gen repair speed goes up by 2x for nearby gens? are you high? gens pop within minutes already. you wanna make the games even faster? The reason most killers camp is out of pure frustration where they just want a single kill which is understandable. A killer isnt entitled to a kill, but you are also not entitled to survive. The generators pop so fast they cant even think before the game is over. Naturally sometimes you face survivors that arent that good so you get a few kills there without camping. But many people have started camping now even though they arent doing bad just out of pure anger and frustration as to what this game has become. or honestly, what it has always been. But certain perk changes havent helped.

Another point is, that you are not entitled to be hooked 3 times before you can expire. If a killer chooses to camp you or slug you to bleed out and get 1 kill but lose everyone else, then thats on him. he will lose the game then. but then again, there isnt really a lost or won in this game. some consider 1 kill a victory, i prefer to get at least 2. But if ive failed to get a kill by gen 4 pops, then sure, ill probably face camp too to get a kill. On the other hand some consider it a victory if they just survive as a survivor, in that case, you should attempt to hide better and not get caught. I prefer to call it a victory if i survive, but i need the other survivors to make that happen, so i help them out.

It is his right to camp if he so chooses, whether it be out of his tactics or frustration. i would prefer it if it didnt happen, sure it sucks. but i understand WHY it happens.

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

No.

• aurum_exe
    aurum_exe Member Posts: 182
    edited February 2020

Well t-bag and flashlight clicking doesn't affect the game at all like camping a hook does. They have no relevance in gameplay mechanics. That could irritate the killer, but if the killer gets irritated by it, it's his own problem. When i play killer t-bag and flashlight clicking make me laugh, not because i feel superior but because the animations are funny. What the players in general should understand is that DbD isn't a serious game at all. It's a dark-tragic-comedy mood and doesn't need to be taken seriously! Look at the animations! It's a cartoon!

Once in a chat a killer said "i don't care about bloodpoints i just wanna kill people". You know, if you take this game with this mindset at the point to get angry because of t-bag and flashlight clicking, and you stab a survivor on hook, you need pills. DbD is fun and frustrating at the same time, i know, but it doesn't need to go that way.

• DetectiveBingBong
    DetectiveBingBong Member Posts: 67

"Toxic" Because you survivors certainly don't teabag at the gate, or on missed swings, or after blinding, or after pallet stunning, or........

• aurum_exe
    edited February 2020

When you say "you survivors" you are generalizing. I personally don't teabag because i play killer also, so i know how it feels but i've learned to deal with it. But i don't stab people on hook even when they teabag. Actually the animations looks funny and makes me laugh. Many people take this game too seriously in my opinion. It comes from a Canadian company. How can be taken seriously c'mon.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

The reason for why camping is bad is because it is considered “toxic”. If Survivors want it punishes die to it being toxic then Survivors should be punished for doing things that killers consider toxic as well.

Now if Survivors want camping changed or punished for being “unfair” or “unbalanced” then that’s a different story. So far I haven’t seen anyone give a good reason why camping should be considered either, instead it’s just Survivors complaining about something they don’t like.

Camping has counters and Killers get punished for it.

1. Kindred counters camping killers by denying the killer another hook or slug.
    2. DS is another counter that will extend the time the killer is in a chase, giving the Survivors teammates more time to complete generators.
    3. BT allows Survivors to unhook safely in front of the Killer while also discouraging the killer from pursuing the recently unhooked.
    4. Just doing gens while killer is camping applies pressure on the killer. Even if it doesn’t, Survivors could still escape when the gens are done. They could also bring in a key and escape through the hatch.
    5. Learning how to run loops better will also help survivors from getting caught and prevent them from getting camped.
    6. Learning how to mind game and juke will also prevent them from getting camped.

Not everything in the game should revolve around making it easier for Survivors. Survivors don’t deserve a 4 man escape every match. What you may find boring and annoying may be fun for the opponent.

What did the majority of Survivors post on the forums when the Ruin nerf was announced? Oh yeah, “Apply Pressure” or “Git Gud”. Those apply to survivors as well.

• DetectiveBingBong
    DetectiveBingBong Member Posts: 67

This is a Game. The point of a Game is to have fun. This unyielding stress-fest of toxicity and stupidity is not fun.The larger portion of survivors i've met do the things I've stated. Perhaps my view is a bit jaded, but to me it's ultimately a matter of "Did I have fun, and did my opponents have fun? Did I learn or gain anything from this interaction?" And typically the answers are "No, yes, no."

• aurum_exe

Well, "toxic survivors" are usually (but not always) people who has some sort of skills. So i let them teabag as much as they want as long as i learn how to counter their escape attempts. With good survivor i have a chance to learn from my errors. With potatoes isn't the same. So, yeah. teabag me as much as you want. I don't care, if you indirectly help me to get better at the game you can also triple blind me. I don't care. But this is me, i can understand that isn't the same for the others. I get what you mean about "having fun". Message clear.

• aurum_exe

@AvisDeene

"The reason for why camping is bad is because it is considered “toxic”. If Survivors want it punishes die to it being toxic then Survivors should be punished for doing things that killers consider toxic as well."

I personally don't consider "camping" toxic, but as a killer don't earn anything from it. Infact the majority of killers i face everyday, who are constantly in red rank, don't camp at all and they bring home 3/4K ez. Those who camp are usually rank green/purple who get stuck in long tunneling chases. You're not getting good at the game, you're just waiting for a teammate to come for the save, so you can have free hits and a chance to down another one without the need of a chase. Try instead to learn how to chase, mind game, counter loops etc. Camping is not a value. Almost all games where i find a hook camper 2/3 survivors escapes without many problems. So, i don't get the value in it.

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

Camping is already fixed, moving on

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

Or...

Dont get caught by the killer ?

Your not entitled to 3 lives. Live ur first one to it's best

• rikaa
    rikaa Member Posts: 81

Sometimes they do it because they chase a survivor for very long time, gens are popped and killers are tilted. So when they catch the survivor, they facecamp him. But I also play as killer and when I can not catch a survivor or hit him in 1 minute, I just let him go and chase others. There usually must be somebody else that is easier for me to catch. If you can not catch a survivor for a long time, go on another survivor. Sometimes that survivor may be playing better and more experienced than you. Why would I kill my chance? Maybe other survivors are bad but they are just rushing gens. So I can try my luck with weaker survivors and have more chance to win the game.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

You forgot a huge part of camping. Killer downs a survivor, even the best survivors can be downed so you can't blame them for it. Camper camps, survivors do what the supposed cure is - hit gens. Camper finishes his campsong, and moves on to next survivor. There are 1-2 gens left. Say he does not get another one down before the last gen is done. BAM! NOED kicks in. Camper gets a survivor down, but leaves him there. Last two survivors open the gate and try to leave, but camper hooks downed survivor and Blood Warden kicks in. Camper downs another survivor with NOED. Last survivor has the choice of going for the hooked survivor, or looking for NOED. Smartly, he looks for NOED. Finds it, but one survivor had died, and Bubba is now face camping the third. Survivor does not have BT, so smartly leaves. Camper just got an easy 3k without doing anything.

Flawed system if you ask me. I don't mind NOED and find it a great end game perk, but if you really think gen rush penalizes campers, you are wrong. Make NOED require 5 hooks to activate and now you can say gen rush campers.

Oh, and campers don't care about pips. People who specifically want to camp are doing it to annoy other players. It is a way to grief others intentionally. They want to face lower level survivors, so the depip helps them. It's nothing more than bullying.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

It is considered toxic because it’s something that Survivors don’t like. Anything Survivors don’t like is considered toxic to them. Killer have NOED? Toxic! killer have a mori? Toxic! Killer playing Spirit or Billy or Doctor? Toxic! Killer tunnel and/or slug to “apply pressure”? Toxic!

Not everyone plays the same and not everyone wants to get better. Some just play for fun. Maybe killers who camp do so because they think it’s the smarter play since more often than not the survivors teammates are potatoes hiding in the bushes the whole time, or are overly altruistic and abandon all gens in order to save the hooked?

Maybe the killer chased that survivor for a while and decided that they had enough of a chase for that match and wanted to defend his capture? Why should the killer be forced to continuously chase survivors and be subjected to unbalanced maps that favor survivors the majority of time?

Want camping to be less common? Tell the devs to make playing Killer less stressful. Ask them to hurry up with the map reworks that will balance the game better. As things stand, Survivors use everything at their disposal to loop, stun or blind the killer. It’s not fun for the killer to repeatedly get stunned or blinded, or taken on a god loop over and over. Why can’t Killers use any tactic that they want to make sure they get a kill?

It’s because Survivors only care for their fun. They never care about whether or not the Killer is having fun.

Again, Camping isn’t the problem, the problem is with the Survivors who refuse to get better at looping, juking, or refuse to run perks the punish the killer, or refuse to let one die when they could do gens. You don’t even need to get good at looping, you have the option to play more immersive and not get caught.

Noed a problem? Maps and detectives hunch counter it.

Im not saying that it’s fun for a Survivor to get camped, I’m just saying that why should the killer care about their fun when the vast majority do not care about the killer.

Also, I play a lot of DbD. I rarely face a camping killer. Maybe 1 out of every 6-7 games so I get a face camper. It’s not as big of a problem as people on the forums are making it out to be.

I find the best thing to prevent camping is to not bring in items (which are not needed to have fun) and to be respectful to the killer when playing against them.

• BeHasU
    BeHasU Member Posts: 830

Yeah, you can still save the hook survivor, 80% of campers are bad players, you can still save him with bt. You can always follow the killer with a flashlight to help your friend while the other 2 are doing gens (prob totems). This way the killer will lost a lot of time trying to fight you and your friend and thats it. Hook stages are 1 min each. 2 min to kill the survivor, in 2 min you can do almost 3 gens, the first 2 gens still can get repaired while the killer is trying to find a survivor and chasing one, if he knows how to loop all the gens are done and the killer will prob get 1 kill and the game will end in 5 min. It's not that hard to go against campers. If you get camped, just try to hold on on your hook and sacrifice yourself for your team. Move on and thats it. Its fun when you unhook the guy and he has 1 min of immunity bcs of DS after a lot of time wasting chasing him bcs of BT, again a lot of time for gens and totems. Be sneaky and blind the killer after that 1 min and its mostly a GG for survivors, 80% of the time the game will end with a killer dc.

• Letche

You can't, in one breath, say 'camping is okay and they accept it' and then say 'well they're trying to encourage you not to, so you get more done'. implying there are far better strategies they would otherwise prefer you use. Why encourage you not to use a playstyle if they reccomend it, especially if they're teaching you early on not to do it?

I don't know if you've heard of a little thing called que times. They're absolutely ridiculous right now to put up with people face camping you to death every other game if not every game.

Upwards of 30min+ waiting times and it's been getting worse. Getting camped to death sucks, but it sucks more when you don't even really get to play especially if you get one shot early on by ridiculously over powered addons or even worse, the hit boxes that have been registering, and have to go back into another half hour que. But no, what's more important is that a killer can secure at least a single kill because they're not willing to play without resorting to scummy tactics right..

Don't even get me started on ruin. There have always been far better perks. The only 'bad' thing about the ruin change is that it's making people use better perks.

• Letche

It's one thing to say there are perks that are counterable, that is true, it's completely different to relate exploiting game design to 'adapt and counter'.

And before you get started, that's why they're looking into hook teching. You shouldn't be able to do that. It's an exploit, yet you don't see me saying 'adapt and bring a perk to counter THAT' because I acknowledge you shouldn't be able to do it in the first place.

Not to mention, I'm sure borrowed time is really the only viable perk to use against that and it won't work with certain killers if you're affected by the undetectable status effect now so even that perk becomes null and void.

As if a swivel hook prevents a grab, a trade or even a one hit killer (addons or otherwise) from downing you for trying to get the save (and the person you saved in some cases).

I really don't think it's unreasonable to ask to be able to actually play the game. God forbid you want to use a variety of perks to have fun and switch it up, you'll be criticized for not running the meta like it's not a choice.

With this logic can you imagine the next time there's a game breaking bug? The devs are just going to tell us to 'adapt' and bring a perk to counter it. 😂

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980
    edited February 2020

I actually find hook tech to be funny. I usually get the first hit in, then they realize they aren't invulnerable and try for the save. 50/50 I get the 2nd hit in and that's 2 on the hook now. It's a bit annoying, but counterable with an in-game mechanic. You just swing at the right angle.

BT isn't the only counter though. If 2 people go in for a save, and one baits the Killer, most of the time they will leave the hook. I do say most, because some refuse to leave. Those ones are the ones you have to gen rush, and if they're doing it from the first down with 0 gens popped, you already know they are toxic.

I solo queue and manage to get unhooks on Campers pretty often. It's actually a bit fun to be quite honest, because you get a little adrenaline rush when it's successful. Sometimes it just goes all bad and I end up on the hook, but that's part of the game. It's why you have 2 1-minute timers before you die.

Look at the Hag right now for game breaking bugs, btw. Her teleport is all sorts of screwed up and actually hinders her in many situations. I'll not even talk about how sounds are all over the place either, sometimes good but mostly really bad right now. There's actually quite a few bugs that can legitimately break the game to make it almost unplayable from a Killer perspective. Some of them are really random, but they do happen.

Camping isn't a bug. It's a tactic as has been stated multiple times. Much like flashlighting a Killer at a pallet while they break it, it's annoying AF and frustrating, but it is in the game for a reason. It "can" apply pressure to the remaining Survivors, and while there are many reasons to not do so, some people prefer to secure their kills instead of going out for another chase. Everyone has a different style of play, there is no "correct" way. Just have to adapt to it and move along to the next match when it's over.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

This whole plan requires that we be running BT, have a flashlight, etc. Not everyone does that.

I know how to play vs a camper, all I'm saying is that camping is way to effective when you use the right perks. Unless you have really good teams or a bad killer, camping is quite effective when in the right build. That is what I have a problem with.

Camping is a strategy to use at certain times, and it should not be shamed when used that way. The Gate is open, one person on the hook, you want the kill? You camp that hook. Camping the first hook? Sorry, that is just pure toxicity and this game promotes it by giving those players tools to do it successfully.

• KrispiesChicken
    KrispiesChicken Member Posts: 171
    edited February 2020

Counter to camping and tunnelling, DS, Deliverance, BT, Unbreakable and DS, force killer to smack person on hook and then get them off as they're recovering. Camping and tunnelling is easily evaded. You just have to learn and adapt to how to survive against it. Also if they're camping that gives you or everyone else time to gen rush as they're not pushing gens. If gates are powered then everyone save and take a hit all the way to gate

• namjuunn
    namjuunn Member Posts: 43

campers are bs and annoying, basically ruining the fun when youre the first person on a hook and the killer camps lol

• ThatsTerror
    ThatsTerror Member Posts: 2

I agree camping/tunnelling is not fun but theres no rules to that, there playing the role of "the killer" not the watcher or the chaser , I've been facecamped before but just because i did a long chase, this game just gets to ppl.

I used to play both sides but stopped playing survivor when i went againt killers who didnt have the same playstyle as me, as a killer my main goal is to deny survivor perks. I dont tunnel so DS is wasted i dont Camp and if a rescue happens in my face BT wont work as i go for the rescuer, i dont slug so unbreakable wont wont. As a killer i enjoy the chase sure some ppl t bag and flashlight spam but it just makes it more sweeter when you get them.

Everyone plays differently which they are allowed to do.

It's called CHOICE.

• cipherbay_
    cipherbay_ Member Posts: 379

It is fixed. Rush the gens and the killer will only get 1k

• snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776

I agree with op,

We need to just delete killer players and replace them with AI because they don't bow down and kiss my feet.

They also need to make the ai extremely stupid and unable to walk around rocks so i can distract it all game while afk.

Who knows, the way the devs are balancing the game they just might do this.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

If you took away NOED most killers would be forced to apply pressure.

With NOED you’re guaranteed 2 kills minimum. 1 by camping and 1 by the NOED.

For lazy players the question becomes why play and sweat when you can sit around the hook and be guaranteed a draw game minimum?

• Letche

I've seen hook teching work pretty well most of the time, not that I've done it myself because I don't run BT and I wouldn't even if I did. If they got hit through it, they were doing it wrong already.

Two people should never be going in for a save, especially if there are no gens done. As I stated earlier in the thread, you don't bum rush the hook when a killer is hard face camping. You concede. There's little to nothing you can do at that point. There is always a possibility you can get them off, but very slim and not worth the time invested even with BT. Unless you're just on a suicide mission, go for it.

Another thing I mentioned was I really wouldn't care so much if que times weren't as ridiculous as they are (30min+) because I'm not stupid enough to think they'll ever do anything about this issue. I know they won't.

I just hate getting caught immediately to stupid ######### (like a Ghostface spawning directly next to me and stalking me in two seconds) after waiting 45 minutes to get into said game just for the killer to camp and tunnel the moment I get off the hook and mori me within two or three minutes of the match starting.

Just happened last night, twice in a row when trying to convince a friend whose only had the game for two weeks that it'll be okay, not every killer plays like this, just to have two killers back to back prove us wrong and make him want to quit playing altogether because he said he's been dealing with this for 90% of his games with most of the killers being R1-4. For two weeks spent playing, 90% of your games should not be like this.

But it only matters if the killer is having fun, right? Cause that's literally all any one has to say about it. 'Killers have to have fun too.' If fun to you is being a scummy person, go for it, but don't be surprised when people complain. When I play killer I don't have to resort to this ######### to get 4ks. Ever. It's not excusable. So we'll just have to continue to agree to disagree.

• Brucecastro81
    Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609

atm what needs to be fixed is map size: If killers can have fun by pressuring gens without goint from russia to america (continent, not that USA is america, but there's some people...) they will most likely not going to camp you cuz fun = no toxicity

• PepegaClap
    PepegaClap Member Posts: 20

So your whole rebuttle back to my statement that camping won't make the player better is something about what the devs have done in a game that I honestly don't think they should've done in the first place? Nice, cause I'm a Dev who nerfed ruin dude....what?

It goes on both sides. Many killers used ruin as a crutch and survivors could've found ways around it if they couldn't hit those skill checks. The perk was controversial but shouldn't have been nerfed into the ground. So don't come at me about the ruin nerf in a post about camping. Especially when my stance is it shouldn't have been nerfed in which you should've asked me what I thought about the nerf before freaking out about it.

At no point did I ever say don't camp if a survivor is being annoying or something along those lines. If you actually think a killer has fun/gets better camping outside of someone super toxic/annoying then you are lying to yourself. But that killer isn't doing it as their main strategy then so that's void of my argument. My only posts on this entire forum are me saying camping is skill-less and unfun on both sides, which it is. And a post about how I play both sides equally and wish they'd make the game great/fun again for both killers and survivors. I don't find it fun to win games in 2 minutes due to gen rush. Also don't find it fun to stare at a guy on a hook for minutes on end lol, something you apparently find fun and skillfull. Maybe do your research. I'm not a main but clearly you are. Biased outlooks, like yours, will get us nowhere on this game.