Ruin Rework was Brilliant

2»

Comments

• Calabrum
    Calabrum Member Posts: 102

I know, right. And for someone that's claiming not to value others opinion's it certainly has not stopped you from responding.

• Calabrum

Show me your statistics and or facts for these "masses"? Oh right, you don't care.

• TheBilldozer
    TheBilldozer Member Posts: 154

This thread has run its course for me.

• Pigster
    Pigster Member Posts: 137

I think so too, its so much fun to play as survivor against actually good killer who dont got carried by ruin.

I realized how attached I was myself to ruin too, but with the rework I tried other alternative builds and it actually worked better then I thought! For example corrupt intervention with surge, or dying light and pop goes. There are some pretty neat combinations and not just with anti-gen builds.

Yesterday for example a nemesis, dark devotion/unrelenting legion rekt us, that was so funny and unexpected.

• Calabrum

No need to speculate further. He has no facts to back his argument other than his own observations. His opinion is biased and has no care or consideration for other people's opinion even if a logical point is made against him. In short it's pointless and he's a waste of time even considering. He can continue to troll as he likes, but I'm done with this thread.

• TheBilldozer

Took a while for you to get the hint that you're not entitled to anything from me. I don't care if you agree and I don't care if you like my opinion.

What YOU wanted out of this is not my problem and I have zero interest in catering to you. I'm glad you finally got the hint and are leaving the thread. You offered extremely little to this conversation.

• MrGummeBear
    MrGummeBear Member Posts: 94

Yeah that's because most streamer get to play the game more that's why. I work 12hrs a day so how I am suppose invest all my time trying to be pro. I'm not complaining but you can't use the streamer excuse most play The for a living so.

No crap they're real good. What about player who only play 1-6 games a Day. I'm a red rank killer in I get burnt out after play 2 to 4 sweaty games in the role.

• TheBilldozer

Let me rephrase:

I care very little for opinions that lack nuance or come off as entitled / emotionally imbalanced. There are several who offer absolutely nothing to these conversations and have a thread history of behaving exactly like Calabrum.

That being said, my opinion and observations won't change; so arguing with me is pointless. I did however appreciate your perspective.

• TheBilldozer

Honestly, this right here is why I think Red Ranks should be significantly harder to achieve. Like the Starcraft ranking system, Red Ranks should be considered "Grand Master" - in order to help avoid the burnout factor you're talking about.

• Insane_Fire
    Insane_Fire Member Posts: 3

You know I have ruin and my main has it (The Shape) and I can say I almost never used it for the fact that there were other perks I thought were better than it and I did just fine I got to rank 5 without it which proves you don’t need a perk to carry you to the higher ranks maybe test out your own ideas with perks and see what fun stuff you can make

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

If you play mean as killer, it almost shouldn't matter what your build is, you can 4k.

• TheBilldozer

So here again, I really don't care what you think :)

But you're welcome to share your diatribe all you'd like. I don't mind.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,173

Typically it's always good to be open to feedback when posting threads. Personally, I've been having decent results with new ruin when I use it, but I can understand why it can feel like a kick in the teeth. Devs recently hit Freddy's slowdown add-ons and made it known they're looking to make slowdown effects not work together, while survivor speed up add-ons and perks are unhampered. Very much makes it seem like this isn't the last we'll see of it, but... We'll have to wait and see.

Sidenote, if your checking post history, you'll likely notice a pattern on many of my threads. I typically end it with "thoughts?" or pose the title as a question in an effort to start a conversation rather than just acting to end it. Saying "you can't change my mind" is likely to just result in you effectly speaking to a wall instead of people. While it's true that you have super bias people on both sides here... Your effectly killing conversation with anyone.

• wisdomwielder
    wisdomwielder Member Posts: 348

Wow bud, you sure you aren't a Dev with those earplugs in?

Ruin was a band-aid for other bad gameplay elements. One thing it did was make ######### killers playable and ones that needed some setup time somewhat more viable. The only substitute for this is now Corrupt, but a mild inconvenience is a lot less effective than a big, albeit inconsistent one. The gradient for effective killer characters is more stark than ever now, so good luck playing anyone other than the top 3 at rank 1. But, I guess rank doesn't mean much anymore on the survivor side now does it?

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
  • Scytere
    Scytere Member Posts: 123

Noob observation

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

I think the ruin change came at a bad time. While it was a good change it definitely wasn't a good time to release it.

1. Matchmaking is broken
    2. Most maps are very unbalanced
    3. Tool boxes and other perks needed looking into (I'm aware they're working on tool boxes right now)
    4. Generator speed? I'm not so sure about that one.

They should have released this new change when the game was healthy enough to take it.

• MrGummeBear
    MrGummeBear Member Posts: 94

That would be nice to have a Starcraft type ranking system for the game. I think that would work well.

• LlamaArmour
    LlamaArmour Member Posts: 75

Agreed.

I don't even know why everyone's complaining when it breaks in the first minute either way 😂.

Overall this game is so hard to balance by nature that it's hard for the devs not to rely on statistics instead of anecdotal evidence.

• Predator3174PL
    Predator3174PL Member Posts: 302

Yeah sure, it's not like that even good killers like Tru3 or Otz that play game daily struggle with "fun" and "diverse" builds for killers and have to tunnel and slug to pressure survivors which is not fun for them. It's not like that nowadays if they win and 4k they do it, because they meet "red ranks" survivors.

I try to watch them daily and the thing I start to see is that usually survivors they fight against lose, because they play more like green rank than red rank.

While Ruin change made some killer players to fall of (which is good/bad thing, depends on perspective), this change also made weak survivors red ranks, which is beginning to be a plague of some sort and that makes data even more unreliable.

Toolboxes became more common which makes games for survivors even easier for survivors, I just watched one of Otz's games and oh boy, even tho he played Billy (one of the strongest killers) with uncommon build (your beloved diversity in builds) he still lost 2 gens IN FRONT OF HIM WHILE DOING PRESSURE and lost 3rd one while just downing and hooking one survivor and then going to the survivors at the next end of the map (they had only 2 toolboxes btw). If one of the best killers if not best is struggling, then there might be a tini tiny problem...

Let's play against only few killers with green ranks in disguise of red ranks survivors, it will be fun for sure.

In my opinion, this change is slowly showing of which side is really the power role and have easier time piping and climbing up to red ranks (all hail DS, DH, Adrenaline, BT, Unbreakable and toolboxes!).

I know you probably will say "I dont care what you think" BUT hey, you posted this on forum, so now enjoy feedback and discussion, because that's what forums are for btw.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Pipping doesn't matter, fun builds shouldn't be easy to win with, it's why we have meta builds.

• PokemonGOPlayer
    PokemonGOPlayer Member Posts: 179

Ruin rework was needed but the game has a lot of problems aside from Killer Perks.

I would not call any of the recent changes to the game "brilliant".

I laughed hard at your "Want Red rank? Sweat for it" when I have to use all my attention on any given Killer match to get a PIP, struggling a lot in low Purples because of the matchmaking and me not being very good while on Survivor I'm at Reds without even realizing until today being possibly the worst survivor on planet Earth.

Your "SC Grandmaster" thing would only worsen the already terrible matchmaking/queue times and I'm simply stunned on how you would not notice this kind of problem.

This is a glorified party game, with the exception of being able to start with tools so powerful at your disposal (NOED, old Ruin, DS, DH, BT, Toolboxes, extremely overtuned add-ons) that sometimes you'll need very little decision making ability. Please do not compare this game or its ranking system to a RTS, I think it hinders your thought process.

Have a nice day.

• Gh0stDude
    Gh0stDude Member Posts: 49

The same good streamers that you are saying are criticizing the gens speed and saying that is too hardy play by killer now :)

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,770

I'M GOING TO WARN YOU ALL - PEOPLE ARE ENTITLED TO THEIR OPINION, WHETHER YOU AGREE WITH IT OR NOT!

Feel free to discuss the topic, but keep the insults and personal attacks out of it!

This discussion has been closed.