Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The Swamp

maps are my absolute favorite ones. Even when I get rekt, I throughly enjoy playing on them. We need more like this!

The atmosphere is great. It's pretty spooky to start with, and all the environmental objects just add to that.

There's so many ways to play on the map, that you have a good balance of the usual looping + hiding as well. So you aren't stuck playing the game in one certain way.

Totem placement is really good on the map. I don't feel I have to defend my totems at all because most of the time they are pretty well hidden. If they are out in the open, well that's just RNG. Accept it and hope I can get some use out of them early on.

The verticality makes it pretty interesting. You have a lot of drops and vaults that Survivors can use, but I never feel that they are punishing me much. Most of the time they try for the various "safe" areas and end up screwing themselves over instead because they couldn't navigate to it properly.

Thematically, it fits Mama Hag perfect. Everytime I play her and get a Swamp map, I get a little rush just because she is immensely enjoyable to play on this map.

As a Survivor, I love the map too. There's plenty of places to hide, enough vaults that I can get a little distance between myself and the Killer, and the gen placement is pretty solid. It just feels well balanced.

Overall though, we need more maps like these (especially since they shrunk them a little)! They all feel pretty balanced, imo at least, and should be a template for any new ones we get.

Comments