Does anyone else like to play suboptimal?

PfoxandtheHound
PfoxandtheHound Member Posts: 49
edited February 2020 in General Discussions

I don't always play with the most powerful set up possible because it can make matches overwhelmingly easy. Usually I'll play with meme or niche builds. The other thing I enjoy is to spend a few minutes of the match not using most of my skills and whiffing either swings, powers or loops to make survivors feel comfortable in their advantage. Then after I've learned their patterns of behavior, and given a little bit of objective time I turn it up to 10 for a minute to create chaos. After that it's back to the potato fields for me.

Comments

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971
    edited February 2020

I've never played the most powerful things purposely I don't play to win

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

I never play optimal. Usually too busy prestiging and leveling my Killers so I never have great loadouts. Two occasions I dothough, if I get 5 stacks of DH, I go as hard as I can until they're all dead or the totem finally gets broken. And secondly, if they are toxic idiots and I get a chance to snowball them, I'm showing no mercy.

Otherwise I'll just chill and take what's given to me. Try to learn the Killer's power better and work on stuff like chasing/mindgaming. I'm not that good as a Killer, purples/lower reds is fine for me, but that's mostly because I can't be bothered to learn all the tiny little details and exactly what to do in situations. I just go with what feels right and see how it works out.

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054

I love the heal build.

Autodidact, empathy,solidariy and second wind

• RickJames
    RickJames Member Posts: 85

I can relate, personally I like "fun" builds because it puts me in a fun mindset. When I run a sweaty build I feel like I need to win and it just adds stress.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164

I don't bother to play optimal. On my killers, I usually run a farming build.

• EleaticStranger
    EleaticStranger Member Posts: 81

Of course. I do try to get four stacks on BBQ because I'm still trying to level up some characters, but other than that, I couldn't care less if all or none of the survivors escape. I play Pig a lot, and anyone who boops the snoot gets a free pass with me.