If there is a Dead by Daylight 2 would you buy it and what should be different about it?

Options
Global
Global Member Posts: 770

In my opinion if it were different i would go for a complete rework on the mechanics of the game and actually ban hackers... I might buy it depending what is actually in it.

Comments

• deadwolfwalking
    deadwolfwalking Member Posts: 624
    Options

Killer vs killer and also multiple killers mode.

• Mr_Jay_Stark
    Mr_Jay_Stark Member Posts: 539
    Options
    I don’t know it depends because I mean I know I’m not the only person but I’ve put a lot and I mean ALOT of time into this game so for it to have a sequel I would like the progress to carry over

But if not I think a sort of “realism” mode would be nice! For example no terror radius, survivor in 1st person, more stealth play
  • BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809
    edited August 2018
    Options

2nd DBD should reward toxicity and hate to better unburden, or at least include this game mode:

• VR and distance-based mic communication with killer and survs
    • louder and more persistent shouting at others gives BP
    • smashing many keyboard keys faster wiggle out
    • more gore and fight-back by the survs
    • more action, running faster by tapping, more AI stuff, more brutality and strategy

if DBD doesnt go on that direction, I may run my Game when I get the funds

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options
    See deathgarden... no loading screens... the runners can move their characters around in the lobby waiting for the match to start... the hunter is skillbased and strong enough to take on any group that comes into their match... none of this free escape ######### blah blah blah.... pure skill v skill... this is what I want for DBD
  • Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640
    Options

DBD 2 should have new fun stuff to do, like skilled parkour parts, 1 way loop paths, finding parts for generators

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123
    Options

You mean deathgarden, yeah It looks good.

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,051
    Options

A Survivor class system, game beeing designed with Survivor teamplay as a must, a second mapcontrol objective for Survivors, rethinking the hook/kill mechanic to prevent tunneling and camping. More skillbased interaction between Survivors and Killers

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

Maybe an actual HORROR game?

• Mesme
    Mesme Member Posts: 177
    Options

I'd play it and the stuff I'd like to see change is well I'd like to see a single player campaign giving us more information and backstory of the world of DBD and I'd like to see better map designs and better mechanics for online such as being able to barricade and close doors also having to go threw tuff terrain as a survivor and I'd like more map visual variety because atm all the maps maybe different but they all look the same.

Another thing I'd like to see is better objectives and now I'm not saying gens are that bad but Jesus can I go collect pieces of a puzzle to open the gate? Or perhaps survive a certain amount of time?! Another thing I'd like to see is better mori's and the ability to mori at will now sure you all will whine but what if mori's worked like in Manhunt where the longer I hold down the button the more brutal the kill the more points I get and again its' an insta-kill and with that said I'd like to see stronger stealth options and the promotion of stealth because atm you don't get anywhere really by being sneaky.

• Baphomett
    Baphomett Member Posts: 394
    Options
    Dedicated servers.  I'd say that is table stakes for any new pvp games for me now.
  • facundoj
    facundoj Member Posts: 52
    Options
    Peanits said:

@Tzeentchling9 said:
    No SWF. EZ sale.

See: Beta.

People would just leave lobbies and requeue to play with their friends.

With dedicated servers this could be avoided. Just make it so you instantly join the game when you search, like almost every game. If you disconnect, you are penalized with waiting times for playing, like LoL. This way you are forced to play fairly.
  • stvnhthr
    stvnhthr Member Posts: 777
    Options

A campaign mode or story mode would be great where you can play through all maps against all killers off line with NPC survivors in your party. Also if there are still going to be load screens maybe players could practice skill checks or something instead of twiddling their thumbs waiting.

• Giche
    Giche Member Posts: 753
    Options

@Peanits said:

See: Beta.

People would just leave lobbies and requeue to play with their friends.

We know.

But "Deal with it" isn't a solution either.

Peoples will complain until the Devs fix the problem.

Not gonna happen soon tho, since they are scared to even talk about POTENTIAL fixes, due to the survivor's community backlash.

• TheDarkLycan
    TheDarkLycan Member Posts: 435
    Options

previous dlc's that were purchased would be free on the new dbd.

• SadBacon
    SadBacon Member Posts: 23
    Options

Differences between survivors.
    They'd all have a different ability.
    Instead of just being skins...

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Options

@BACKSTABBER said:
    2nd DBD should reward toxicity and hate to better unburden, or at least include this game mode:

• VR and distance-based mic communication with killer and survivors
    • more gore and fight-back by the survivors
    • more action, running faster by tapping, more AI stuff, more brutality and strategy

if DBD doesn't go on that direction, I may run my Game when I get the funds

@BACKSTABBER Whether or not you're aware of this fact the behavior you are describing is griefing and is punishable of a temporary ban.

"LIST OF BANNABLE OFFENSES - TEMPORARY BAN

Griefing: Intentional gameplay abuse
    Working with the opposite team to gain an advantage or grief teammates
    Targeting specific users repeatedly in order to ruin their game experience
    Holding the game hostage"

I encourage you to stop promoting such behavior, even as a joke.

• BigBlackMori
    BigBlackMori Member Posts: 220
    Options

First a DbD 2 would have to do one thing as the foundation of the game: make it a real horror movie experience, as close as possible while still being fun to play. This means:

1.No frustrating mechanics on either side. Killers and Survivors both at no point are rendered useless or helpless by game mechanics.
    2. Survivors' best option is always avoidance of the killer via stealth, with direct confrontation being a failure state. The word 'immersed' needs to be the watchword for both sides; if you're doing something that makes no sense in the context of a Horror movie, then its breaking immersion and needs to go.
    3. Different maps with different objectives. On Some maps, hooking all survivors will be the way to win. On others, keeping generators down for x amount of time/as long as possible while survivors try to repair them is the objective. Some maps might have survivors gathering items to take to central points and make their escape, and on some maps you just hunt them down, down them and kill them.
    4. Every Killer and Survivor should be unique and viable at all levels of play. Every character option (perks, addons, offerings) should be potentially valuable. No must-have perks or items that are basically resource taxes because you cannot succeed without them.
    5. Separate Ranked and Casual modes.
    6. Dedicated servers. I'm tired of getting accused of cheating/lag switching because some Survivor had a ######### connection.
    7. Customization! Offer tons of cosmetic options to customize Killers and Survivors.
    8. Frequent balancing. when something is overpowered, underpowered, or working incorrectly it should be fixed quickly, not after months or years of being broken.
    9. Atmosphere. This is crucial - survivors should never feel completely safe and Killers should feel like dangerous murder machines.
    10. Balance the Survivor side with solo and group play taken into account. Voice comms should not give such a huge advantage that solo players may as well not bother. This means survivors should not have so much information that all sense of uncertainty is eliminated.
    10. Fun. Both sides should be fun at all levels. I want to enjoy Killer and Survivor without feeling like either one is easy mode.

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258
    Options

Or we could implement all of the above things into the current DbD, so:

• we won't be forced buy another game to play DbD (because the old one would die)
    • we would have one, balanced game, instead of 3 (hello Deathgarden
    • we would avoid things like Deathgarden, aka 17 players playing the game, because it is worse than their flag game
  • redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Peasant said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

• VR and distance-based mic communication with killer and survivors
    • more gore and fight-back by the survivors

if DBD doesn't go on that direction, I may run my Game when I get the funds

@BACKSTABBER Whether or not you're aware of this fact the behavior you are describing is griefing and is punishable of a temporary ban.

"LIST OF BANNABLE OFFENSES - TEMPORARY BAN

Griefing: Intentional gameplay abuse
    Working with the opposite team to gain an advantage or grief teammates
    Targeting specific users repeatedly in order to ruin their game experience
    Holding the game hostage"

I encourage you to stop promoting such behavior, even as a joke.

I think his name says it all he is a serial griefer who probably males new game accounts to grief more
  • George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Options
    First: nothing, for now, Dbd still has a lot of potential. Keep making them new chapters, I'll buy them for real money, promise.
    In a possible sequel though, I'd love to see a solution for SWF: inbuilt voice chat for survivors, but limited to the ones within short distance.
    And make killers able to hear them too, if within distance. Would be a lot of fun to do a little eavesdropping with Wraith/Shape types. Maybe even perks that enhance volume.
  • Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604
    edited September 2018
    Options

I would rather they fix the first game first and continue to develop the game that way

theres no need for game 2

it would only split the player base by half, and it would take a ridiculous amount of time before game 2 gets content and everything from 1 gets ports over

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

Ditch swf

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    Options

Make it like Amnesia or Silent Hills in terms of spookiness, but with team work like White Noise 2 (even after death).

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

Dedicated servers.

Also, i'd like them to do what Rayman Legends did with Rayman Origins: Copy all the old stuff over to the new title while, of course, also making a bunch of new stuff BEFORE releasing the game.
    Then make a function that allows you to import your save file from DbD1.
    Now you got a new game with new possibilities. Y'know, possibilities that weren't doable before, like fricking dedicated servers.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options

@Bravo0413 said:
    See deathgarden... no loading screens... the runners can move their characters around in the lobby waiting for the match to start... the hunter is skillbased and strong enough to take on any group that comes into their match... none of this free escape ######### blah blah blah.... pure skill v skill... this is what I want for DBD

How is that game going? Is anyone playing it?

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options

@Giche said:

@fcc2014 said:

How is that game going? Is anyone playing it?

https://steamcharts.com/app/555440

Damn those numbers look bad! Thanks for the answer!

• redsopine1
    redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    Options
    Id go for solo killer and survivor campaigns for back-story some people speculate some oc survivors are dead outside the entity's realm so it would be intersting to see how they died
  • Global
    Global Member Posts: 770
    Options

Didnt know this thread was still a thing xD

• Redcum
    Redcum Member Posts: 261
    Options

No need for game 2 except if progress on Dead by Daylight gets carried over to Dead by Daylight 2. I refuse to do the grind all over again just to have a slighty improved game.

• Oblitiry
    Oblitiry Member Posts: 487
    edited September 2018
    Options
    All the take away SWF posts are kind of uhhh counter productive. If you want DBD2 to be a dead game then that's the way to do it. The bulk of online player bases are people wanting to play with their friends. Regardless if playing against them is fun or not. 1,000 killers with only 100 solo survivors will get so boring so fast people will simply stop playing. 

TLDR : Don't take the patty out of a hamburger and expect it to still taste good.
  • Sarief
    Sarief Member Posts: 543
    Options

in "if" scenario, I would like to see it based on a little different horror genre.
    If DbD 1 takes place in slashers, then DbD2 should take places in other horror genre.

Alien, Predator, Cabin in the woods, The Thing, Night of the Living Dead, Cloverfield, It, Ring, Insidious, etc.

While DbD Presents killers that could be human, but have uncanny powers, DbD2 would not have to limit itself to slasher killers and present strange, bizzare and scary in their own way killers. Killers that manifest fear, have strength that human cannot understand and fighting them is useless.
    Maybe delve a little into SciFi, to allow more items for survivors to fight back, maybe delve a little more into magic. Survivors would need it.

Alien creature that can crawl walls and catch you when you least expect it. Monster that can take you to different realm, multiple insects that crawl under your skin, haunting ghost that can break you without even touching.
    At the same time, survivors would have different things to survive.
    Bring guns only to realise they're useless against new threat.
    Movement sensors? Don't forget to look behind you.

Change maps to actually represent the challenge in itself instead of being "repair gens".
    Map set in cornfield? Fix the windmill.
    Map in spaceship? Fix the saving pods.
    Laboratory? Open the alarm locks

If it was done right and themed correctly (best thing about DbD to be fair) then I'd buy it.