Was it a mistake to join so late as a killer?

I see all this talk about how killers are mistreated and considering they have a financial reason to support the group that is 4 times the number and thus the potential money that is survivors I start feeling like it

I get looped hard and sometimes it's ridiculous, in big maps it's impossible for me to catch up to the survivors if they're good. Do you high rank killers feel this way? Will it get better as I rank up or even worse? Because good survivors make me regret starting a match.

Comments

• killde
    killde Member Posts: 53
    edited February 2020

I just got looped, they defiled me, this red just bullied me and wasted my entire time.

This isn't [BAD WORD] fun even though the game is about murdering people unbelievable), i got looped so hard. And the thing is - It doesn't matter what I tried, I couldn't physically reach the survivor, I've tried my best and just couldn't he kept looping me.

This game is meant to torment killers and please survivors at the expense of the trauma of the killer.

And at the end getting that "the entity is displeased", [BAD WORD] I'M DISPLEASED.

It's such a shame, this game was what I believed to be a savior for someone like me and it just feels like a bad joke the higher I rank.

• kreeper124
    kreeper124 Member Posts: 492

The matchmaking is messed up right now, so that's why you're getting paired up with reds. Some maps (like coldwind, haddonfield and some others) are brutal playing as killer. You just gotta keep practicing. If you struggle against loops, you might want to consider getting the doctor as he can stop survivors from vaulting/dropping pallets with his shocks. And I'd also suggest watching some streamers/YouTubers to see what they do in chases and learn from kt

• OhMyWords
    OhMyWords Member Posts: 230

in this community, you play the 2 sides and you take one side. just take the survivor side so you don't have to feel bad about buying this game. plus if youre paying full money for a game, might as well play everything with it. also don't pay for any dlc killers unless they're licensed. the killers are subject to heavy "tweaks" that usually negatively affects the killer. save up your iridescent shards so you'll get more playtime out of the game.

• Aeon
    Aeon Member Posts: 41

Come on... The guy literally admitted to being a new killer against a red rank survivor. How is it that you immediately leaped to cheating? I could loop a baby killer until the cows come home and not break a sweat. Without seeing a recording of this, my guess is that the killer was not optimal in hugging the walls when chasing because baby killers don't really know how vital that is. You'll never catch a survivor playing optimally if you're taking wide turns.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Biggest thing is to concentrate on learning. Don't worry about the end game tally. Just work on improving. As @DudeDelicious said above, YouTube and I'll add in Twitch can give you invaluable advice and insight. Lastly I'll add, play both sides. You learn much more by playing both roles.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,177

I just joined the game a week or so ago and the only thing I really have trouble with are the people who just run around an object and turn the game into a Benny Hill chase. I almost always eventually catch up to them but I've burned so much time by the time that it's finally happened that half the damn generators are completed...

If that ends up happening, I'll usually decide to be THAT killer at that point and just camp their ass. If you're going to break the spirit of the game by running around in circles like an ass like that, I'm gonna break the spirit on my side and watch you wiggle on the hook and just stab you if someone tries to bring you down 😈

• Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Member Posts: 608
    edited February 2020

Cheats are incredibly rare. Mods anyways... Lagswitch still happens but I see abusing terrible connections only from killers. As a survivor bad connection tends to bite you in the ass more than help. It's more likely that the guy ran a loop he didn't know how to close. Some of the jungles can be used like that if you run it wrong and aren't stacking bloodlust to boot.

• Hsizzle
    Hsizzle Member Posts: 74

iv got over 3000 hours. no its 100% fine that he came into killer now. i play majority survivor and still have a blast playing killer and i loved the tome challenges for killer too. you kids need to get better. OP just keep practicing you’ll be fine. watch videos and see what big content creators do. i suggest u keep your opinion to yourself until you have atleast 1000

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961

I respectfully disagree. Killer is in a terrible spot right now. Unless you get bad survivors, your experience, blood points, and ability to get a pip aren't in your hands.

Do you honestly feel that killer is better off with new ruin? With spirit and nurse nerfed? With the inability to pip while using core powers like a chainsaw or vile purge?

Because I don't. I feel like I either stomp, or get stomped now. I would rather have 6 games where I 1-3k getting a single depip, two brutal, two ruthless, and one merciless; rather than 6 games where I get three depip and three merciless.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470

No. It was worse, but survivors still can 1v1 killer in 1v4 game.

• CrassardStreams
    CrassardStreams Member Posts: 179

This. This so much right here. The killer is supposed to be scary and force survivors to work together, and instead they're the butt end of a bad joke running in circles (or abandoning chases before they get too long to find another gen and often repeat the process)

• ProfessorDunwich
    ProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 1,514

This is not a good time to be learning killer. The recent Ruin nerf has made things rough for killers, even experienced ones. Meanwhile, the devs act like everything is fine.

Playing as killer does not feel strong. You feel more like a loner trying to not to get bullied on the school yard. Definitely not what was advertised.

• Exerlin
    Exerlin Member Posts: 1,352
    edited February 2020

Yes, but only because the rank reset change has caused everyone to get mixed together at red ranks. Matchmaking is messed up big time, but it should be getting fixed soon. At that point, you won't be late at all. I'd say that if you just started a month or week ago, you're actually a little early

• drimmalor
    drimmalor Member Posts: 909

I don't really care about pips - it's not why I play. I have horrible ranked anxiety, so I try to ignore those metrics. I play for points and to enjoy the game, and killer still gets lots of points even in bad games, at least compared to playing survivor.

I also believe that new Ruin is much healthier for the game. If old Ruin wasn't found, it could completely carry a game for you. It created unrealistic expectations of performance, and could be very swingy rather than building for the average game experience. New Ruin allows players to see how well they're actually doing, as well as being a very useful perk for players that know how to pressure generators. Changing Ruin also allows the devs to collect more consistent data on how games go, since games can't be decided based on whether Ruin was found or not. It was a variable that made it difficult to change other aspects of the game, like toolboxes or gen times.

As for Nurse, she was indisputably the strongest killer in the game. She needed to be changed, and I think her changes were very good, both for her addons as well as to her base kit. It makes her kit actually have some counterplay, while still being perfectly usable for those that have practiced her and know how to blink well. Spirit's nerfs were mostly for the extreme cases - either using her best addons (Prayer Beads, which had essentially no counterplay outside of Spine Chill), or colliding with survivors. I still believe she is just as strong as before, but requires more calculated predictions than simply running into survivors to check for collision.

That feeling of "I feel like I either stomp, or get stomped now" is what changing Ruin is working towards addressing: creating an experience that you can go into a game and have a fair chance of a back-and-forth game, where you're not sure if you'll win or lose within the first minute, because anything could happen. Snowballing either direction isn't fun for anyone; challenging games are what I play for. So yes, I do think that killer is in the best spot it's ever been right now, because you can choose perks that reward you for playing well (Ruin, PGTW), or you can pick perks that plan for the worse cases (Blood Warden, NOED). Ruin is no longer a "must-pick" simply because it can win the game by itself. I started playing when double pallets were prominent, and the game has come a long way since then. Yes, there's still a lot that needs to be done, but I think the direction it's heading is exciting.

• Cronk
    Cronk Member Posts: 283

Ya not a killer you're a victim

• Dwinchester
    Dwinchester Member Posts: 961

See that's the same old company line responses that have been parroted on here so many times. I didn't ask about the health of the game, or the reasons behind the nerfs, because we all know that its a lie. If the devs were so concerned about unrealistic expectations and perks that carry the game for you, at least 4 survivor perks and the rank reset would have been nerfed right along with ruin.

I asked if killer was better off, which i already know the real answer to based on your health of the game and I was around when response.

• GHOSTfaceP3
    GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,364

One think I do agree with you on is it is healthier for the game... probably for different reasons tho ..mine is now we are seeing how fast gens can go especially in the early game or if you play trapper hag oni or any killer that either needs to set up or has no map mobility it’ll show the imbalances in the game and thus let the devs see true numbers without ruin

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

The game is 100x easier for killers than it was 2/3 years ago tbh, and with upcoming changes to tool boxes, and probably more killer buffs, it only looks to get easier

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

It only gets worse the higher you get as the games imbalance gets more abused.

Don't get me wrong, the game is way more balanced than it used to be, but just because it's more balanced, doesn't mean it is balanced. Quite far from actually.