So who actually runs ruin+surveillance, weeks after the patch?

Options
MTK
MTK Member Posts: 77

"its not a nerf, it's great with surveillance"

Not to be salty or anything, i've gotten used to running corrupt intervention and it's great so far.

That said, ruin change was still ######### and always will be. Kinda curious what the actual metrics are concerning ruin's usage..esp with surveillance.

Comments

• Pigforever
    Pigforever Member Posts: 72
    Options

Their a good combo but 3 out of 5 games my totem is found in the first minute of the game

• MTK
    MTK Member Posts: 77
    Options

Yeah, I wont deny that the combination of those two perks is GOOD. It's just that once the totem is found and cleansed within the first 34.7 seconds of the game you are essentially playing on two perks. Not to mention you'll prob be missing legit anti-gen perks like pop because cant kick gens with ruin(unless you wanna play 3 perk game while ruin is up). That's why i'm curious if ppl actually use the two together. I'd honestly say i have some niche uses for ruin alone(NOT with survey) where I'd run something like distressing + underground lab offering + calm addon for doctor and just 4 man blast every 60 seconds to get em off gens

• Pigforever
    Pigforever Member Posts: 72
    Options

I replaced ruin with pgtw and will use corrupt intervention when I unlock it to. When ruin stays up I do pretty good but it goes down to fast

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,112
    Options

I use Ruin + Surveilance on my Freddy, along with Hex: The Third Seal and Knockout.

Works great against solos. Really wish voice chat was considered an unauthorized exploit because voice chat destroys all of those perks.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,510
    Options

I don't see it too often and when I do it doesn't seem worth. Same reason I don't run it.

That said, I think CI is way overrated and not that great. Many times depending on the map and your spawn it can even hurt you.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

I use it. It's actually super effective.

The trick is to defend your totem and the 3/4 closest gens. If you can do this well you can secure 4k's pretty much every game because trying to finish the last 2 gens with new Ruin when the killer is CONSTANTLY interrupting you is actually very difficult.

Like seriously the amount of people that ######### on new Ruin astounds me. It's not a bad perk, you just have to actually DO stuff to get value out of it. It doesn't do the work for you. Too many killers are used to perks just doing the work for them, eg. Corrupt Intervention. Maybe learn how to pressure gens and scramble survivors instead of just chasing one guy until you catch them over and over like a bot.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470
    Options

Wraiths and Legions add-ons without hex totem allow to see generator auras long time before Ruin nerf, but nobody ever cared about it. Its not bad, but not really valuable either.

Its not worth even 1 add-on slot.

Now devs think that we should trade 2 perk slots for it, lol.

• kreeper124
    kreeper124 Member Posts: 491
    Options

I play on Xbox and I've seen that combo maybe twice since the ruin change went live. I've never tried it since it's not too useful for early game, and it's usually cleansed by the time 2 or 3 gens are done

• drimmalor
    drimmalor Member Posts: 909
    Options

I use it on killers that can capitalize on the information and push survivors off generators - Spirit, Oni, Freddy, and even Wraith are prime examples. I've tried it on others like Pig, but I feel like Corrupt would be a better choice on them.

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882
    Options

I prefer surge with surveillance.

• Gcarrara
    Gcarrara Member Posts: 2,263
    Options

It's a really nice combo. I use it indeed when i have the chance.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

I do on spirit, since kicking gens is too much time spent on them for her (even with brutal strength).

• Techn0
    Techn0 Member Posts: 405
    Options

My big problem with it is that if I'm using Surv/Ruin. My entire build has to revolve around it. If that totem gets found I'm practically down two perks.

-I now can't run surge reliably because it won't get much if any use with ruin up. It will only be good with ruin gone and I'd be stuck with 3 perks all game.

-Surveillance by itself is really not my cup of tea and on an m1 killer with low mobility it feels like too much of a time waster to be effective

-Gens are constantly regressing so brutal won't work unless ruin leaves.

I really don't like the combo because now it feels like I'm banking half of my build on a totem that could leave in 30 seconds and if I want to cover the fact that it could be a waste of two perk slots I have to run perks that might not even get play during the match. If I want the early information THAT badly, I'll just run discordance or something else that will work all game.

• joker7997
    joker7997 Member Posts: 899
    Options

I use it on ever killer.