Who’s your killer main and why?

Options

Comments

• Midori_21
    Midori_21 Member Posts: 723
    Options

I play mostly Oni on PS4. I do play other killers but I always have the most fun as Oni.

• FrenziedLegion
    FrenziedLegion Member Posts: 32
    edited February 2020
    Options

Legion

Main reason: just like their playstyle. Always had even after their rework.

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882
    Options

Trapper boy. I love trapping survivors and denying them the god loops or making them rethink of where they're looping me in fear of traps!

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632
    Options

Freddy: The whole reason I was first interested in this game since 2017, my favorite slasher series. I like the control of being able to trick Survivors with teleportation, and stopping their ability to abuse safe loops with snares. You actually feel like a killer and a power role.

Legion: I like his play-style or running across the map quickly before honing in on one survivor.

Clown: I like the chase control I have when I throw bottles cutting off areas of loops, or making looping difficult.

Ghostface: Another nostalgic film I enjoy. I actually feel like i'm scaring survivors when I appear out of nowhere around a corner.

• Flarefire_Xx
    Flarefire_Xx Member Posts: 353
    edited February 2020
    Options

I will structure mine differently, I will do 1-18, 1 being my favourite and 18 being my least favourite

1. Doctor
    2. Clown
    3. Hag
    4. Huntress
    5. Trapper
    6. Ghost face
    7. Spirit
    8. Nurse
    9. Mikey
    10. Wraith
    11. Billy
    12. Freddy
    13. Demo
    14. Oni
    15. Plague
    16. Legion
    17. Pig
    18. Bubba

• Hopesfall
    Hopesfall Member Posts: 828
    edited February 2020
    Options

I switch "mains" frequently.. I'll get in a mood to play one killer alot over a week or so, while rotating the others..

currently been doing most of matches as Nurse/Demo/Plague.. Nurse to try and get better as it's a challenge, Demo because he's fun and the new skin is dope, Plague because I'm determined to make her work -_-

Hag was my actual main when I first started in 2017 though, first one I got to P3.. played the hell out of her. Back when her traps took 9 hours to set.. with speed addons..

• Coder
    Coder Member Posts: 747
    Options

I mained a lot throughout the years.

First Wraith. Then Hillbilly. Then Hag. Then Doctor. Then Pig. Now back to Wraith. I like the fact that he's so basic yet so fun to catch survivors off guard, or bodyblock them against a generator, looking at them and moving the camera left to right like saying "Nope, you're not going anywhere".

• neekocheeko
    neekocheeko Member Posts: 88
    Options

Been playing a lot more Wraith recently. He's very underrated and quite powerful when used well.

• HorrorLover74
    HorrorLover74 Member Posts: 39
    Options

Hard to choose a main for the killer, they are all fun. But if I would have to choose then it would between all the licensed killers for me they are all fun and I mean how cool is it to get chased by a horror movie icon!?

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033
    Options

Doctor is the first one I really picked up and played consistently. I enjoyed his power and his laugh after shocking people. Then picked up clown because I really wanted PGTW, and just enjoyed his laughing mechanic as well. Then picked up Legion. Those are the 3 I play the most now. It used to be Doctor Hag and Freddy, but I got tired of playing around totems as hag and I just randomly stopped using Freddy one day.

• Coder
    Coder Member Posts: 747
    Options

All Seeying lery's or hawkins is a powerful and fun build.

• Doudou
    Doudou Member Posts: 36
    edited February 2020
    Options

I have switched mains through the years. Started as Trapper, then Hag, then Pig, and then almost Legion. Legion's nerfs were too much for me so, I went back to Pig. My reason for maining any killer is how much fun I can get out of them win or lose.

• MysticMusician
    MysticMusician Member Posts: 149
    Options

I mainly play survivor, but I think my favorite killers to play are legion and huntress. I’ve been playing plague a little bit because I bought the DLC mainly for Jane.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options

I don't really have a main, but it used to be Clown. Deep down I feel like he's still ma boi.

Hoping he gets the Doctor treatment. You know he's bad when McLean flat out refuses to play him on stream.

• ninjamediness64
    ninjamediness64 Member Posts: 125
    Options

Used to be Freddy, but I find his rework kind of boring actually. At least he's an actual killer though.

Now it's definitely Oni. I haven't had that much fun playing killer in a long time.

• BloodyNights
    BloodyNights Member Posts: 526
    Options

Michael Myers, aka The Shape, aka The Boogeyman.

He is the reason I bought Dead by Daylight in the first place. I just have a lot of fun stalking survivors, and get a certain thrill of just watching a survivor and suddenly they are just scrambling for their lives like a chicken with their head cut off to try and not allow me to gain tiers in Evil Within. I also really enjoy the movie Halloween, it's my favorite horror movie of all time, and I watch it every Halloween.

I also play some Ghostface, Freddy, Demogorgon, and some Legion. Though I'm slowly thinking about learning to play Leatherface. Though I kind of wish the devs gave him, and maybe his add-ons a bit of a rework. He just feels really boring.

• LaBPedro
    LaBPedro Member Posts: 22
    Options

Spirit is my main killer, although I try to use different ones.....been on trapper for a few days, but also tried wraith and clown.

Idea for a new killer is one that fires fireballs so you catch fire and leave scorch marks on the ground as you are running, vision obscured by flames (somewhat like the clowns disorientation effect). You have to keep moving to get the flames to go out, otherwise it gradually kills you. Sounds a bit OP though.

• RedCloud
    RedCloud Member Posts: 38
    Options

Does anyone main Hag after ruin nerf? I feel like I havent played against her a single time since.

• HealsBadMan
    HealsBadMan Member Posts: 1,122
    Options

Just cause Ruin is her teachable don't mean Hag mains are gone. Just swap it for another slowdown perk and she's still tricky.

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033
    Options

I used to play her a lot. I stopped before the ruin nerf. Mostly because of levelling other killers, and practicing them, but also because I'm in higher ranks. In low ranks, she's a lot of fun and can scare new people. High ranks though she's easily countered and most survivors know how. So you end up with a slow killer and a power that you don't get much real use out of, makes it kinda boring. But with the right perks and adds she call still dominate.

• scarslookgood
    scarslookgood Member Posts: 157
    Options

Doc has always been my main and my favorite. I'm not good at him, but he's the most natural for me to use (for some reason), and the most fun -- even more so since his changes. It's nice to move at a steady rate and I like thinking about how and when to use static blast versus a standard static field.

I first picked him (and picked him first) because I love his aesthetic, his cosmetics, and the sound when he laughs. Too bad I'm terrible at playing Killer!

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options

I dont have any mains, but the killers I have been enjoying the most are

• Legion
    • Demo
    • Doctor
  • gungle
    gungle Member Posts: 33
    Options

At the moment I main trapper because of the archive challenges. I didn't find out about the archive challenges until like a month of playing so I'm behind most people. If there weren't trapper challenges then I would probably be playing Mike Myers. I have been playing pretty good at trapper and ranking up my killer rank and the trapper rank. So I play trapper.

• Cabbage
    Cabbage Member Posts: 349
    Options

Huntress, Demogorgon and Pig. They're all really unique and I love them.

• Marcavecunc
    Marcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057
    Options

Lately? Pig and Huntress, mostly. Have both maxed out, every perk unlocked.

I played a lot of Nurse, Myers and Legion, too, though. All three at prestige 3 with the perks I care for leveled up. I should get back to playing Nurse more, she was fun to play, stopped leveling her once I got all the perks I cared for and moved on to leveling someone else.

• Rmgaming98275
    Rmgaming98275 Member Posts: 14
    Options

I used to main pig because I loved her at the time. But I moved to spirit after buying her legacy skin/Halloween I loved mind gaming and hitting survivors without seeing them. Makes me feel oddly satisfied. I usually run these perks [Save the best for last,pop,thrilling tremors,iron grasp]

• Spirez
    Spirez Member Posts: 674
    Options

Bubba to facecamp toxic survivors. He’s also just my favorite overall even before I got the game.

• GHOSTfaceP3
    GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,363
    Options

I play a lot of spirit but she’s just a place holder for nurse when they increase sensitivity on console (yes I do play nurse a good bit to)

• Joelwino
    Joelwino Member Posts: 550
    Options

The Spirit is one of the main reasons I got into the game, from her power to her amazing design to the amount of emotion she displays as opposed to every other killer who is either smiling, growling or wearing a mask. The other killers I like to play are the Pig, the Doctor, and maybe the Nurse since she was my first killer (I know, bad choice for your first killer) but I still suck at her and pray every day for higher sensitivity on consoles.

• Hailoh
    Hailoh Member Posts: 83
    Options

I haven't really decided on a main yet to be honest. The only killers I've played a fair amount of have been Trapper, Hag, Bubba, Wraith, Legion and Doc. Out of all of them, I probably enjoyed Legion or Doc the most.

I've been having a lot of (guilty) fun with Spirit recently, though. Overall, I'd lean towards Legion, though.

• IFeelFantastic
    IFeelFantastic Member Posts: 72
    Options

Freddy and Ghostface.

I love Freddy because he was always my favorite horror villain, and I like Ghostface because of his ability to both sneak and move quickly.

• Kaiju
    Kaiju Member Posts: 530
    Options

Spirit doesn't have to do anything with mindgames it's just pure guess

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Demogorgon, but if they ever add another monster like a Xenomorph or something that too.

• Mrjuice
    Mrjuice Member Posts: 94
    edited February 2020
    Options

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843
    Options

Still waiting for the right killer, so no main yet.

Currently I like Plague and Oni the most, but honestly I don't feel like any of the existing killers are "right up my alley" enough for me to really want to get invested in them and play them a bunch

I want to like Leatherface and Clown, but uh... well, you know. I guess I like the concept more than the execution, to put it nicely.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

Spirit because she is a strong killer, her power is fun to use, and she is sexy AF. Plus her whole kit fits with my preferred tactics (hit and run, mind games, high pressure/aggression).

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    Options

@Kaiju

You realize that mindgames are guessings? xD That is the whole point about mindgames.

• AllMyLemons
    AllMyLemons Member Posts: 62
    edited February 2020
    Options

Oink!

Pig is my favourite. She looks cool. Has stealth ability and you can slowdown gens if the traps have good rng so i dont use any gen slowdown perks.

Wraith is another fun one. Again i like stealth. Easy first hits on maps where they cant see you coming.

I used to main hag for long but i got bored to it.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842
    Options

Pig.

I love SAW with a passion, and she's super fun to play. I don't play killer at a very high rank, because I don't want to. I prefer low green as killer, or at least with Pig against confused randoms.

There's something as well about the "unseen predator" style of gameplay that's just FUN. And as I have said before, I love to get a snowball effect with people dropping almost all at once.

• Kalec84
    Kalec84 Member Posts: 495
    Options

Oni for the win!

Followed by freddy

• ShadowRain
    ShadowRain Member Posts: 607
    Options

Nurse, love everything about her. Her design, story and gameplay are all amazing. Sad she’s been changed so much though.

• InTheBushes321
    InTheBushes321 Member Posts: 72
    Options

Oni because he's one of the strongest killers in the game, and at red ranks, you have to be sweaty to win. This is, of course, the dev's faults, but we already know they can't balance at all, so you work with what you've got.

BBQ/Infectious/M+A/ a slowdown perk, plus Scalped Topknot and a Speed or Duration add-on is one of the strongest builds in the game, out of any killer, period.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,395
    Options

Doctor map knowledge and gen stalling is amazing if you play him well.

• DonZwiebel
    DonZwiebel Member Posts: 136
    Options

Hag and Doctor are my current favourites. Sometimes I play Ghostface with Selfie-Roulette (Rancor + Nemesis) or Billy for fun.

• Marcavecunc
    Marcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057
    Options

Rancor + Nemesis.. Interesting combination, I'll have to try that one sometime haha

• Dinasy
    Dinasy Member Posts: 26
    Options

Legion, I know that he suck, but he very fun to play, also I just love this idea of band etc.

• Whiskers93
    Whiskers93 Member Posts: 95
    Options

Legion. I get to have fun and the survivors have little to no fun.I hardly get any sacrifices but being able to pip, piss off survivors AND have fun myself makes legion the best

• AngryFluffy
    AngryFluffy Member Posts: 443
    Options

Legion. Even though they aren't really strong, they're still fun to play. I like to run around the map and keep stabbing multiple people.

It is the only killer that brings me fun even if a match is going bad for me.

• Okoru
    Okoru Member Posts: 144
    Options

Been running a lot of doc lately. As a survivor main now playing almost exclusively killer I've been really enjoying him.