Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Chains of Hate Trailer

Hey, just a quick question: why didn't Chains of Hate get a trailer? To my knowledge this is the first Chapter to ever be released without any kind of trailer at all, and I'm wondering why. What do you guys think?

Comments

• doitagain_
    doitagain_ Member Posts: 723

No $$$ in the budget to make one idk

• KingOfBadRNG
    KingOfBadRNG Member Posts: 425

When it goes live that's when the trailer releases for those who dont want to be spoiled.

• LaughingFox
    LaughingFox Member Posts: 43

@KingOfBadRNG But all of the other chapters had their trailers release at least a day or two before their PTB went live. This is the first trailer that hasn't released before the PTB.

• cipherbay_
    cipherbay_ Member Posts: 379

No Munnies

• samination
    samination Member Posts: 312

I mean, an in-game trailer showing gameplay is all they need. But I guess they know we're all going to watch streamers play ptb anyway. But yeah, seemed like they didn't have time to make it a bigger deal.

• xCarrie
    xCarrie Member Posts: 982

Had no time or didn’t want to spend money.

A theory some people had was the chapter is going to be a free DLC. I guess I can kind of see it like that because trailers boost sales and makes the chapter known. If the devs wanted this chapter to be like all the rest you think they would’ve built hype around it and then post the trailer instead of how they did it this time with dropping a teaser then the PTB without notice. It probably isn’t going to be free but it would be a surprise if they did.

• Mikeadatrix
    Mikeadatrix Member Posts: 890

Dude, there's gonna be a trailer, hold your horses (yee haw pun time).

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

They probably wanna release the trailer after they know the ptb changes