Gunslinger Hitreg

I don't get it, lots of the time gunslinger's shots register correctly but as you can see at around 0:47 it just doesn't connect even when the survivor is aimed at.. Is it because of the servers?

Comments

• Slasherton20
    Slasherton20 Member Posts: 20

I dread to think what the servers will be like on Xbox since they are already shocking as it is! It's a shame because the game is great but the servers are just dreadful especially on the console platforms! I'm looking forward to this new DLC but also slightly apprehensive since I know that there will be a whole host of issues and it may put people off playing the Gunslinger since the lag may make it impossible to get a clean shot irrespective of the quality of the aim. 👹

• wisdomwielder
    wisdomwielder Member Posts: 348

I think it was Scott Jund? Who did a video showcasing the inconsistent hitreg of the harpoon. He paused the video and showed that the harpoon came out the gun differently almost every time. Sometimes it correlated with which direction you would be moving and sometimes it would be opposite, so I'm thinking it has something to do with dedicated servers. This is compounded by the fact that survivors have ######### hitboxes.

I'm excited for this new killer but a little bit apprehensive because of these issues.

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053

It's a horrible combination of latency issues with dedicated servers and survivor hitboxes not beeing proberly designed with projectiles in mind. I think this will the worst thing about Deathslinger. Huntress compensates that issues, with her own hitboxes beeing "unfair" or broken, but it seems likle Deathslinger's harpoon has a "fair" size, so he will suffer from it the most.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

There are no dedicated servers on Xbox at the moment, and I'm glad, since it means it's not as laggy for both sides. There are times when lag happens but it's not as often.

• thedevalex
    thedevalex Member Posts: 283