Sound positioning issues

Hi all,

I've recently started to play spirit more because of the challenges and I'm having so much trouble determining the direction of survivors with sound. I've tried Stridor as well, but it makes almost no difference.

I have a pretty decent gaming headset - Steelseries arctis 7 and I've tried fiddling with the settings a bit but still can't get it right :(

Does anyone else have this issue? Any advice and tips would be appreciated!

Comments

• forthelulz
    forthelulz Member Posts: 306

I'd suggest disabling all enhancements/effects/surround both in windows sound settings as well as inside the steelseries software.

Also in windows and within its own software you want to set it to use 2 channel stereo.

I would also highly suggest you connect them via the 3.5mm cord, not usb, plugged directly into your headphone jack on your PC.

• DrownedFish
    DrownedFish Member Posts: 107
    edited February 2020

I have arctis3 and works like a charm.

It doesn't use steelseries software. Simple but works.

• xerav
    xerav Member Posts: 392

Make sure your sound is set to Stereo (in your sound settings). and yes we complain for month that sound bugs out (and using stridor seems to make it worse).

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632

There is a known bug in the game where survivors are not making any sound. I'm even noticing it when I'm playing survivor. The dev's have so far failed to fix this bug for several months now.