Candyman for Dead By Daylight?

Options
Seiko300
Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
edited March 2020 in Polls

I know IT Chapter 2 was bringing a lot of hype back to Pennywise, but it seems the devs missed the opportunity to coincide an IT chapter featuring Pennywise with the movie's release date. I would like to see the character come in ASAP to capitalize on the resurgence of the character, however, the devs might be looking toward another license to pull the same move on: The Candyman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loHJlpekLfg 

An older character who seems to be getting some renewed hype considering he's going to be getting a new movie this year in 2020. The trailer just dropped yesterday February 27th

With 2 original chapters in a row (which saw the introduction of the Oni and the Deathslinger) I think it's high time for another licensed chapter, and I think many community members would agree. Looking forward to another licensed chapter for chapter 16, regardless of who it is (still a few really cool licenses to look forward to)

Now, the PTB for chapter 15 has been up for awhile now and it usually lasts about two weeks, I can't exactly remember when the PTB was first put out but I know I've heard the official date for Chapter 15's release being either this Tuesday or next Tuesday. (The devs like to release things on Tuesday's) so we're looking at a chapter 15 debut Late February early March 

Chapters are spread out 3 months apart, so that means we're looking at a Chapter 16 release date of late May early June. And you wouldn't believe, guess what comes out in June.

The Candyman is set for initial release in June of 2020.

Now, this is [i]far[/i] from a confirmation, however, it is [u]incredibly[/u] suspicious how well these two completely separate events (which share a genre: horror)coincide so well. All I'm saying is, break out the tinfoil hats, and somebody call Paulie Esther so he is aware of what may be bubbling just under the surface behind the scenes.

And speaking of which, Paulie did recently publish a video which goes over a script of an interview Mathieu Cote did on a podcast aired by Nintendo Duel Screens. In the interview Mathieu Cote confirms a number of licenses which he / BHVR have either previously considered, and / or tried to seek out to obtain at some point in the past. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmVEMXjmyH4&t=1s

And what famous killer is mentioned and makes that list? The Candyman. 

(Seriously, somebody get this out to Paulie, I have no idea how to get this information to the guy)

Thoughts anybody?

EDIT: I didn't realize I had uploaded this in "Polls" I meant it to go into the general discussions. Since it's here though, I guess vote whether or not you'd like to see Candyman? Not what this was about, but easy segway

EDIT: I usually write my threads on the steam forums then copy and paste them over to here, and the steam forum thread I made was just DELETED yesterday. Devs don't want people to know about the Candyman theory?? 🤔 

Post edited by Seiko300 on

Comments

• Mr_Madness
    Mr_Madness Member Posts: 997
    Options

Would be a cool idea and maybe they could include The Babadook like a double killer pack just in case there is no survivors and for some reason not a lot of people remember those 2 films even though both of them are just like the Boogeyman except Candyman is like a Hybrid of Bloody Mary and the Boogeyman while Babadook is more of a Shadow Boogeyman so they can do a lot for the Candyman. Maybe the can include his bees somehow into a power or mori.