Cross saving

I Heard Nintendo realese cross saving for a few games betewen PC and Switch . And on the last poll for dbd , they Ask if we could play to an another platform if cross save is enable on dbd.

So maybe we gonna have cross save , this could be very interesing.

So do you things cross save will be realese on dbd maybe this years ?

Comments

• deollie
    deollie Member Posts: 168

I need a cross save for this game 😭

My account on xbox is just sitting around because I switched to PC 😐 Restarting is not fun and I don't understand why they don't have a cross save honestly.. Like come on.

• Happy2Heal4You
    Happy2Heal4You Member Posts: 119

I would love to transfer my PS4 account over to PC since a I have like most of all the killers p3 on that account and a survivor with all the perks to play around with but I’m not sure how crossaving works? Like if I transfer data from my PS4, do I still keep the stuff on my PC save data like my 2 fully completed rifts and tomes and such or would that all be lost?

• CotJocky
    CotJocky Member Posts: 221

Only way I could imagine it could work is if you could tie all your accounts together and then BHVR refund you back in blood points. I have some of the same survivors and killers leveled up on multiple accounts. How would you combine a character that is P3 with all perks on 2, 3, 4, 5 different accounts? I imagined you'd feel robbed if you got no credit for that wouldn't you?

They'd definitely have to remove the BP cap. The amount of BP I'd be awarded back (and many others) would be astronomical.

I could 100% P3 all survivors and killers with all perks if I could combine all my accounts, and still have BP left over. I have thousands of hours in this game across 3 platforms and 5 accounts.

• Huntar
    Huntar Member Posts: 848

I'm very curious about how they would handle DLC if they enable cross-save. I know a few games make you buy DLC multiple times on different platforms because they have to pay a fee for each DLC given for free. Maybe they could get around it since you can earn most characters in-game, and their access isn't tied directly to owning the DLC? But then, what happens for the DLC that's free on one platform, but not another, like Doctor and Hag?

• CotJocky
    CotJocky Member Posts: 221

I would think the save would only deal with your progress. If you owned "hag" on Xbox and had her P3 with all perks, you would still have access to use that on whatever platform you own the DLC on, but still not have access to it on the platform where you don't own it. If you did buy it for the platform you don't own it on, then you would automatically have access to that P3 all perks progress you had on her.

That's how I would imagine it would work. This is cross progression saving, not buy DLC in one spot and use it everywhere progression.

I can explain it to you this way. I have my Xbox set as my home Xbox. My friend wanted to unlock BBQ, but not spend the $5 on Leatherface (he's super cheap). He was tired of waiting for it to show up in the Shrine. He logged in to his account on my Xbox which game him access to LF. He spent his BP on LF and unlocked BBQ. He went back to his console and even though he had no access to LF, BBQ was a teachable on his account and he was able to purchase it in the blood web of his other killers.

That tells me the progress can be tracked and still deny you access to DLC you have not purchased.

I honestly believe that is how it will work unless they become overly generous. Being some DLC is not original content, it would be expensive to not do it that way.