Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why is bodyblocking windows a thing

Zamblot
Zamblot Member Posts: 270

So I'm playing survivor. It's not going great, a teammate suicides on hook almost instantly and the killer is on my ass. I loop the killer for a considerable amount of time before he gets me and hooks me. Someone comes and saves me and I'm right to getting tunneled, I decide to save my DS and keep looping. Again I manage to loop for a fair amount of time before going down. 3rd time I get unhooked Infront of the killer by a useless solo q teammate who doesn't attempt to bodyblock. I use DS and the chase is back up and we have 2 gens left. I loop for both 2 gens and am actually doing quite well against the killer and have managed to escape many close calls. I go to a pretty powerful loop while someone opens an exit gate and the killer has tunnel vision so he doesn't even care about them. This is fine I think, I can just loop a bit longer and then go through the gate... That was until a useless teammate comes and stands in the corner of the window I'm about to jump through and even though there is easily enough room I literally can't press space. I end up going down (I had the pallet up whilst looping so I would've been safe) and then getting hooked and being hit by the doctor as if he outplayed me and it really infuriated me.

In a team based game why are you going to completely block of windows I'm standing right by because a teammate is on the corner of them? I can't control how my teammates decide to play but the fact I don't get the prompt to press space and maybe slightly nudge that player to the right really annoys me because after carrying them the whole game, they get the escape and I lose my pretty good item that I didnt even get to use for the entire game because of the tunneling

Comments

• TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943

Yeah the screams are really loud and annoying and hitting someone on the hook stops it lol but no way to tell what each killer is doing though but I like to think a single hit from the killer is why they do it, not like it does anything to the hooked survivor anyway.

• SkeletonWitch
    SkeletonWitch Member Posts: 94

Toxic teammates are the real killers in this game.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

The smacking on the hook to stop the scream is a silly way people found they could justify hitting survivors on the hook and claiming it's not bm lol. Why didn't he hit op the other times he hooked him?

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

I didn't t-bag you at that pallet, I have gas I need to release and bending in this position helps move it along much faster!

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

I'm not tbagging I'm just stretching to prepare myself for another loop

• DrownedFish
    DrownedFish Member Posts: 107

Why is body blocking the killer a thing?

• andyollolloll
    andyollolloll Member Posts: 940

It isn't a 1v1 if you play on PlayStation you can rely on your friends with comms which is great fun for survivors and even better it isn't balanced.

Why play solo?

• Zamblot

Yeah, I know, I try to play SWF when I can. I technically was playing swf but my teammate was the one who suicided (not out of choice his game froze, I just didn't want to elaborate every detail to make the post even longer) but it's ashame that if that was a 1v1 scenario I would've lasted longer and had more fun, even if the gates were never open but my teammates actually put me at a major disadvantage in the final loop. Ofc the same guy who did it waited in the exit gate and teabagged the killer even though I did all the work and he acted like he had done good in that game.

I dont mind normal bad teammates but it's when the teammates are so bad they actually hinder you, I'm not sure if she was meant to or not but either way she could've easily taken a hit or just not blocked the window and I'd have probably escaped. This game is difficult for new players so most of my friends who I've gotten into the game eventually give up early on and I dont have to many people to play with.

You shouldn't be massively disadvantaged by a teammate in the way. Its happened to me 2 times in the last few days and I don't play that much (another game when some dude just went afk in the killer shack doors). They are teammates, not random entities floating around. They shouldn't be able to hinder you, at most just not help you.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Nah, this is actually something I do.

Some Survivors are super loud and I really do not want my ears blasted, looking at you Steve and Meg.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

Oh I don't argue you do it, I was just thinking up a funny t-bagging reason.

• Wylesong
    Wylesong Member Posts: 642

It could have been a pure accident.You say you carried the game but just because you lead the killer on a chase does not mean you carried. If they had not done gens or opened the gate the chase would be pointless. In a game like this there is no I in TEAM. You just did the one thing you are better at and they did gens. Take pride that you can loop killers better than others but do not be cocky and say you carried the team. I have looped killers because I knew I was better at it and my friends did gens. It was a TEAM effort. I am sorry you had a game were you got killed because of bad luck and possible accident or even maybe the person was just being toxic. I hope that does not happen to you again.

• Zamblot

Ha I definitely did. They didn't take hits or anything and left me to die while working on gens. If they are decent survivors they would've noticed I was being tunneled off hook and saved me but they weren't, and the fact that they then went to bodyblock windows shows that they were awful. Then my hard work worked of FOR THEM and not for me when I did a good job and thus I lost my nice item

• Zamblot

(all they did was hold M1 and do things that literally require no skill without taking a single chase, definitely a carry)

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

Well, they did not left you to die, they unhooked you twice. And either they got chased as well and doing all the heals and unhooks or they were pretty efficient on gens when you got tunneled off the hooks. Carrying the team is when you do EVERYTHING, not just looping. And you pretty much didn't do everything when you were tunneled.

To your OP, what do you expect? That multiple survivors can jump through a window at once? Just think about what it would be for killer if multiple survivors that get caught in a small space could just float around like a swarm without body blocking. I think this is just your own personal view on a specific scene, not really looking at the wide change it would bring if they really realized your request.

And just4fun, cuz of "swarming"

https://clips.twitch.tv/RoundObeseKittenCharlieBitMe

• Wylesong

I am sorry you had a bad experience with them. I know I for one would risk my one game to save someone. It is kind of why I always run Borrowed Time. I would rather run out and save someone and get hooked myself then let someone else die. The only time I may not take the risk is if NOED is active and someone was duh and opened the gate so the timer is counting down but even then I probably will try.

I feel like the body blocking is a new fun thing as well. I just had 3 games where people clearly blocked me and let the killer slug me. I sadly have no way to even vent at them because the platform I play on does not allow chat. I can understand how much that pisses you off. I did 4 gens only to have someone corner me and let the killer get me last game. Then I managed to crawl away and the killer couldn't find me. I recovered and the only teammate left waited about 2 minutes looking at me then decided to pick me up AS the killer is chasing them, needless to say it was a wipe. I understand you pain but there was at least one other person trying on my team.

I personally think I am taking another month are two break from the game because I feel like solo survivors are not learning crap. I watch them as me or someone else is hiding trying to heal run around leaving HUGE BRIGHT RED scratch marks on the walls and wondering why the killer finds them and just so many dumb moves. The best part is when you see their play time and it says over 500 hours. You think and you still play like a rank 20. lol

Sorry for the very long message but to sum it up I feel your anger and sad thing is nothing you can do but eat the losses or do what I do scream at your tv in hopes the idiots hear you. rofl I hope you have better games. =)

• Quol
    Quol Member Posts: 694

If you get the advantages of body blocking then you get the disadvantages as well.

• Brucecastro81
    Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609

complain about the self-care meg, we did nothing

• Zamblot

Yeah solo q is so annoying. This game is ridiculous with how many systems they have that seem to encourage toxic play for both the killer and survivor side. Sure it's a vastly different game and easier to balance but balance issues aside when playing a game like Overwatch your team may be the most toxic scum ever but even then they don't have the ability to actually hinder you however dead by daylight seems to love adding those systems. Alot of the time you do work and someone else gets rewarded like the Claudette crouching in the corner of the map or the Dwight waiting in the locker by the hatch. I have no idea why anyone would make a game so toxic but honestly, I don't think the Devs realise how much of a problem toxicity is for both sides and how it can easily put me in a bad mood for the whole day. It's the reason I hardly play dead by daylight anymore and I'm definitely never sinking any more of my money into this game that I foolishly spent a while back

• Wylesong

I agree I am currently on a looooong break from the game. I have died in games only to see clueless players as I spectate just take turns hiding and hope the other player gets killed so they can get the hatch. It is very toxic and you are right it puts you in a horrible mood. I have no joke been yelling at my screen even though they cant hear me.

The worst case was watching a player 100% honest hide in a locker in the basement WITH a key and his teammate gets hooked in the basement. Well the killer leaves like 100% safe and the player comes out of the locker and looks at the hooked teammate then goes into another locker comes out and does it again. IT was like he was doing it on purpose. He let the teammate die INSTEAD of unhooking him and trying to get them both out the hatch.

I about quit the game for good that night because I still feel like no matter what your rank you will have at least 1 or 2 lazy toxic teammates. I do not even care about my rank anymore. I use to easily be rank 6 or 7 now I am lucky to go past 10 because I just don't care to try. Once I see lazy teammates I focus on just getting myself out and anyone else that is actually trying.