Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Survivors - how do you feel about the matchmaking?

As a killer main, I have been consistently matched with people of such a higher skill level than myself that I do not find the games even fun. There is not even enough time/interaction with the survivors that I can claim it's helping me to improve. I know matchmaking changes are in the works, but honestly, are you survivors having fun just dumping on killers who aren't on your level? I'm already preparing for all the "practice/git gud/baby killer whaa" responses, but tbh, I will probably be taking a break from killer for a while, which will only make your wait times worse. If we could all go back to having fun, instead of trying to wipe out the other side to show dominance, maybe this wouldn't be such an issue, likewise if we had more high rank killers to go around.

It's just not fun at the moment. The mismatch is, most days, too great to even get the rift quests done.

I hope we get back to having fun soon.

/rant

Comments

• Auron471
    Auron471 Member Posts: 1,310

Urban Evasion intensifies

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    edited March 2020

As if survivors choose who they are matched with. Why should they play worse just because they might have been matched with a lower skilled player?

Blame BHVR for making Killer so stressful and unfun for so many players that few actually play it cinsustently compared to survivor. Finding a match as survivor takes forever.

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197

I usually feel bad until I see the kill has max everything and UR addons but has smurfed to go against easier survivors...

• BananaBlooD95
    BananaBlooD95 Member Posts: 555

We don't blame survivor for being good, we complain because the match making is ######### and on top of it survivor BM us. How are we supposed to have fun if BHVR troll us and 4/5 of the community treat us like #########?

I get insta queue as yellow rank killer vs 3 rank 1 and 1 rank 2 survivor. Then I switch for survivor because my friend is online, we get a full purple lobby except the killer is rank 1 SMH.

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267

What's this?

Must be bad if people don't touch them

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,982

Matchmaking has been shite for about 2-3 weeks now.

I mean, it's never been good, but it's been consistently worse for the past like 2-3 weeks.

When I switch to killer which I currently have around rank 9, I consistently go against an entire team of red ranks, or like 3 reds and a purple. Consistently.

And as a rank 1 survivor, even in solo queue, I've gone up against killers everywhere from rank 1 to rank like 13

• Skelemania
    Skelemania Member Posts: 227

I would rather get lobbies with lower ranked teammates if the alternative is eight minute queue times.

The waiting for the lobby takes longer than half the games.

I just want to play. I don't care what rank anyone is.

• BananaBlooD95
    BananaBlooD95 Member Posts: 555

An a other one who doesn't understand the issue. While the match making is shittier than ever, the community is also more toxic. It's one thing to have a bad match up, it's an other to be t-bagged during the entire game and being told lot of stupid stuff at the end of said game.

Also the red rank killer I've been playing against tonight all told me they barely ever face red rank survivor... Before I taught there were just not enough red rank killer but it seem there are enough it's just the match making being worst than I expected.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

It has been bad to say the least, i have been getting matched with rank 15-10 killers and survivors as rank 4 survivor and the skill gap between them and me is really noticeable.

Although, on a positive note, my controller is malfunctioning and the left stick is being really unresponsive, so that makes thing more fair for them.

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267

The op explained their experience, i explained mine in a picture. Most games I have experienced the past few days are people not doing the objective, such as doing gens. Yes match making is one of the problems, which is why i am experiencing more potatoes because of the rank they are at or whatever other problems this game has.

Any online game has a toxic community some worse than others. For me t-bagging isn't bad, every game that has crouch spamming does it. It's only toxic to the people offended by it.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Happens to me alot. Had a match vs SWF with Flash light, 3 Head on 2 Red/2 Purple ect and got myself crushed. Then I bring all expose perks with good add-on, to face 3 Green 1 Purple.