Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Survivor is the less expensive role

gatsby
gatsby Member Posts: 2,533

The majority of the good Survivor Perks in Dead By Daylight are free.

Sprint Burst, Adrenaline, Bond, Prove Thyself, Unbreakable, Kindred, Borrowed Time, Spine Chill, Dead Hard and Self Care are all relatively meta and most of the High Rank players use them even if they have access to all Survivors. Basically as long as you pay the money for the base game. You're totally fine for Survivor and can easily play to a high level without spending money.

The majority of the good Killer Perks in Dead By Daylight are on paid Killers. Save the Best for Last, Play with Your Food, Monitor and Abuse, BBQ, Surveillance, PTB Hangman's Trick, Pop Goes the Weasel, Bamboozle, Discordance, Infectious Fright, Corrupt Intervention and Thrilling Tremors are all paid perks. If you want to main Killer, not only is each Killer unique mechanics-wise but the majority of the meta perks necessary for high ranks are behind a pay wall.

As a Survivor main, I haven't felt the need to buy many DLC characters and that's been great for me even at Red Ranks. But I really empathize with Killer mains because their wallets must really take a hit if they want to excel in this game.

Comments

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266
    edited March 2020

I have a big thanks to Shrine secret last week with Make your choice & Iron maiden. Both perks were what Im looking for (since Pig & Legion are weak, I dont want to buy).

Also lucky that I got all Bubba perks in Shrine too.

Im looking for Mad grid to deal with SWF as Trapper. Then my basement will be complete.

Looking for Furtive Chase too, +Rancor will be a delicious combo late game.

• Galklife
    Galklife Member Posts: 726

my core build on killer: whispers (free), enduring (billy is free), bbq (ok its $ dlc, but bubba was my 1st main so i didnt felt like buying perk), and 4th perk is depending on mood

+ you should know, every killer is kinda unique and different perks supports him, EVERY SURV is the same xd so you dont need anything special xd

so youre telling me role with over 10 unique characters is more expensive than role with 1 character and XX skins? hmmm

btw if you dont want to pay just wait for shrine xd

+ remember 3 of 4 top 4 killers are F2P xd

• KingOfBadRNG
    KingOfBadRNG Member Posts: 425

You could buy a non lisence killer with iridescent shards or any perks on the bloodweb.

• Zaitsev
    Zaitsev Member Posts: 1,285

Exactly, survs are literally just reskins lol. I think some survs should have some buffs or debuffs. Like, Meg recovers from exhaustion faster but does objectives slower or something.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

@Zaitsev no, if a Survivor has a slightly buff / debuff perspective, most will always pick meta one. Example if one has 5% faster speed but 10% slower gen repair. Everyone will pick them because that 5% can loop you much longer than their slower repair time.

I think they should adjust volume between large/small Survivor. Such as Feng is small, make more noise while Jeff is like 30% Iron will because hes easier to see.

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

They really need to update the shrine to offer more perks. 4 perks is really out of date imo.