######### IS THIS MATCHMAKING?

Options

FIX YOUR GAME!

Comments

• Big_Trash_Panda
    Big_Trash_Panda Member Posts: 72
    Options

Lack of killers/lack of red rank killers means the red rank survivors searching gets expanded resulting in a green rank killer getting red ranks.

• Kwikwitted
    Kwikwitted Member Posts: 641
    Options

What's even weirder is it goes the opposite way sometimes.

I didn't get it much when I was pushing to Rank 1, but now that I'm at Rank 1 again I get random matches against greens and purples every 4th match or so. I feel so bad because I don't turn down the tryhard until they're all on death hook and five gens are still alive and I realize "oh god, I've been terrorizing these poor players, no wonder they're just hiding now afraid to even touch a generator for fear I'm going to know where they are".

• hex_genrush
    hex_genrush Member Posts: 736
    Options

Lol I’ve seen worse suck it up, rank 17s are put against rank 1s

• Raccoonbrainworm
    Raccoonbrainworm Member Posts: 11
    Options

I'm a rank 17 killer, and the other day I got put into a match of all rank 7 - 9's. I got three hooks total, no kills, but whatcha gonna do?

Of course as soon as we got back to chat, one of the survivors decided to try and tell me all about how awful I am, and how much I suck. It's like c'mon bro, I'm a rank 17 Piggy with Survelience 1 and Sloppy Butcher 2. Whatcha expectin?

• Alonzo
    Alonzo Member Posts: 151
    Options

Happens to everyone. But don't worry. The "new" mm system will just hide the ranks so you won't have to worry about this anymore.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,851
    Options

Seems fair to me. =P

• Chicagopimp2019
    Chicagopimp2019 Member Posts: 458
    Options

Haha...that reminds me of our repair garage at work. People were complaining that the low tire pressure light kept coming on. The garage solved the problem by putting a piece of black electrical tape over the light. No more light, no more problem. Lol

• AsheruSwiftwind
    AsheruSwiftwind Member Posts: 156
    Options

This was a fun one. Honestly had the survivors not been jerks at the end of the game I wouldn't have cared but they were really nasty after the match cause clearly I should be going against 4 rank 1 SWF.

• Gamegain55
    Gamegain55 Member Posts: 25
    edited March 2020
    Options

Devs are actually aware and that’s why they’re making a new matchmaking system without the rank system because they know the ranking is all wazzy, I just hope it works because It’s been going both ways for me because I’ve been facing killers out of my league and newbie killers, And yeah the I play killer so I know how bad it is for them too, I’ve dealt with newbie survivors who I basically try and train by intentionally making mistakes when they make a good play and vet survivors who destroyed me.

I’m just really hoping the new system works well!

• johnmwarner
    johnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793
    Options

The thing is, the new system is all secret. They're going to give you a skill rating, which you won't know and won't know what contributes to being "skillful," and then ranks won't matter so no matter what matchups you get they can say it's working as intended.

• Quake
    Quake Member Posts: 230
    Options

Beat that.Solo surv.

• citron
    citron Member Posts: 78
    edited March 2020
    Options

Matchmaking is broken because most killers have quit playing, so you either wait an hour for one of the few killers left in red rank to come around or they throw you will new killers.... who will also soon quit once they start to face 4 red rank survivors.

either BHV fixes the lopsidedness of this game or this issue won't go away, but seeing how survivor cosmetics are their cashcow i don't see things getting any better.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
    Options

Killers are rare at high ranks because survivors are nearly untouchable at purple/red ranks.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

I jumped on alt account yesterday out of curiosity, which I never touched before. After about 10 games and 3 hours of play time I ranked up to yellow ranks. As soon as I hit rank 16 I was facing every single rank colour from yellow to red. But it should be "fixed" in the next update and it will be working as intended, because they say so.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246
    Options

No worries, rank will no longer be used for match making. This will be handled by our invisible mmr that matches you with opponents of equal skill. So remember kids, you all can not complain anymore. Rank is only there for the achievements! Most importanlty, do not complain.

• kazakun
    kazakun Member Posts: 581
    Options

Everyday post. No hate though. I see one of these multiple times a day. I feel you. I know it sucks :( hang in there.

• BarneyRooster18
    BarneyRooster18 Member Posts: 20
    Options

This is why I stopped playing DBD. I can only hope this gets fixed in the next update.

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791
    edited March 2020
    Options

Equip BBQ. Has a psychological effect if they know you have it and you know where people are. Also bloodpoints. Found my game drastically improved when I started using it again.

Also ranks don't matter. Loopers who know loops do.

• memiieko
    memiieko Member Posts: 187
    Options

"Ah yes, the game has awful matchmaking that badly affects the game and the people playing it, suck it up lol rt"

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,502
    Options

That's the game now, keep in mind the same devs who think this is ok are coding the new matchmaking.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

Oh the devs have said something, only its not good news. They said they are going to hide the ranks so we no longer see how bad were getting sodomized by MM.

• Tactless_Ninja
    Options

Query: A rank one killer and a squad of rank 20 survivors are sitting alone in matchmaking.

Should they be paired together if no one else is playing?

Second Query: The rank one killer is doing a fun build and the rank 20's all have meta perks, comms, and have purposely deranked.

Is it still fair?

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

This is exactly why I bring my try hard stuff every match. Cause I don't know whats going to happen :P

• Tactless_Ninja
    edited March 2020
    Options

True. Always seems like I get the awful games right after shelving my good stuff.

But for an asymmetrical game they can't really be expected to balance matchmaking around numbers alone. I think the game is balanced when everything is thrown in a tumbler.

I get killed by a sweaty killer one match, then get a breezy escape the next, instead on one long oppressive streak of sweaty killers till I derank enough. And vice versa for killers. You need potatoes sometimes to remember why you love playing.

• johnmwarner
    Options

It’s funny you say this, I had a team of red rank killers accuse me of smurfing on an alt account because I got 3k and hatch against them. In truth I used to be near red ranks but I have played a lot more survivor because of morning queue times, with the bugged rank reset last time I went from like rank 6 to 13 and haven’t moved up much because I have played silly builds and let people have hatch, even farmed when we had multiple BPS from me and survivors.

TLDR I was accused of depipping to rank 13 by a team of red rank survivors who should be against a rank 1 killer anyways

• johnmwarner
    Options

Yep, you’ll get these same games now only they’ll be able to claim that the match was correct based on their secret, hidden formula for MMR and “skill.”

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,003
    Options