Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Gen and pallet breaks

Why is breaking a pallet a button press and a gen kick is a hold ?

Comments

• M4ST3RM1ND
    M4ST3RM1ND Member Posts: 33

Would be interesing if pallet was like gens, imagine holding the break animation for half a second, and partially destroy the pallet.

• Clockso
    Clockso Member Posts: 853

i think it's so that you can't fake it, pretend to kick a pallet, then cancel it and out position the survivor and if the survivor really wants to make sure they're breaking the pallet then they will be losing precious distance

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

Mindgames with gens as cancelling the break allows you to instead chase that survivor who may be hiding to jump back on it or go after another you see. It just gives you choices.

Pallets are different as a lot can lengthen a loop and allow more time to be wasted from it. If the same could be done for pallets in most cases it would be detrimental as you are just leaving the loop intact so they jusy get more uses out of it and most competent survivors will stay on the other side out of hit range to waste your time. So at Unsafe loops which are mindgamable this would give them more time to leave the loop area and at safe loops its not worth it.

• ccactus623
    ccactus623 Member Posts: 214

I dont think I've ever half kicked a gen extra mind games at pallets could be interesting though

• Jacoby2041
    Jacoby2041 Member Posts: 843

So you can repeatedly kick a gen for 5 minutes and confuse the hell out of the survivors