The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

PS4 down AGAIN

lyric
lyric Member Posts: 611
I can’t believe its happening again I wanted to enjoy the game on a off day and here I am at the loading screen, I know people say “play another game” but I paid for THIS game to have the option to play it if I choose and with thousands of hours and the money I’ve spent I feel duped, the devs need to create a way to transfer my data to pc so I can quit wasting my time on this garbage , there shouldn’t even be a PS4 version because nothing works and everything is centuries behind when it’s released.

Comments

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,886

Yeah its really beyond the joke at this stage.

• Stevo
    Stevo Member Posts: 121
    edited August 2018
    Me and my friend are also having this same issue. I got into the game again, but I can't actually do anything. Can't load SWF or KYF, can't join a lobby as either killer or solo survivor either.

Pretty sure this is the third, fourth or maybe even fifth day lately that the servers have had issues. They evidently weren't ready for the PS Plus influx of players.

Edit: Just got Error Code: 107 "Save Game could not be read"
  • Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208

I remember when Killing Floor 2 went on PS Plus it was like this. Well maybe not quite as bad....

• lyric
    Rex_Huin said:

I remember when Killing Floor 2 went on PS Plus it was like this. Well maybe not quite as bad....

Killing floor just lagged when it was free it never had issues like this
  • chefdave12118
    chefdave12118 Member Posts: 193
    Here's the two screens I'm getting. This really is BS! Why make this game free during the event when hardcore players are playing, casual players get on for the cosmetics and then the free to plays playing as well? I don't know if this is the problem (I'm a dopey chef), but seems logical to me. I really like this game and the devs very much, but as a dopey chef I foresaw this being an issue .
  • SATXRI
    SATXRI Member Posts: 13
    I can’t even get past the title screen, it keeps loading forever -.-
  • lyric
    tohanlon said:

Checking on the price for Friday the 13th. Maybe I’ll find a game that’s actually playable.

I’ve got Friday and I honestly don’t think it’s worth it, like every single match have survivors working with Jason showing him where you are or trying to pretend they have the car to pick you up so Jason can pull you out of it , or running you over with the car etc... it’s basically like if swf groups on here got to rotate on being killer and anyone not in their party is screwed
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Release an already unstable game as f2p, it wont increase stability :wink:

• HellSpawn42
    HellSpawn42 Member Posts: 6
    Maybe we should all contact Sony. See if they can make it up to plus members that got a completely broken game. It became free a week ago and has been nothing but trouble since. I bought this game long ago and sure it had its issues but it seems to be getting a lot worse.
  • chefdave12118
    I get behaviour only has a team of roughly 75 people, but I'm pretty sure every single one of them have Twitter installed on their phones . Can we get anything please? Anything! This is so freaking silly at this point and my dumb ass keeps coming back for more. I must be insane, doing the same thing over a d over again expecting a different result. I'm streaming f13 if anyone curious about that game wants to see some game play .
  • Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696

Its been a sad week for Dead by Daylight on Playstation.

The connection issues usually happen during the day (10am to 10pm est).

I haven't had any problems playing after 10pm est.

• lyric
    I get behaviour only has a team of roughly 75 people, but I'm pretty sure every single one of them have Twitter installed on their phones . Can we get anything please? Anything! This is so freaking silly at this point and my dumb ass keeps coming back for more. I must be insane, doing the same thing over a d over again expecting a different result. I'm streaming f13 if anyone curious about that game wants to see some game play .
    Nobody wants to respond because they know what PS4 players have went through the past two months with this game and the excuses have ran out , I’m not gonna play something else and shut up like they want me to  because I shouldn’t have to, when you buy a game you at least deserve the damn thing to work
  • jwentzel987
    jwentzel987 Member Posts: 150
    Tizzle said:

same. I'm good around 10pm to the wee hours of the morning
  • Orti
    Orti Member Posts: 198
    It’s time for dedicated servers. Already two years with that stupid system. 
  • Geondp
    Geondp Member Posts: 35
    edited August 2018

@jwentzel987 said:
    Tizzle said:

It has been a ######### show on console since the last killer.. New content next month will be just as bad.

• jwentzel987
    jwentzel987 Member Posts: 150
    Geondp said:

@jwentzel987 said:
    Tizzle said:

It has been a ######### show on console sense the last killer.. New content next month will be just as bad.

Yeah, I'm honestly not worried about new content because broke but I do worry it will effect the game constantly. I thoroughly enjoy this game and would love to keep playing. Fortunately for me my schedule allows me to play when the servers seem to "work" but I do wish I could play in the middle of the day lol
  • DestinyWolf95
    DestinyWolf95 Member Posts: 9
    Master said:

Release an already unstable game as f2p, it wont increase stability :wink:

It wasn't originally unstable, sweetheart. Don't talk as if you know
  • DestinyWolf95
    I don't think you guys get it. These people are trying to get this game up and running and you're just trashing them. If you don't like the game, just go away. But this is a great game and the only reason they even have downtime is because they tripled their playerbase. Heaven forbid they have trouble on and off for a few hours. Can you seriously not wait? If you can't, just go away. The community doesn't need you.
    Are you smoking crack? 
    I've been playing for months and I personally like this game. I don't need to smoke crack to enjoy quality games. 
  • Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696

@DestinyWolf95 said:
    I don't think you guys get it. These people are trying to get this game up and running and you're just trashing them. If you don't like the game, just go away. But this is a great game and the only reason they even have downtime is because they tripled their playerbase. Heaven forbid they have trouble on and off for a few hours. Can you seriously not wait? If you can't, just go away. The community doesn't need you.

Who woulda thought the player base would increase when the game became free and is advertised everywhere???? -P

• DestinyWolf95
    Tizzle said:

@DestinyWolf95 said:

Who woulda thought the player base would increase when the game became free and is advertised everywhere???? -P

I never said it wouldn't increase. I'm saying it increased more than they thought it would. Can't people be happy for that? No, instead they have to be impatient.
  • lyric
    Are you smoking crack? 
    I've been playing for months and I personally like this game. I don't need to smoke crack to enjoy quality games. 
    Well I’ve played this game for two years and it’s my favorite game, I paid money for it so I deserve the option to play it on my off time and I could give a rats ass if you want to hear it or not YOU go away if you don’t like the thread simple as that, nobody is forcing you to be in this thread if you’re that upset. All of us players who have bought every dlc and supported this game  deserve to be upset when it’s had as many problems as it has in the past month, I don’t have to play the game nobody is forcing me but if I want to that should be an option ON MY TIME when I’ve purchased it just like every other game out there, you haven’t even played the game long enough to know what you’re talking about which cues why he asked if you were smoking crack, lay down the pipe
  • DestinyWolf95
    lyric said:
    Are you smoking crack? 
    Well I’ve played this game for two years and it’s my favorite game, I paid money for it so I deserve the option to play it on my off time and I could give a rats ass if you want to hear it or not YOU go away if you don’t like the thread simple as that, nobody is forcing you to be in this thread if you’re that upset. All of us players who have bought every dlc and supported this game  deserve to be upset when it’s had as many problems as it has in the past month, I don’t have to play the game nobody is forcing me but if I want to that should be an option ON MY TIME when I’ve purchased it just like every other game out there, you haven’t even played the game long enough to know what you’re talking about which cues why he asked if you were smoking crack, lay down the pipe
    I paid for the game too???????
  • lyric
    lyric said:
    Are you smoking crack? 
    Yes I understand, you should be upset too but telling people who have played the game years longer than you to go away is ridiculous, I work a lot and I like to play this when not working , I can’t stay up all night waiting for it to work so people like me are upset when it’s had this many issues in two months , I simply want to be able to enjoy the game I paid for nothing more, I’m gonna switch to pc because they actually care about that platform , if you had played this game longer and experienced all the problems the other people have you would know why they’re upset is my point , sorry about the rant and being rude but I just feel like it’s unacceptable 
  • NapalmRh1no69
    NapalmRh1no69 Member Posts: 1
    This is so wrong
  • Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

Yeah, I wanted to play earlier today for a bit too... I also paid for my game.

It is down because of all the free people?

That's fine. They'll get it working again soon.

Don't act so entitled. Play another game.

;)

• DestinyWolf95
    lyric said:
    lyric said:
    Are you smoking crack? 
    Yes I understand, you should be upset too but telling people who have played the game years longer than you to go away is ridiculous, I work a lot and I like to play this when not working , I can’t stay up all night waiting for it to work so people like me are upset when it’s had this many issues in two months , I simply want to be able to enjoy the game I paid for nothing more, I’m gonna switch to pc because they actually care about that platform , if you had played this game longer and experienced all the problems the other people have you would know why they’re upset is my point , sorry about the rant and being rude but I just feel like it’s unacceptable 
    I wasn't necessarily telling you to go away. I meant all the new people that act like the game always had issues when they don't even know how to play. They're literally making the community toxic. Yes, I understand your frustration and I'm also frustrated but it's not like this is a constant problem. Sure it's a little worse lately but that's because they're trying to expand their game. Sorry I just feel like these new players that hate on the game just need to go away
  • DestinyWolf95

;)

Thank you! That's what I'm saying. It's just because there's an overflow of new players and they didn't expect so many.
  • chefdave12118
    I'm a chef . When the holidays come it's no surprise to me that I'm going to get ham slammed with catering orders and bum rushed with customers. Sure ######### happens and I have to run around putting fires out, people call in sick, unexpeccted things happen, but I don't just stop serving food to people that have already payed for their food . I've PAID for my catering order BEHAVIOUR and it's my day off from the hot as hell kitchen. 
  • Rex_Huin

Given up on ps4 for tonight. I only hope they extend the event.

• lyric

;)

Entitled? So I’m entitled because I want to enjoy my favorite game on my day off?  No , that’s hogwash  I would understand telling me to play another game if I was complaining about bugs or toxicity but you’re basically telling me im entitled for expecting a game that I’ve spent over $100 total on to work when it should anyway, new players? Cool I’m ok with that but literally nobody can play right now so how is it all the “new players “? Everyone new to this game that I know dropped it because they read all the problems going on for the past couple months, they’re actually driving new players away by having an unstable platform that always crashes 
  • tohanlon
    tohanlon Member Posts: 6
    edited August 2018

In the past week (7day wk), there have been 2 days of playable up time. The rest were downed servers. So I don’t know what that guy means when he says “stop whining” about it being down for a couple hours.. not hours, try down more days than up. Felt like my money was thrown away. If I wanted to donate money, it would have been to the animal shelter or the homeless. Wanting what was paid for is not being entitled.

• chefdave12118
    lyric said:

;)

Entitled? So I’m entitled because I want to enjoy my favorite game on my day off?  No , that’s hogwash  I would understand telling me to play another game if I was complaining about bugs or toxicity but you’re basically telling me im entitled for expecting a game that I’ve spent over $100 total on to work when it should anyway, new players? Cool I’m ok with that but literally nobody can play right now so how is it all the “new players “? Everyone new to this game that I know dropped it because they read all the problems going on for the past couple months, they’re actually driving new players away by having an unstable platform that always crashes 
    This +1000000000. 
  • chefdave12118
    tohanlon said:

In the past week (7day wk), there have been 2 days of playable up time. The rest were downed servers. So I don’t know what that guy means when he says “stop whining” about it being down for a couple hours.. not hours, try down more days than up. Felt like my money was thrown away. If I wanted to donate money, it would have been to the animal shelter or the homeless.

Exactly . They took my money . I want my service. I'm normally the most chill guy in the world, but this is effing ridiculous, unacceptable and I can't use something I've easily spent $150 on. Week after week since curtain call it's been a train wreck . Can they stop the free month thing? Can anything be done? 
  • chefdave12118
    Working for me now 
  • Stevo
    Stevo Member Posts: 121
    The game has just started working for me seemingly. I'm able to access SWF and I'm now in a lobby. Is the issue fixed (is anyone else able to access it basically) or am I just lucky?
  • RuneStarr
    RuneStarr Member Posts: 850
    I'm getting a TON of players reporting its up in my group. Seems fixed (for now). ^_^
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@chefdave12118 said:

Only? There are studios with significantly less devs who deliver more balanced games with regular patches where you cannot simply grief other players.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    I think people can hardly be blamed for being upset that the product the purchased isn't working. Yes, issues will arise and most people will be understanding of that. But at a certain point peoples understanding will wane. I've had the game for a while now and it seems I keep running into issues not allowing me to play it. Given that my experience can hardly be unique is it any wonder players are frustrated? 
  • chefdave12118
    edited August 2018
    I morried 16 people in a row last night over my anger with behaviour and PS4 being down lol. True story . More to come after work tonight. I have over 20 ebonies .haha
  • Rex_Huin

The wife is out tonight. Please be working later!

• Mr_Jay_Stark
    Mr_Jay_Stark Member Posts: 539
    I morried 16 people in a row last night over my anger with behaviour and PS4 being down lol. True story . More to come after work tonight. I have over 20 ebonies .haha
    Note to self: dodge chefdave12118 
  • DestinyWolf95
    lyric said:
    Are you smoking crack? 
  • SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited August 2018

I take it the PS4 servers are back up now? The notice at the top of the forums that mentioned the connection issues is gone.

• chefdave12118
    Yeah. Everything is hunky dorry in PS4 land again .