We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

In-game voice chat

Yo guys, I've been playing Friday 13th a bit recently and I've noticed how fun it is to talk to players through the in-game voice proximity feature. I was wondering how effective this could be on DBD as the killer would be able to hear survivors discussing whatever it is they're doing which could be a little bonus for the Stealth killers, or if they want to hurl insults at eachother for the fun of it. I think it would also be helpful for players who like to Solo Que as it makes it possible to communicate with your team without any 3rd party apps. I want to know what everyone thinks of this if it were to be a feature on DBD. Personally I would want this but there's probably some things I have overlooked which could make this a bad idea.

Comments

• andyollolloll
    andyollolloll Member Posts: 940

Most people cheat with 3rd party comms anyway, if BHVR added this it would take time and effort but also admit how broken their game is.

• Danu
    Danu Member Posts: 281

If it's only very close proximity chat then I don't think it'd be bad to be honest, I'd really enjoy it and if survivors get mad at eachother or are annoying you can always mute. Think it'd be fun if it included killer as well to balance it out a little

• Orionbash
    Orionbash Member Posts: 765

Close proximity voice chat would work as long as the killer doesn't hear what the survivors are saying as it would be used to abuse the killer. But the killer should be notified when a survivor is making noise. It would allow survivors to communicate with each other in solo queue, and would also, at least in my view, cut down on private party chats. It would also give the killer another means of finding survivors. It could also be based on how much sound the survivor is making. For example, without stridor, whispering between survivors could only be heard within a very close proximity. But full on talking could be heard at at least 8 metres away. Yelling would be heard anywhere within the killer's terror radius.

• Frankie
    Frankie Member Posts: 807

DBD is the last game that needs built in voip.