Blendettes are a running joke in KR

MTK
MTK Member Posts: 77
edited March 2020 in General Discussions

I've experienced playing in multiple regions, namely NA and Korea. Aside from some meta differences(for example nurse's calling considered high tier for killers in NA while it's almost never used in Korea and bamboozle is much more favored over there for m1 killers). One interesting difference within the community is that blendette players, especially with urban evasion, are viewed with a lot of contempt over there. It's kinda like the whole baby dwight meme in NA but with a different character. I've even seen steam names of survivors like "if you run urban I dc" because not only killers dislike dealing with immersion players(who tend to be claudettes) but survivors as well.

Basically the idea behind it is players who climb the ladder running blendette get boosted by virtue of staying unseen instead of actually developing looping skills or game awareness. So when they do get found, they often end up going down super fast. And the lack of game awareness means that when they are supposed to be unhooking/doing gens, they are instead crouch moving around bushes all game. I know for myself that I've had to watch a claudette crouch hide behind cover when an obsession was being chased and you could see that in the UI.

Anyway, that was a bit of an interesting community difference that I wanted to post because I do agree that people who reach rank 1 maining blendette(or I guess more specifically, urban evasion) don't really put up as much of a good chase as someone who got there otherwise.

Comments

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Blendettes are universally despised. I don't know a single person who likes them, nor have I seen a player who mains the P3 Claudette skin that's actually any good. As soon as you see them you just know they're that kind of player. At least baby Dwights are hilariously entertaining to watch in action.

• ddubuckyee_user
    ddubuckyee_user Member Posts: 178

-clu-