Was it fun?

Options

So I'm relatively new to the game and I play killer. And I was watching old dbd vids and I noticed their was a offering for the spirit that removed the emission sound. So I was wondering for those who played during the time, was it more of a annoyance or enjoyable?

Comments

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

For survivors, or for the killer? I never played Spirit back then, but I imagine it was a lot of fun for the killer because it made it easy to catch survivors unawares. Most survivors, on the other hand, hated it with a passion because it made her much harder to counter, opportunities for which were pretty thin on the ground to begin with.

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,661
    Options

What Fibijean said. As killer it was pretty fun because you could switch targets or get grabs really easily without much worry.

As Survivor it was rather annoying because unless you're on comms with the entire team or running Spine Chill, she could potentially grab you at any time you were on a gen. There was very little counterplay to it and after the first few times you get jumped scared it just became annoying.

• MrPeterPFL
    MrPeterPFL Member Posts: 636
    Options

Dude, for Killers it was fun, back in the day you would run Monitor&Abuse to reduce the Terror Radius, Silent Phase to a Gen, feel the collision, Gen Grab, Hook Survivor, Rinse and Repeat.

As for Survivor not fun at all, no matter how much you observe the area whilst doing a Gen, she’ll pop out of nowhere giving almost no time to react. You’ll either get hit or grabbed (Mostly grabbed). For the rest of the game you’ll have to Gen tap.

• Kwikwitted
    Kwikwitted Member Posts: 641
    Options

Was it fun? Meh, kinda?

Was it effective? Good lord yes.

Though now with how wonky dedicated servers are I have no idea if it would work as well since gen grabs are almost impossible now.

• VIle
    VIle Member Posts: 167
    Options

I rather enjoyed the jump scares. They are so hard come by these days :\

• BlindMole
    BlindMole Member Posts: 649
    Options

It was actually pretty fun on both ends.

As killer because you could get some grabs

As a survivor you really felt the tension, and the stress to get these damn gens done ASAP! When you're on a chase you don't have the phasing sound anyway, so it added something really cool to the game.

But as always.... Survivors complained and dc'ed, and the devs changed the add on.

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632
    Options

I remember a time when playing Killer was fun, those were good times.

• Turretcube
    Turretcube Member Posts: 445
    Options

That add-on made me run Spine Chill much more often, was fun to go against and use as it really brought about the tension and showed the skill of other players, great games and was better than some of the other iridescent add-ons. Had its annoying moments but wasn't done to death like some other killer add-on's/combo's.

The new version of it is actually funner and trickier, since it's a global sound now and really makes you debate where you should go. A lot of walk-in's to spirits coming out of phase.

• Tydie
    Tydie Member Posts: 126
    Options

wow you must be brand new. this only happened like 3 months ago. it wasnt fun for survivors but it was fun for killer. op af tbh