Doctor’s racing to take Freddys crown for most unfun to play against

Mo4ntus
Mo4ntus Member Posts: 416
edited March 2020 in General Discussions

With all the buffs recently I see a lot of doctors and I’m really starting to get annoyed with him. I feel like the only counter play is trying to preflip pallets or dodging shocks which is getting hard because he has crazy range add ons now. Overall I kinda just don’t have fun playing against doctors anymore

I wasn’t clear when I made this post just because I find him annoying doesn’t mean he needs a change I’m just stating my general distaste for playing against him as I said before his counter play falls into doing 1 of 2 actions also I didn’t say this but as many people pointed out playing against him is basically ear #########

Post edited by Mo4ntus on

Comments

• Andy111777
    Andy111777 Member Posts: 62

Doubt it, whatever build you use on Freddy will be hated. Testing a build on him with nemesis, enduring, dead man's switch and thrilling tremors. Apparent my perks are anti gen and toxic so yea doc might be close but Freddy is still king

• avilmask
    avilmask Member Posts: 599

Actually, can be looped, but it's actually hard. You have to dodge shocks and pre-drop pallets.

• Frankie
    Frankie Member Posts: 807

As I said, can't be looped the *same way* as other killers.

• AnnoyedAtTheGame
    AnnoyedAtTheGame Member Posts: 539

His range on his powers is way too far. It shouldn't be able to go as far as it does.

His blast needs limiting to only hitting one person at a time only or reducing the distance his blast hits.

I don't like going up against the doctor either

• Freudentrauma
    Freudentrauma Member Posts: 1,053

He is stronger, but not unfun in the sense of game mechanics. Sound design on the other hand though ... uff . He is still the only killer who forces me to turn down the volume.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

There's no need to make him unviable again. The range was buffed for a reason, because his base range before the rework was just too small. And making his blast only hit one survivor would be really, really bad.

• elvangulley
    elvangulley Member Posts: 569

I love the doc his tracking is great and and his anti loop vault shock comes in handy plus hes such a jolly fellow wvery time you see him hes smiling and laughing whats not to like

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070

Suprise, the two killers that require brainpower to loop are considered "unfun" to play against

• LifeQuestions
    LifeQuestions Member Posts: 26

I'd say just start running Calm Spirit but in my experience that just ended with me getting lots of facecamping docs..

• Frankie
    Frankie Member Posts: 807

OOF, you can tell a person doesn't play killer when they make ludicrous suggestions like this.

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

I think doctor is fine myself, Freddy is crap though

• MPUK
    MPUK Member Posts: 357

Static blast only hitting one person would be stupid. How would it work if he did it just after someone got unhooked? Does it shock the unhooked or the unhooker? That could just lead to the person getting tunnelled off the hook. At least when everyone gets shocked he has to make a decision of which he wants to go for.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

So is this another case of effective = unfun?

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

Why are you trying to throw down pallets if they are so far away that their range add-ons make a difference?

• ad19970

I really hope nobody actually face camped you for running Calm spirit. That would be so ridiculous.

• ad19970

It's just insane by what some people get triggered. Bad enough that people get triggered when anyone runs any perk at all, because everyone is allowed to use any perk that is available to them, but Calm Spirit isn't even really good against any other killer than Doc, and even against Doc you could argue that there are perks still better than Calm Spirit.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

IMHO Doc has been wearing this crown for years. Before Freddy rework even.

The devs literally did not actually fix a single thing that made him unfun to play against. In fact they just made it all worse. He was a chore to play against before, now he is a full blown aneurysm.

On top of that they buffed him like crazy this last update. All buffs, BTW, that made him EVEN LESS fun to play against.

• LifeQuestions
    LifeQuestions Member Posts: 26

It's stupid that people have this type of mindset, but it's true. Most players think this way about meta perks, but when it's something as small as Calm Spirit I- How am I supposed to be prepared to get tunneled/camped for using a perk that nobody but a specific killer gets sort of hindered by.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620

Personally he is better now that he has a rework. The only thing that I might change is... Iridiscent Queen. If someone is hooked, and you try to unhook them then you receive the shock after the person is unhooked, in that way you can still go for the save and not need to snap out of it while a person is dying on hook. Perhaps I would change the range add-ons as well, I would like that them increase the width but not like before the rework, just a little bit.

Also, the add-on that makes you hear the TR when you're in madness tier III. If a doctor hook you, it's annoying to hear the TR non-stop I'ld rather not hearing any sounds at all.

• Jasonisanicefella
    Jasonisanicefella Member Posts: 377

Yes Doctor needs a complete rework, he is the most annoying killer, he needs either a rework or severe nerfs

• Owlzey
    Owlzey Member Posts: 442

I enjoy going against both -shrug-

• Stitch7833
    Stitch7833 Member Posts: 632

I shall now quote the survivors favorite comment when you mention anything about keys, swf, god loops etc. "get good" "GG EZ" but seriously i think he`s okay, i personally dont struggle against him and its nice to see him get played again, its a shame other killers arent getting love so you can verse them more often. only time i struggle against a killer is due to my team who shouldnt be red rank but pipping is too easy so they struggle

• Steve0333
    Steve0333 Member Posts: 529

Why do people think Freddy is unfun to play against? Unlike doctor there is nothing about him that i find super annoying. The only thing slighly annoying is a lot of people like to use the gen slow down build with freddy ( swing chains, thano, dying light, pop..) but base Freddy is fine. Doctor is all kinds of annoying mo matter what with the snap out of it mechanic and the crazy skill checks and the constant screaming (way more screaming then with freddy) all of it combined is just absolutely annoying. And I'm not saying he is annoying because he is strong, he's just annoying.

• Aura_babyy
    Aura_babyy Member Posts: 583

I mean.

If you're seeing a lot of doctor recently.

I hear calm spirit does quite well against him

• Joelwino
    Joelwino Member Posts: 550

I know that Doc has to time his shocks correctly, but what part of playing Freddy requires skill? Placing your massive snares at a loop and forcing the survivors to drop the pallet immediately? Holding the gen teleport button and letting go before it activates to make the survivors run away? Making the survivors run around the map or alert you to their presence to wake up even though you don't take any part in putting them to sleep? Teleporting back to the same generator and hitting it with pop over and over? Please, enlighten me.

• Mo4ntus

Freddy doesn’t require brain power to loop he can just spam traps and you’re stuck

• Mo4ntus

I disagree just because I think he’s annoying doesn’t mean he needs a change

• Mo4ntus
  • Mo4ntus

Definitely not i love to play against a spirit or nurse the two most effective killers

• PBsamichShoe
    PBsamichShoe Member Posts: 314

I play mostly as Freddy and I've played as the doc. It's not really a challenge with the doctor, the range on the elctro shock needs to be toned down quite a bit.

I've been playing survivor too and I notice more and more low ranks using the doctor. I just witnessed a match against him where the doc was face camping the first hooked person and everyone DC'd on him. It kinda made my day. So far I've seen three matches against him today where he just facecamped. Pretty lame imo

I think the only thing with Freddy is his hitboxes are a little over the top. I feel bad for survivors when I hit them from like a mile away while they're vaulting a window. I didn't realize Freddy's teleport worked that way. I thought the animation the survivors see where the gen turns to blood and stuff doesn't happen until after the power is fully engaged or whatever. I never even thought of trying to do that.

• aregularplayer
    aregularplayer Member Posts: 906

did legion retire? this crown is theirs

• ad19970
    edited March 2020

The range on the Doctor's shock therapy was increased for a reason, it was just too little before the rework. I don't think decreasing the range of the Doctor's shock therapy is a good idea. If it's too small, it becomes useless and whenever you are in range to shock a survivor, you could then just not charge it up and instead just hit the survivor directly.

I think Doc is completely fine the way he is now. Not op, but good enough to actually be viable.

• Mo4ntus

Nah legion is fine if you don’t get one that thinks that they should constantly be in feral Frenzy

• Godot
    Godot Member Posts: 806

I'm quite the opposite, actually.

I see LESS Doctors now.

Only Doctor I saw today was myself.

And I was literally tbagged on the entire game.

Guess it shows that I'm not a Killer main.

• PBsamichShoe
    PBsamichShoe Member Posts: 314

You're entitled to your opinion, I just prefer a challenge.

• ad19970

Meh, he's definitely not the hardest killer to play, but he still takes some skill, especially when trying to master him against good survivors.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

Then you are wasting a very safe pallet.

You are every Survivor team's dream.

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117

Doctor still has counter play. Although it isn't obvious, it's still there. He definitely is nowhere near as boring as Freddy.

• Mo4ntus

Why do you think I’m just throwing down pallets I said that doctor has two counters dodge or preflip pallets

• Wylesong
    Wylesong Member Posts: 642

I am soooooo tired of seeing Doctor and even more playing against them. I see the latest patch and now madness does not wear off or count down. It will just stay until you get pushed to level 2 then 3. I mean he was already strong enough without that. I know it was small but I sometimes got out of his terror radius to let my madness level go down some. At this point I don't care and just let whatever happens happen. It is to the point the moment I hear the roll of the thunder or hear survivors screaming I just get that feeling like okay let him hook me and get onto the next game. I know that is just being childish but on certain maps he is just almost unstoppable in the right hands.

He can not only constantly raise your madness level without any chance of it going down but then he can see his hallucinations as well with addons. He almost always has constant vision on survivors if played right. He can keep the close ones screaming and the far ones locations by looking for his own hallucinations.

It is sad he keeps getting more and more updates that he really does not need because he is pretty good if not top of the list killer already but other killers are left in the dust. Legion is underplayed and I haven't seen a huntress in a long time either. I hardly even seen the new killer or nurse and even the once OP Oni is dead. Instead let's pump up an already pretty steady and strong killer.

I am not saying nerfs are needed but he certainly does not need anymore power upgrades.

• Murdle
    Murdle Member Posts: 119

With these things, it's usually a matter of opinion whether something is "unfun" or not but given my experience in meeting new people on DBD..

When we play a marathon all day, everytime we play against a doctor we ALL immediately have this "Ohh wow.. Yet 'nother doctor, guess this match won't be fun" kinda reaction.

I would meet someone new after inviting them to a party and when we play against the doctor.. They have the same things to say.

"doctor is so boring to play against"

"this killer needs a huge nerf, like he isn't fun at all to play against"

"he can just spam that ability it's so toxic"

"least favorite killer to face"

"his abilities are so annoying"

"I ######### hate playing the doctor dude"

All said by different people I've met including myself multiple times.

I hate playing against this killer so much to the point I actually DC the second I hear his terror radius, see him or his aura.. Basically as soon as I find out its the doctor, I'm out of the game and into the next.

The way I see it is I'm not gonna play against a killer I (also no one else at all) don't have fun playing against.

His abilities that reveal your location seem to cover almost the entire map or at least a huge majority chunk of it, he effects skill checks in an annoying way, he prevents you from EVER using pallets or vaulting windows while having little to no drawbacks to himself at all, he COMPLETELY removes your ability to do ANYTHING AT All by forcing you to first.. "snap out of it", not to mention his ugly character model and annoying laughing voice sounding like Elmo.

All of this summed up honestly makes him unfun.. I can confidently say that's a matter of fact.. Not opinion.

Every other killer requires effort to play and effects some part of the game.. Not all of it.

Take the nurse for example (a killer that's actually balanced) .. I can blink past that pallet or window you just dropped or vaulted but I stun myself everytime I blink and I don't reveal your location or prevent you from doing anything in the game that you should be able to because there's a thing called counterplay that needs to always be an option in the game.

Thats a thing the doctor players aren't used to and can't deal with.. Survivors counterplaying.

• oh_0k
    oh_0k Member Posts: 712

Don't get how people have a hard time against freddy just wake up to avoid his snares and decrease his teleport cool-down