What licensed cosmetics do you want to see?

Options
Seiko300
Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
edited April 2020 in Polls

Licensed characters sport plenty of cool looks that we haven't seen yet in Dead By Daylight, but that doesn't mean they'll never happen. What do you want to see next?

On a personal level, I was extremely hyped when rumor was going around that Ghostface would see a new cosmetic and I had high hopes it would be Scarecrow Ghostface which I think would be super creepy to see stalking around one of the Coldwind maps, or even the Grave of Glenvale. Though it turned out to be the Viper Mask and Crimson robes, (Still cool but not what I was looking for) I still hold out hope that we'll see Scarecrow Ghostface in the future.

Although I will say that the Red Leather Jacket that Ash is shown wearing throughout the Evil Dead show is absolutely dope, so it'd have to be up there on top choices for me.

EDIT:

Unfortunately the cap is 10 options and there are 11 licensed characters (if you squish Steve and Nancy as one) so I had to sacrifice one :( . If you were hoping to see Bill Overbeck in the poll options just comment your support instead

EDIT 2:

Of course keep in mind this question extends beyond the suggestions and images that I myself provide. The real question is which licensed characters do you want to see supported by more cosmetics and if you have any ideas of your own, please mention them below.

(For example I had a tough time figuring out alternate outfits for the Demogorgon and The Pig, this is because for the most part their cosmetics which have been released so far came out of the minds at BHVR, rather than only how they've appeared in the source material or other pop culture material like artwork, collectables, and halloween related products. The Demogorgon especially because Stranger Things is still relatively new and only has 2 seasons so far with a third on the way)

Here are a few images for the ideas:

Ghostface -

Freddy Krueger - (These are images taken from actual movie scenes, so they are canon)

Leatherface -

Michael Myers -

The Pig - (best image I could find was a figurine lol)

Ash Williams -

Steve / Nancy - (The last two outfits are not listed in the poll options, but I found the images and thought they made cool ideas)

Quentin Smith -

Detective Tapp -

BONUS / Honorable mention - Bill Overbeck:

What licensed cosmetics do you want to see? 83 votes

Ghostface (Scarecrow Ghostface, Skele-Face, Fluorescent mask, Derpface(?)
8%
Seiko300MiriamGshadow3989FilledPizzaanimalmakKamikazeleecasonius 7 votes
Freddy Krueger (Alternate Gloves, Trench Coat Freddy, Robert Englund likeness,
21%
FoggyDownpourGibberishRattmanmusstang62Raven014FogfactorGOODBOYMODZZEnderloganYTAzgarthusmagicmaster2020Awkward_FiendOwlzey4chinsCephalon_LebronDiavolo64Panda_7profrogTheEntityNea 18 votes
Leatherface (Pretty Woman w/ Sunday Suit, Black dress, Texas Chainsaw 3D LF)
15%
AdelooCheersSpacingLlamasMementoMori_MassacresensualsatanATJude08pichumudkipinferjus[Deleted User]Elenanoname11223345Doug_FCaptainRaider 13 votes
Michael Myers (Aged mask, Decaying mask, different jumpsuit)
14%
SnakeSound222kodiakyPlanetJuke420StrancolWalker_of_the_fog_96raadsaraMattie_MayhemOGPainaKattAkrozLuciferr_2ndKrevetkaYeetusDeeletus 12 votes
The Demogorgon (???)
2%
KristenEBy 2 votes
The Pig (Acolyte outfit (black robes with Red fringes w/ hood up / down options)
7%
FatelanceKeezoSapoSapoFKreuger1Death_Syko21Chan_002 6 votes
Ash Williams (Red Leather Jacket, Blue coat, Asylum outfit)
3%
EsskayDetailedDetrimentCountInzwilt 3 votes
Steve Harrington / Nancy Wheeler (Halloween party outfits)
18%
YaNesteaRevzi100TaigaGreenPufferFishBloodyHatchetKingFrostasparagusEcho0203sourglobeTypicalNancyChampagneDanZBR123oh_salutationsSpookyOrchidsvanillawithlavender 15 votes
Quentin Smith (Hoodie, speedo(?)
8%
BraveClemFog_KingTheRockstarKnightHertsuFINFichteHiroMelodys_Rhythmletathe 7 votes
Detective Tapp (Sweater [Saw video game])
0%
Post edited by Seiko300 on

Comments

• FichteHiro
    FichteHiro Member Posts: 711
    Options

Quentin and Freddy need some cosmetics, all other licensed characters received some already.

• Seiko300
    Options

This is true, but I wanted to balance out what I think we all want (characters who don't have cosmetics see some, AKA Nightmare On Elm Street Chapter, Leatherface Paragraph) with more realistic expectations. Characters who have received cosmetics are owned by license holders who clearly want to work with Dead By Daylight and we just have no idea what the other license holders are doing otherwise. It's reasonable to assume we would see more cosmetics for characters that have already received some whereas we have no idea about the future of the licenses who have been in DBD for years yet have not seen cosmetics.

But that doesn't detract that it would be super cool to see Freddy and Quentin get cosmetics yeah

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632
    Options
    Ash Williams (Red Leather Jacket, Blue coat, Asylum outfit)

Ash, LF, Freddy, Quentin, and Bill are the only characters that need cosmetics.

Ash - Ash mains rise! Ash is one of the few characters that not only needs more cosmetics, but doesn't have any legal restrictions either. Of course BHVR would need to chat with the respective owners, but Ash could easily get another 5 cosmetics without an issue (aside from Classic Ash who is owned separately from modern Ash).

LF - Sorry campers, but you won't be happy ever.

Freddy and Quentin - There are currently legal battles going on that prevent any more Nightmare On Elm Street content from being added to the game.

Bill - Since Bill just got a Christmas sweater, it wouldn't surprise me if Valve agreed on more cosmetic options for him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Ghostface - Many of Ghostface's cosmetics are extremely bland reskins of the classic cloak and mask. You'll be paying the full $11 price for the same cloak made of a different material and a mask with a mouth twisted in a different way. (The weapons also suck).

All of the other licensed characters are fine on cosmetics. The Stranger Things cast will continue to get more outfits because BHVR and Netflix make huge profit, and everyone else is completely fine.

• Seiko300
    Options

I don't know about you, but there are a lot of people out there who very much enjoy the alternate Ghostface cosmetics. Considering we're talking about virtual goods here, (of which everything is priced the same, none of the licensed cosmetics are cheap) something like material isn't something I'm very critical on, at the end of the day they're all pixels on a screen.

I enjoy the style of the cosmetics he has access to, they both update the classic outfit yet remain very true to the classic aesthetic of the character. I'm not expecting something in wild contrast because he should still be immediately recognizable as Ghostface, at the same time though there are plenty of differences in his current existing outfits and broadening that scope to what you can find on google that make them distinct enough that I would never label them as "bland reskins".

If you want "bland reskins" look no further than Michael Myers. Unlike Ghostface the Myers outfit has hardly developed or evolved in the four plus decades he has been on screen. It disappointed me I couldn't really find much else besides the very subtle variations to the mask, and jumpsuit that he wears. Whereas Ghostface has gone far beyond the classic robes and mask, you can find everything from the new modern attire we see him wear by default in DBD, to the brandon james mask and raincoat in the MTV series, to the viper mask, derpface, skele-face which takes the mask to look more osseous like a skull, the classic white / off white turned fluorescent (a la creepy purge masks) mask, or the bright crimson equipped with horns of the devil, to the brown burlap mask and robes of an unassuming scarecrow.

You'd be very hard pressed to convince me that Ghostface's numerous alternate options are anywhere near "bland reskins".

Although at least we can agree that Ash Williams would look great in almost any new fit, if he can still be badass in a Hawaiian shirt, shorts, + socks & sandals, man can pull off anything. It would be great to see him get something new

• BraveClem
    BraveClem Member Posts: 333
    Options

Speedo For Quentin,He doesnt have a single cosmetic,the others already have some cosmetics

• Awkward_Fiend
    Awkward_Fiend Member Posts: 687
    Options

Robert Englund Freddy is a must.

• sensualsatan
    sensualsatan Member Posts: 92
    Options
    Leatherface (Pretty Woman w/ Sunday Suit, Black dress, Texas Chainsaw 3D LF)

Leatherface in a suit because Bubba

• asparagus
    asparagus Member Posts: 133
    Options

I’d love to see Nancy’s Halloween outfit

• Seiko300
    edited April 2020
    Options

I just wanted to throw out another idea, if they manage to get Robert Englund Freddy I'd really love to see the Needle Fingers as an alternate glove option (where the clawed glove is replaced with syringes on each finger). I had this really cool idea that since the devs are really into cosmetics that have moving parts (starting to see a lot of loose objects in new cosmetics), or another example are The Pig's alternate weapon cosmetics which is a drill bit that spins, or a Saw that vibrates, both of which make noise, you could do the same for the Syringes.

Inside each syringe is a blue liquid, some kind of drugs that he could inject into his victim. When walking around the blue liquid could actually slosh around inside in response to the player's movement. After Freddy slashes someone with the needles, the liquid inside sloshes around inside and afterward when he does the little flair of his fingers in the cooldown animation, a little bit of the blue liquid could squirt out of the syringes.

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238
    Options

@Seiko300

I would love to have the Halloween Resurrection Paramedic Suit (Halloween 6) in the game.

And maybe the burned demogorgon from the first season of st.

• Seiko300
    edited April 2020
    Options

I actually didn't know this existed, good call, I was having a lot of trouble finding much that would be worthwhile for Myers. As I said earlier: "the Myers outfit has hardly developed or evolved in the four plus decades he has been on screen. It disappointed me I couldn't really find much else besides the very subtle variations to the mask, and jumpsuit that he wears."

It would be pretty ironic to see Myers wearing that in game, so I think that would be cool.

I also had absolutely no idea of ideas for the Demogorgon, since the show isn't finished and the demogorgon is much more animal than human so it doesn't exactly wear clothes... The cosmetics that the Demogorgon has access to so far don't ever appear in the show (The Chains one might be a reference to the end credits scene in Season 2 but I can't remember if it was actually wearing chains or not) and come purely from the minds at BHVR and probably writers at Netflix since they were working pretty closely from what I know. I think it's safe to say the stuff we would see for the character would be stuff we haven't seen before, and I know that might make some people excited.

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

I'm surprised Wes Craven's New Nightmare isn't here. It would be an interesting look. And of course, Sunglasses Freddy!

• Seiko300
    Options

I didn't put the image in, since I wanted to give every character 2 images each to avoid over-clutter (save for a few exceptions like Steve / Nancy who were both grouped into the same poll option so they got 3, and characters who I just for the life of me couldn't find many options as I described in the thread itself AKA Quentin, Detective Tapp, The Pig, Demogorgon [who didn't see any images in this thread] etc.

However, I deliberately mentioned "Trench Coat Freddy" in the poll option for Freddy Krueger. This is the exact look he sports in Wes Craven's New Nightmare since a Trench Coat (more or less) is added to the classic Freddy Ensemble as well as a slightly different burned Face, different claws which are now attached to directly to his fingers with the noticeable addition of a fifth claw attached to his thumb, etc.

So I actually did include Wes Craven's New Nightmare, here are some images of what I was talking about when I mentioned "Trench Coat Freddy"

Keep in mind that I may not have mentioned every idea through the images provided or within the poll options themselves, they are merely just some cool ideas I thought would make fine potential additions. The overarching poll question is what licensed character do you want to see get more cosmetics / support.

• Raven014
    Options

I must have missed it... but I would have noticed sunglasses Freddy. : D

• Keezo
    Keezo Member Posts: 453
    Options
    The Pig (Acolyte outfit (black robes with Red fringes w/ hood up / down options)

Always wanted Amanda with John's robe, if not Pig cosmetics, then Freddy, cause he needs some, but he's also in legal hell

• Revzi100
    Revzi100 Member Posts: 529
    Options

Nancy Wheeler in mini skirt fwoooor

• EnderloganYT
    EnderloganYT Member Posts: 621
    Options

Frederick and Quentin need them the most

• Revzi100
    Revzi100 Member Posts: 529
    edited April 2020
    Options

Amanda with John's robe open HUBBA HUBBA

Post edited by Revzi100 on
  • Seiko300
    edited April 2020
    Options

Like I said, I didn't include everything but all ideas are welcome. :)

On a personal note though, I'm not a huge fan of Joke cosmetics, I mention a few of them in the polls because I know people will talk about them regardless of my opinion on them so I might as well include them in the polls to begin with, but I'm not the biggest proponent for the integration of cosmetics like Sunglasses Freddy, Derp-Face, and Speedo Quentin. This is why none of them appeared as images in the poll, and Sunglasses Freddy didn't show up in the poll options because I think this is one of the lower priority cosmetics people want to see just generally speaking out of the whole history of the character.

These cosmetics don't fit in the game because they don't push forward the horror thematic that Dead By Daylight largely strives to achieve, even if those of us who have played for hundreds of hours might find a kind of humor in the game that's mostly due to desensitization rather than anything else. As for the idea that "the devs have already implemented Joke cosmetics, look at Elephant Clown or shirtless david!" well, that's not entirely true because those cosmetics fit with their characters.

In-game examples explained

David

David is an aggressive athlete who loves to get into bar fights and brawls, he's described almost like a bully or a bit of an ######### so it makes sense that he would show off his physique to not only gloat but be condescending or intimidating to others. Those same cosmetics sport generally sport hand wraps that have blood on them because of the fistfights David gets into and if there are no hand wraps you can see his knuckles are actually bruised beneath. In different variations of this cosmetic we can see all kinds of bruises and scars that cover his body because of the extremely intense fights he likes to participate in. This makes sense because of his lore and his character

The Clown

Likewise the Clown dresses up flamboyantly and vibrantly in order to lure in his victims and lull them into a false sense of security. A very clear and intentional contrast to the disturbing individual beneath the exuberant makeup and flashy clothes, once isolated and alone he drugs his victims with the afterpiece tonic he's personally concocted making it even easier to overpower his victims on top of his naturally big size. The Elephant Clown cosmetic is made even darker and more sinister if you consider the fact that this is tailored to look like the exaggerated mascots of characters from Family Entertainment Restaurants like Chuck E Cheese. Meaning "Mr. Puddles" as the name of the cosmetic is called, might have been made to lure in much smaller prey, which wouldn't be outside of his character because he likes to collect Trophies of all kinds. "Men, women, young, old, he didn't care. The essence of a good collection is in the variety, in the memories and stories they evoke." and this is basically confirmed in a separate cosmetic which is literally titled "Children's Parties"... that doesn't leave much to the imagination. Even if he's not going after children are you really going to tell me it wouldn't be terrifying to stumble into a huge man wearing a bloodied elephant costume in an alleyway at night? Viewed from this light, the "Mr. Puddles" cosmetic isn't so funny anymore.

Joke cosmetics and context

On the other hand, the proposed Joke cosmetics that people want to see don't fit the themes of their characters. The version of Freddy we see in Dead By Daylight is a much darker more serious version than the self-parody that Freddy fell into after the fourth movie was released, and even if we did get a more lighthearted version of Freddy if we secured Robert Englund's likeness the cosmetic still wouldn't work because there wouldn't be the proper context to fit the cosmetic.

Sunglasses Freddy

Sunglasses Freddy works in the movie because of the context of the scene, in the movie he appears in the Nightmare of a Woman relaxing on a perfect day at the beach. Freddy mockingly fits on a pair of sunglasses for the occasion, not for no reason, but to ridicule, deride, and mock her in the setting. When she runs away she is quickly caught stuck in quicksand and with the sunglasses on he kicks her over and over deeper into the quicksand and then laughs as he relishes the moment. But taken out of context as the internet often does, it quickly becomes memeable, and nothing more than just an iconic horror villain looking funny because he has sunglasses on. This doesn't work in Dead By Daylight, because the context doesn't fit, there is no beach, no hot sand or water in sight, and hell there isn't even a sun in any of the maps save for one singular location. It doesn't make sense

Speedo Quentin

Likewise Quentin Smith in his story is on his high school swim team, it makes sense for him to wear a speedo when he's trying to do fast laps and be as efficient as possible in the water. When he's pulled into the dream world very briefly due to micro sleep because at this point in the movie he's been awake for many many hours he's understandably scared. Confused as to where he is, and looks and feels completely out of place because he's wearing a speedo in some kind of factory yard. He's wet, and terribly cold in his new surroundings and how he holds himself tightly reflects that. Since I can't imagine the devs would create entirely new animations for a single cosmetic, all this uncertainty that the character exudes in the moment is washed away, because the context is no longer there and it just becomes a guy walking around in the dark in a speedo.

Derp-Face

Derp-face isn't even an actual mask Ghostface ever uses in any of his actual FILMS. It's a mask very briefly used for a joke in "Scary Movie" a parody of the original Scream movies and very obviously a Comedy not a horror movie. Ghostface in Dead By Daylight is not the same character in either Scream or Scary Movie but a unique original one from BHVR that retains many of the horror elements of uncertainty and "who is it beneath the mask" of the original character. He's a proficient serial killer who actually enjoys what he does, he literally does this ######### for fun unlike most of the other killers here who were forced, coerced, or persuaded by the entity to do its dirty work he welcomed the change in scenery and needed absolutely no incentive to track down and murder anyone he found in the fog. His mind isn't broken, he wasn't wronged in any way and is out for revenge, he is fully aware of his surroundings and in complete control of his actions but he doesn't care, he is entirely willing and this arguably makes him the most evil character in the game. He takes pride in his work and is even shown to possess a dark sense of humor taking selfies with dying survivors in his mori who are bleeding to death in the photo. But this dark sense of humor is a very far cry from the purely comedic "derp-face" mask which doesn't fit contextually in any horror setting.

TL;DR "Joke cosmetics" such as the big aforementioned three don't have a fitting place for the aesthetic Dead By Daylight pushes forward. While many may find some dark sense of humor (or just straight up comedy) from certain existing cosmetics in the game, they still work because they properly fit the context of the character they belong to. Likewise, many of these proposed joke cosmetics (the aforementioned big three) only work because of the context of their source material, context which just doesn't exist in DBD.

• Raven014
    Options

So... what about Dwelf then? Or is that allowed because it fits the theme? : /

There could be a lot of cosmetic choices people say are silly and dont belong, yet they are here to stay. Ugly sweaters are another good example of this.

No need to write an essay for what is clearly a joke.

• KrazyAce13
    KrazyAce13 Member Posts: 330
    Options

Captain spaulding clown cosmetic R.I.P Sid

• animalmak
    animalmak Member Posts: 399
    Options

I want Derpface SO BAD. Imagine being jumpscared and then he's just like 😜

• Seiko300
    edited April 2020
    Options

Except they aren't jokes, if you read my paragrah on the Clown you would see that, or did you ignore it? I can take not only Dwelf, but every cosmetic that Dwight has that might seem "funny" to some people and explain all of them because of the context of his character.

Dwight Pizza Delivery Boy, Chute Malfunction, & Mr. Elf cosmetics -

If you look at Dwight's character he's very clearly meant to be a loser. Not even an underdog, just a straight up social outcast who has been ignored most of his life and because of that there's a bit of sadness to his character. This is reflected in his cosmetics which feature him wearing clothes from many of the different odd jobs he's held such as in pizza joints as a delivery boy, or working long overtime hours over the holidays in a ridiculous elf outfit at the mall. This also provides a kind of motivation or reason for him to wear the Chute Malfunction, since most of his life is ironically lifeless he might want to get involved in something quite the opposite, an extreme sport like parachuting. However since he has no aptitude for anything or just has really terrible luck his chute failed and "Dwight's stuck in the woods. What's that noise?"

The Mr. Elf costume isn't some quirky, fun outfit Dwight likes to wear for the holidays he very obviously hates the thing from descriptions of it, and rightly so believes it to look utterly ridiculous. "Dwight hated every single minute of his new job and the irritating fake ears only amplified his frustration. ... To him, the only good thing about this sparkling sweater was that it was highly flammable. He wished he could burn it with those ridiculous fake ears ... Just when Dwight thought things couldn't get worse, he ripped his tights. He had to borrow this pair of weathered, second-hand tights for the rest of his contract." so while everybody is laughing at how Dwight looks, the character himself feels properly miserable, a very gloomy and depressing tone which is fit for a horror story of a character who struggles to pay rent, make ends meet, constantly jumping from job to job etc.

It's really easy from here to see how Dwight delivering pizza late at night in a suburb like Haddonfield where he is stalked by a maniac with a knife, or, after a particularly long shift at the mall in his elf costume (work clothes) on his way home a group of teens in masks with knives start chasing him down the snowy streets, or stuck in the forest separate from his parachuting group and completely alone save for a tall woman throwing Axes his way.

This same kind of logic can be applied to basically any cosmetic for any character in the game

I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade here, but at the same time there's no need to roast me because I like to read into lore and analyze. Even if our viewpoints differ, I'm of the mindset DBD is a serious game and it should be treated as such, the devs themselves a long time ago said they also wanted to keep it serious despite what some people view as "dubious more comedic" additions to the game.

Also, P.S. I don't see how the ugly sweaters are comical, people wear sweaters? and each of the sweaters are custom made and tailored specifically to those characters and their backstories, so 1. they fit the context because they're character specific and 2. again, they're sweaters.

• Champagne
    Champagne Member Posts: 110
    Options

Oh I just want that Nancy Halloween party outfit.

• Seiko300
    edited April 2020
    Options

A lot of people like this outfit, and it seemed like one of those no-brainer outfits that these characters would have in-game when they first released, or at least it seemed to me at the time. Just because this was one of the most memorable outfits from the show (because it was literally a halloween party [and also the scene where Steve and Nancy broke up T_T])

I think it's possible that the devs are just waiting for next Halloween to negotiate with Netflix or just to release the cosmetic at the appropriate time of the year.

They look cool and I know I like them as some of the most iconic wear of the show, but I'm surprise they've exceeded the votes for characters that don't have any (or many) cosmetics yet all the way tied for first with Freddy Krueger himself. I guess chalk that up to how popular Stranger Things is, which is no secret, I'm more than sure that they'll get more cosmetics down the line whatever they may be.

• Owlzey
    Owlzey Member Posts: 442
    Options

I need trench coat Freddy in my life.

Michael's 2018 mask would be a close second.

• Champagne
    Champagne Member Posts: 110
    Options

It would suck to have to wait that long, but the outfits are actually pretty nice and they would probably be my most favourites well for Nancy my favourite for Steve is scoops ahoy.

• obamagaming99
    obamagaming99 Member Posts: 216
    Options

jason skin for trapper since trapper is just discount Jason. Buff trapper first though; :/

• Seiko300
    Options

No hope for Jason himself to make it into the game?

I'm not sure how far that would fly considering there are a lot of people who still hold out hope for Jason himself to be a killer in the game. And I mean their hopes aren't that far misplaced because the lawsuit that puts his license in dispute isn't a permanent thing, it will end eventually and when it does the devs might be there to secure one of the most popular licenses in all of horror. Maybe, he does have his own game so who knows.

But I'm pretty sure licensing negotiations for cosmetics as well as characters are the same thing.. you're working toward being able to use someone else's licensed property or ideas in your game. So if they had the license to make Jason a skin, that would also mean they have the license to use as an actual character as well so I don't see why they would opt to just make him a reskin instead. I think that would disappoint a lot of people

I get what you're saying, Trapper was directly inspired by Jason Voorhees as a character, but Trapper is his own individual character with his own creative lore that gets fleshed out constantly being the mascot or face / mask of Dead By Daylight. Not sure the devs would want to change a core character like that by giving him cosmetics that change who he is completely just because he's probably (technically) the most important figure of the game. More important than even the 4 original survivors I would say who don't appear too often on promotional art in comparison to Trapper

• casonius
    casonius Member Posts: 29
    Options

Honestly, they just need to add an Outfit for Ace that makes him look like one of the Migos.

• YeetusDeeletus
    YeetusDeeletus Member Posts: 14
    Options

I'd absolutely love to see 2018 Michael in dbd