Hot take: Hex: Third Seal is underrated

EthanW
EthanW Member Posts: 82

Call me crazy but, for the past 3 days I have been experimenting this perk with different killers, first day starting with killers that have mid to high slug potential (Deathslinger, Oni, Plague, Legion, Pig, Billy, Freddy, Huntress, Leatherface, Doctor, Shape), and then the other days with killers that have low to decent slug potential (Trapper, Wraith, Demogorgon, Clown, Hag, Nurse, Ghostface).

I mixed Third Seal with other perks to both help with slugging and at the same time protect the totem, such as Knock Out, Infectious Fright, and Hex: Retribution and my god it can be a game changer and a snowballer as long as the totem remains in the game. Now slugging is part of the game and theres no problem in doing it, Hex: Third Seal can change the slug game by a mile.

Imagine this, you load into one of your most hated maps as killer and you know your going to lose, you find a survivor, you chase them, chase seems a bit too long and you think of abandoning it, but your so close to getting the survivor, you get him, but 1 or 2 gens pop, but then the snowball will soon start rolling. You find another survivor, hit them with a basic attack, he gets Third Seal; the survivor thats on the hook gets saved but you immediately down the survivor as soon as the other survivor with Third Seal gets unhooked and hook him. By golly another gen popped but you found a third survivor unaffected by Third Seal, you hit him, he gets Third Seal and goes down, and then you slug. You should slug as soon as the third survivor is affected by Third Seal because the other two dont know where the third survivor is slugged, and so they panic and look for the totem, now in this case you can bring any other hex perk to help protect Third Seal like Hex: Retribution so that if they get the wrong totem they are punished by the killer getting the auras of all survivors, and right there you have the opportunity to find and down and slug the 4th survivor thats unaffected. Finally as you come close to victory the first 2 survivors you affected early in the match are now completely lost, have no idea where the other 2 are and they all eventually die.

That is a high risk, high reward perk. And yes, it even works against SWF with comms, because yeah sure the slugged can just say that "hey dude im over here come pick me up", but the guy trying to save his friend will still have a hard time finding the guy because he has a temporary Blindness Status Effect, but oh what if one of the SWF member destroys Third Seal even though you brought in another hex perk? Thats fine. Just play the game normally after.

Comments