Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

if we had a new skin of ash williams in his young version, in which reimagination would you like?

Walker_of_the_fog_96
Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238

EVIL DEAD(1981):

ash inexperienced, a boy who does not expect what awaits him in the future ...

-good hand (human hand)(When ash has a human hand, it means bad news, but not in this case.)

-without a scratch (torso & head)(vacation with friends in a cabin! don't you think it's a good idea?)

-timeless pants (legs)(a small feeling that these pants will last you a long time)

EVIL DEAD 2:DEAD BY DAWN (1987):

this guy can resist too many beatings and still stand ... give him a well-deserved time out!

-broken chaisaw(hand)(luck of ash, if only your chainsaw were complete ...)

-ready for action!(torso&head)( your shirt is ruined, the good side is that it looks good on you!)

-(the same description from the past outfit)

EVIL DEAD 3:ARMY OF DARKNESS:(1993):

after this trip nothing could be worse than this ... right?

-metal hand (hand)(built from the knowledge of ash, this hand is indestructible!)

-cursed medieval (torso & head) (the old man told you not to forget these words, "clatuu verata nic -... nicko?)

-traveling pants (pants) (are they new pants or are they just dusty?)

BONUS OUTFIT FROM ARMY OF DARKNESS:

if we had a new skin of ash williams in his young version, in which reimagination would you like? 58 votes

EVIL DEAD 1981
36%
GibberishSeiko300Cheers[Deleted User]HorrorcomicnerdBraveClemNekoGamerXxEaWalker_of_the_fog_96Taigazach3734AhoyWolfkylerabdcgamer10Mattie_MayhemOGRobMeister884chinsDerZuntorOllieHellhunterRockatanskyjackal470 21 votes
EVIL DEAD 2:DEAD BY DAWN 1987
29%
ThatbrownmonsterValikMaxwellThePoliceCountInzwiltAwkward_Fiendsourglobebm33Pior_MorteSCP_FOR_DBDCalamityJaneOxiTapeTsukiYureiArthurDentGuiltiiMastatoeBothSidesEnjoyer 17 votes
EVIL DEAD 3:ARMY OF DARKNESS
24%
MikeadatrixEsskayTriglavMrCandyKilleroTechnicBloodwidowFoxfire47GreyBigfootTrulyfostMusicNerd_TCbubbabrothaMichealCryptFriendGarlicRice 14 votes
Bonus outfit
6%
DetailedDetrimentDawnMadMarc_go_soloHelluvaMillie 4 votes
Others
3%
inferjusDRSPHILA 2 votes

Comments

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    EVIL DEAD 1981

Chainsaw hand would never work btw, even if it was "broken" how the heck are you supposed to heal other survivors with that. Or save off the hook, or cleanse totems, or repair generators. What is it going to do clip through the generator and smack the guy on the other side in the face? They'd have to make completely new animations that would make most of these animations one handed and at that point it's too much effort.

I'd also like to mention I think the rights to Army of Darkness are actually completely and separately owned from the rest of the franchise which is super weird. It's why the TV show was so hard to do because they could never make any references to Army of Darkness or something along these lines

Also, also, I'd like to mention there are plenty of badass looks that Ash sports from the TV show that we have not seen yet still:

Like the dope Red Leather Jacket he wears in the first episode and throughout the show

Or the blue coat which also looks pretty cool

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238
    EVIL DEAD 1981

@Seiko300 the broken chainsaw would work like ashy slashy's cosmetic, maybe reduce it to the same size as ashy slashy?

• zach3734
    zach3734 Member Posts: 56
    EVIL DEAD 1981

Legit came here to make a post about this, I’ve wanted an ash skin from the original evil dead for so long. I don’t even have ash but if they came out with that skin I’d buy him and the skin because the first evil dead is one of my all time favorite horror movies.

• Foxfire47
    Foxfire47 Member Posts: 232

I have been wanting an Army of Darkness one for the longest time. It would look amazing.

• inferjus
    inferjus Member Posts: 479
    Others

Poker NIght at the Inventory 2

• Seiko300
    edited March 2020
    EVIL DEAD 1981

Except it doesn't work like Ashy Slashy's cosmetic. That's literally a hand puppet, you can HOLD things with a hand puppet.

Answer me this: Can you pick up a cup while using a hand puppet of Kermit the Frog? (Without the use of your free hand)

Now answer me this: Can you pick up a cup when your hand is in an empty tissue box. (The equivalent of having a metal box [chainsaw] in place of where your hand should be, again, without the use of your free hand)

If the answer isn't YES for BOTH of these, how the hell do you expect to be doing any of the complex actions that Dead By Daylight requires survivors to do like mend the deep wounds and gashes caused by knives, axes, pieces of metal welded together in a crude fashion, or fix complex pieces of machinery.

If you're still skeptical, think about how easy it would be to do any of these things, with that empty tissue box over one of your hands.

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640

The only issue is that devs got the license for the show, not the films, soo it will be hard and expenssive to get the license for the films, specially for 1 cosmetic, unless they bring all of them

• ThePolice
    ThePolice Member Posts: 801

Can you pick up things with a solid wooden hand?

• Seiko300
    EVIL DEAD 1981

Yes, you can.

Reeeeeeaaaally old necro btw I had to re-read entire parts of this thread to gain context again, :P

That being said I still stand by my pre-pandemic self (Pandemic really started to pick up steam around March as I recall) and what I said months ago. You can pick things up with a solid wooden hand, for example you can slip the handle of a mug over the fingers or even the thumb of a wooden hand. You can rotate a wooden hand 45 degrees to the left (it's on his left hand) with the palm facing up and place something on top of it to "hold". Regardless of the fact that you cannot grip with a wooden hand it is infinitely more usable in day to day life than having a gigantic chainsaw strapped to your hand.

Which reminds me of this funny promotional video I saw for the TV series a long time ago that visualizes that exact issue perfectly:

In Dead By Daylight terms specifically, it's true, the wooden hand cosmetic doesn't move (I don't own it but from my understanding this is how it works) however it is still the size of a normal hand and can therefore be used to reach into a generator, and do all sorts of things whether that's as simple as pushing things around or out of the way. A chainsaw is far too bulky to be of any kind of use, especially when considering the animations we currently have, and my very first post describes this "What is it going to do clip through the generator and smack the guy on the other side in the face?"

Even if size of the chainsaw was reduced the animations would look extremely awkward unless they were changed (which we know they won't do, they won't even do it for Legendary Skins, case in point a Greek Minotaur still acts and sounds exactly like a disciplined (yet rage filled) Japanese Samurai Warrior). And I didn't mention this before but it seems pretty obvious to me now, would anybody who's a fan of the Evil Dead franchise and Ash Williams as a character really want to see him equipped with a mini chainsaw that makes him look utterly ridiculous? I wouldn't.

Again, there are plenty of cool looks that he sports from the show that we've yet to see in DBD (I still really want to see that Red Leather Jacket).

• ThePolice

See when I saw “broken chainsaw” I assumed just like the engine part all smashed up or something stuck on his hand rather than a full sized chainsaw

• TsukiYurei
    TsukiYurei Member Posts: 103

Evil dead 2 all the way.

”GROVEY”

• Seiko300
    EVIL DEAD 1981

Why would you even want it then at that point?? o_0

• TsukiYurei
    TsukiYurei Member Posts: 103

Respect hear.

I hope this comes and his end of appearance of evil dead II when he gets his chainsaw and Ash is all torn up and bloody as hell.

”Classic horror moments”

• Seiko300
    EVIL DEAD 1981

Breh.

If that's all you're looking for, again for the third time, new ash skins are still available in the show. We could just as- no let me correct that we could MORE easily get something like the outfit Ash wears in the asylum than we would any of his previous looks (previously mentioned) due to licensing and such.

(Of course likely minus the chainsaw)

• ThePolice

Id love to have chainsaw ash and maybe his jackets as green outfits? Thatd be sick

• ThePolice
  • Seiko300
    EVIL DEAD 1981

Who knows, it could be that the Jackets actually come individually, similar to how Cheryl from Silent Hill has different Shirts she can wear but the skirt is what they haven't changed (yet). In which case they could even be of an uncommon (yellow) rarity.

Also in the top right corner of your posts there's a little "Settings Gear" and from there you can click it to edit your posts after they've been posted. Pretty handy tool if you made a typo or wanted to add on to your post in any way.

• ThePolice

For some reason it wont let me click the gear

They need to change the ‘finale’ set for him to have accurate hair aswell

• Bloodwidow
    Bloodwidow Member Posts: 190
    edited October 2020

Only know Army of Darkness and would like the bonus outfit or this one:

Without license the first one from Evil Dead 1981.

Post edited by Bloodwidow on
  • Seiko300
    EVIL DEAD 1981

Weird. If you can see it you should be able to hover over it and click it and the EDIT option should pop up, obviously you can only do this for your own individual posts.

Yeah I remember thinking that a long time ago as well, he has some clearly stylized white going on in his hair. Then I thought, at the same time, the difference may be noticeable IRL, but in DBD the change would be extremely minute so as to possibly not even be noticeable, and therefore not worth the time / effort. Also it'd be a massive ripoff to pay the equivalent of multiple dollars for just a streak of white on the right side of his hair. It'd have to be mega cheap to actually be worth it to the consumer.

• Rockatansky
    Rockatansky Member Posts: 32
    EVIL DEAD 1981

One day, our great grandchildren will get to experience the Evil Dead as a true DLC when Disney finally releases it after acquiring BHVR.

I would give my left nut for an ACTUAL Evil Dead chapter. I mean, the game even shares its name with the second Evil Dead film. You'd think it was a match made in heaven, but no, Pop needs nerfed.

If they did revisit the franchise, which they wont, I'd want to see 1981 Ash as default, then Evil Dead 2 Ash, Army of Darkness Ash and S-Mart Ash as premium costumes. Not sure on the killer, but there's a lot you could do. Take advantage of the first person view of killer and the first person view of the unseen entity that chases Ash in the movies . The least they could do is give us a reworked Ash model for him to look younger, kind of like they have been doing with Cheryl's cosmetics.

And god forbid, we get a cabin map. The cabin is only one of the most iconic settings in any horror movie. How the ######### is Haddonfield a map and not the cabin?

• ThePolice

I mean like update the cosmetic so its like that default

• Seiko300
    edited October 2020
    EVIL DEAD 1981

Well considering that that's not at all how he looks during the main timeline of the show, I personally wouldn't appreciate that, much like many others I would think. The last season of the show (season 4) was never produced / released so we'll never know what might have been, in which case I see no reason for why that look should be forced upon the character by default when it showed up for a total of less than 10 minutes of a single episode in a series that ran for some 3 seasons with full 40 minute episodes.

• Micheal
    Micheal Member Posts: 288
    edited October 2020

That would be nice two have younger ash as a totally different character with different perks than the older one

Where one of his perks can be where hes working on a totem or generator you can press the activate button when killers right behind you and do a 360 chainsaw grazing the killers stomach stuning him for 6 seconds. Down side doing stuff is 50% slower for healing,generators,totems.no cool down to the perk.

The second perk nolifing special kills what ever you call them where you have to skill check in time before he starts the killing move you spin around on you you back and shot the killer in the face blinding him for 6 seconds you recover from the die ing state in to the injured state.down side have to mend in 15 seconds. You only have two shots

The third perk 50% chance of not screaming.

That's what think should be for Evil dead 2 ash

Post edited by Micheal on
  • ArthurDent
    ArthurDent Member Posts: 44

I would also like deadite ash for a killer

• Micheal
    Micheal Member Posts: 288

For ash players .That would be funny making survivors think you are the killer and them blowing up generators.

• ThePolice

As in the finale cosmetic should have that hair by default

• ThePolice

Calm spirit gives a 100% chance not to scream

• Seiko300
    EVIL DEAD 1981

Breh, say what you mean and mean what you say jeeeez.

In which case my first response still stands:

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277
    EVIL DEAD 1981

I want the one I picked.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274

I don't know why they don't make as many skins for this as possible, to be honest.

While I cant speak to the license or their contracts, you'd think that whoever holds the IP would be down for a bunch of awesome skins for mutual profit.