DBD Story time: Apparently, Survivors CAN’T EVER be non-toxic.

Options
No_Mither_No_Problem
No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476

So, the stage is set. The rank reset has happened a couple days ago, and I’m currently at rank 15. Still trying to challenge myself to get to rank 1 with a Solo Q No Mither build. Feeling extra pumped because I hit a new high Surv rank score last season.

I get into a game. It’s Blood Lodge. Me being the vault boy/stealth lover I am, I’m a bit disappointed as what Blood Lodge has in ludicrously high looping potential it makes up for with nothing but open space and no stealth/juke potential.

A gen later, nobody’s been downed yet. The Killer manages to find me (Trapper btw) and we start a chase. It sucks that I have to rely on pallets for this chase—even more so because the nearest one was across the heckin’ map. So I resort to my only option—trying to juke.

Luckily, because the console version sucks, juking isn’t hard—just change direction! I successfully make the Killer miss me at least six times before, through some miracle of Trapper main huge brain, he misses a lunge and loses track of me entirely, allowing me to stealth him behind a tiny little wall with Tier 1 No Mither and no Iron Will to shut me up. I’m stunned. No looping, no vaults—nothing, and I managed to shake him off.

Flash forward some minutes. One gen left. Nobody’s been sacked yet. Killer gets me again, and instead of going for ez jukes, I try to 360—bad idea. 360ing is not feasible with the pathetic sensitivity on console. Trapper finally downs me. By the time I’m hooked, the gates are powered.

I die facecamped. I’m not mad—I pipped anyway, and he was most likely facecamping because he had no other option at that point; nobody had been sacked yet. Everyone else gets out, so I take the time to text Trapper, “GG!” He replies, “I feel bad but that guy pissed me off lmao”

“Which one?”

“The guy i face camped”

“Lol that was me!”

Wait for it.

“Well you deserved it”

It’s that point I go from chill to confused and a tad miffed.

“Why? Because I juked you?” I reply.

“Is that why you’re dead”

That’s it. Tommy the Tactless Trapper just pressed the wrong button. Because failing one juke=bad Survivor. It’s not like he missed a double digit count of them by me in that same game.

I go on a small tirade. “I played fair and square. No pallets, no crutches but Dead Hard—hell, I had No Mither on. You want real toxicity? Fight a P3 Claudette with Sprint Burst, Decisive, looping, and a purple flashlight.”

“Obviously that worked for you I played like a dick but I don’t regret it”

I huff and I puff... and I take that sitting down. I played as nontoxic as possible and I sincerely regret it because I was branded as toxic anyway because apparently he expected me to just lie down and accept the smacks he wished to dish. Go figure.

Jokes on you, Tommy Trapper. I turned it into a whiny forum rant on the Internet! How d’ya like them apples?

In all seriousness, though, I have held this stance for a while—that for every Survivor main who’s toxic because they’re an entitled brat, there’s a Killer main who’s toxic for an entirely different reason—because they seem to feel that every Survivor is the aforementioned entitled brat. This experience, in my opinion, solidifies that stance even further.

Comments

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Options
    In all honesty toxicity in all games is a player problem. It's never the side that's toxic or what character you main, it's the player that's toxic. I've always tried to look at it that way in all the games I've played. But about console, I also play console and when I play killer I do miss some hits because even though I'm right behind them directly and I attack the killer hits the wall or something next to them which I do find annoying. I dont facecamp unless I have to which is when gates are open and someone is hooked right next to it. I play for fun and most of the time I end up with a fun match
  • Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Options
    This is regrettably the truth. After watching the following video: https://youtu.be/FQ16IFZEcQg 
    I followed in SirRodion's example. I used a similar build and carried a flashlight that used for saves. This made me ask myself:
    ", Am I being toxic for blinding the killer, even if I am using the flashlight the way it was intended?" Almost every action survivors do is "toxic" in some way.

Working on generators? Clearly you're gen rushing. Blinding the killer to save a friend, you're toxic. Using a pallet to stun the killer, toxic. Body-blocking a far hook, toxic. Thanks to all of the dirtbags that do the above just to annoy the killer the rest of us are branded as toxic when just trying to help our team.
  • AnIntellectualClone
    AnIntellectualClone Member Posts: 118
    edited August 2018
    Options

@Peasant said:
    This is regrettably the truth. After watching the following video: 
    I followed in SirRodion's example. I used a similar build and carried a flashlight that used for saves. This made me ask myself:
    ", Am I being toxic for blinding the killer, even if I am using the flashlight the way it was intended?" Almost every action survivors do is "toxic" in some way.

Working on generators? Clearly you're gen rushing. Blinding the killer to save a friend, you're toxic. Using a pallet to stun the killer, toxic. Body-blocking a far hook, toxic. Thanks to all of the dirtbags that do the above just to annoy the killer the rest of us are branded as toxic when just trying to help our team.

I dont feel the problem is doing those things, the problem is in abusing them. I've had games where I couldnt hook a single person because I had a survivor follow me everywhere and everytime I downed someone, they blinded me over and over and over.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

All people in the dark hole of one side think everyone else is what they are. All third wave extremists think all men are #########-y incels. #########-y incels think all women are third wave extremists. Same goes here. Same goes everywhere