Toxic Survivors

Survivors can be pretty toxic, I just got a message, after a match, insulting my internet, which was working fine, and just generally being rude, not sure how often this happens because I play pretty equally killer and survivor but it was kind of disheartening and the first real hate I've received

Comments

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

the best thing to do is ignore the messages or just block messages.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

^ Basically yeah. I just laugh at this point when either side gets toxic towards me. Especially if they post it on my profile too!

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816

If they insulted your internet then either there correct your internet is a potato or there internet is a potato

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

Survivors can be really toxic, but so can killers. But you could care less about they beeing mad about your internet.

I guess you play in Xbox or PS4?

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

So the same applies to killers. Dont make it look like a onesided thingie.

• hex_genrush
    hex_genrush Member Posts: 736

It really is a one sided thing, I’ve never been messaged by a killer

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Killers are far more toxic. Sit around hooks and then gloat post game about how good they are. Hitting on hook and leaving to bleed out.

All about killer fun though. The devs pander to them so much

• Shocktober
    Shocktober Member Posts: 678

Please, I see killers DC and rage message the lobby all the time when I play survivor. Especially recently, when you can heal slugs with the new insta medkit perk and rob them of pressure if they don't pick the slugs up quickly when you are nearby. I saw at least 3 killers ragequit yesterday, 2 of them flaming the lobby in the endgame chat.

Been playing killer today so haven't seen it yet.

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192
    edited March 2020

No, it isn't. I have been called a c**t, w***e, threatened with sexual assault, death, wished that I have cancer. Now this is from someone who does not run any of the 'Meta' or 'second chance' perks. I don't BM, nor do I use keys or make it my job to make the killer's life miserable. Wanna know what I did to deserve these insults?

I got out.

Or i saved someone.

So don't think for a second it's one sided. Both are just as nasty and vicious as the other. You don't don a survivor hat and suddenly you become toxic, its a personal choice and since most play both sides it has nothing to do with which side you're on. This doesn't make OP's complaint about the messages he receives invalid at all, but in no way is it one sided.

To the op I simply advise that you close chat if on PC and disable messages from anyone not in your friends list on console. It is not worth your time nor your sanity to listen to such tripe. Trust me, i was miles more relaxed at playing once I didn't have vicious threats thrown my way, for doing nothing more than my function in the game.