Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why do Killers bring Mori’s?

So I play on xbox, mostly solo que, I’m a rank 1 and everytime I solo que the killer always decides to bring a mori. I don’t see the purpose of bringing a mori to a solo que match? I’m normally good at noticing if I’m in a game with a SWF or if we are all solo. And believe me or not, these Killers will first hook mori. What’s the fun in that? I dodge now to my dashboard if they bring one.I’m not trying to sound entitled or whatever you wanna call me, but I think the Devs should really look at Keys and Moris and change how they work. Maybe make it so that if the killer brings a mori make the survivors have 4 hook states instead of 3. And for keys, well, I’m not quit sure what they could change but both seem so unbalanced. Don’t even get me started with some of these killer’s ego’s after the game. They will type “EZ” after getting carried by a Mori. Just so....... annoying.......

Comments

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

Some killers just like the look of them, others cant win without them. I for one don't bring moris, unless it's a new killer.

• Mert_MK
    Mert_MK Member Posts: 674

Because they're bad and insecure, just like Survivors who bring Keys and pre patch toolboxes.

• kreeper124
    kreeper124 Member Posts: 492

I've never used an ebony, used an ivory maybe twice. Recently I've been wanting to try out an ebony but I have a feeling people would just ragequit when they see it

• Botiz
    Botiz Member Posts: 483

If i'm having constantly bad games, then there's potential i'll throw a Mori on.

Same goes for if I see a key in the lobby, usually i'll throw a Mori on then too.

Apart from that, I never tend to use Mori's, and if I do, i'll only Mori them once i've hooked them twice.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

I've only used Cypress or Ivory for a daily of "Get a kill with X Killer by your hands", since I don't have Devour Hope or Rancor on a majority of my killers, and don't like trying to rely on those kind of effects.

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656

Some killers just have a daily. shrug I have no problem with Mori as a survivor. Any killer who uses one and then says "EZ" in post game lobby is just a troll. Obviously it was easy, he only had to do half his job. LOL As a streamer, I'm pretty used to getting mori'd. Just on to the next match.

As for keys, there's nothing wrong with them. The hatch is completely killer skewed and a key just gives the opportunity to tip the scale back in your favor...if you have one. I can't speak for XBox, but on PC I dont feel either are common enough for them to be an actually problem. There are far more broke items in the game.

• Entropius
    Entropius Member Posts: 63

I only bring a mori if one of the survivors has a key, or if I need to do a ritual/challenge.

• OBX
    OBX Member Posts: 854

The only time I bring a mori is when there is a key in the lobby.

• Junebug
    Junebug Member Posts: 64

because if bhvr isn't gonna consistently make sure that you survivors have a rough time, i'll do everything in the power given to me by the game to do it myself.

why do survivors get mad about getting killed early? bruh, you can just queue again & get right back into a more fun match.... a killer has to stay to the end even when the survivors have already effectively won.

• LALYTHIA

Because it is frustrating and it can happen match after match. People don't wait through a queue to not play the game.

• HyperLight
    HyperLight Member Posts: 11

I only bring a green mori when a survivor brings a key, unless there more than 1 key users so i bring a red mori

• Junebug
    Junebug Member Posts: 64

the game's called dead by daylight. you're supposed to die sometimes.

• LALYTHIA

OMG FOR REAL???

No #########.

Simply dying occassionally to normal game play is not stressful nor frustrating. So obviously that's not the issue. :)

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

When it's two months straight through various mori's, tryhards, campers, tunnellers and shoddy matchmaking then people can voice their frustrations.

I'm with @LALYTHIA on this one. We're here to play Dead by Daylight. Not Lobby Simulator.

• Zaitsev
    Zaitsev Member Posts: 1,285

Why do I bring a mori?

1. I see a key

2. I see more than two toolboxes

3. Obvious SWF (similar names)

4. I have a daily or archives challenge

5. I had a frustrating last game, and need to satisfy my gamer rage

6. I like seeing them, as opposed to the somewhat dull hook death animation

7. Counters DS

8. Makes toxic survs mad

I always use my mori on deathhook, because Im not a total scumbag, but I instantly mori SWF and toxic survs in general

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889

I only mori for a daily otherwise my offering slot is busy feeding me bp or saving my last purple/pink on wraith or doc.

• mouse0270
    mouse0270 Member Posts: 849

I bring a mori for the following

• I know a survivor in the lobby, my friends get a 2 hook mori
    • If I see a key (Yeah mori is worse then a key, but they are both kinda broke. If you get to break the game, so do I.)
    • If I've played against you before and I recall your name for someone being overly toxic to myself or another survivor in End Game Chat than I bring a mori to 1 hook mori you out of the game. Be nice or don't have fun.