If you could free one survivor and killer from the entity’s realm, which ones and why?

I posted this around a month ago and we’ve gotten a new killer and survivor and some new lore in the archives. Who would you free and why? I would free maybe spirit, plague or wraith because I think they have the saddest stories. Spirit literally witnessed her dad disembody her mom and then her dad killer her. Wraith story was also sad, he was never a killer . His boss was making him kill people without knowing and when he did figure out he killed his boss and then the rest was history. Plauge story was really sad because she thought she was killing to help her people but in reality she was a pawn for the entity. I think that meg should be freed because she had a life ahead of her, yeah she had to lose out on the opportunity of college to take care of her mom, but that never meant she would never be able to go to college or even take an athletic career. Tbh I think meg and wraith should be freed from the entity’s realm.

Comments

• Zaitsev
    Zaitsev Member Posts: 1,285

Im assuming that by freeing, you mean release them to the life they once led pre corruption.

I would free Hag, because the first time I read her backstory, it made me a little misty eyed. Same for Spirit tbh

Surv-wise I would free Dwight. Maybe he could use his experience with the Entity to make something of his life

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Claudette, so I don't have to rip my hair out looking for that Blendette.

Spirit, because she didn't deserve what happened to her.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

Also Spirit, same reason. And Kate, cuz she's hot and I wanna hear her music

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

Spirit and Meg.

Spirit didn't do anything wrong. I think she and Plague are the only ones who didn't kill anybody. And Meg just disappeared in the woods. That's a really sad story for her sick mother. (Oddly both have sick mothers.)

• Kwikwitted
    Kwikwitted Member Posts: 641
    edited April 2020

Reading this topic I started reading backstories again, most survivors didn't deserve to get pulled in, most were good people.

But what shocked me was how many of the killers didn't really deserve their fate either.

Obviously Spirit and Plague are pretty much completely innocent.

Hag, Nurse, Wraith, and Hillbilly, while they did kill before coming to the entity's realm, are products of the abuse they suffered, either through their captors (Hag), their workplace (Nurse and Wraith), or their family (Hillbilly).

Trapper is also kind of a mixed case, thanks to the fleshed out backstory and diary entries from the rift, you get the sense he could have gone down a much brighter path if his father wasn't a Grade A prick and turned him into a monster. He was hiding dark tendencies for sure but originally he was siding with the workers and was just a kid who liked to draw.

Huntress is another one who is a mixed case. She clearly killed for sport but due to her mentality as a seven year old basically she's not really doing it maliciously. I think to her it's a game. She also strikes me as the one most satisfied with hunting forever in the entity's realm.

Bubba, for those who know TCM lore, know he's also a product of his family's abuse, and believes the people he is killing are trying to hurt his family.

Deathslinger also strikes me as someone who like Trapper held dark tendencies but also could have gone down a less dark path if not for cirumstances.

Really the only ones that I think nobody would argue belong in the realm are Myers, Doctor, Clown, Pig, Freddy, Legion, Ghostface, Demogorgon, and Oni.

• Lexilogo
    Lexilogo Member Posts: 587

Someone like Spirit or Hag might be the most deserving from their backstories, but honorable mention to Evan (Trapper) because he's pretty much the only Killer who has very clear signs of trying to resist the Entity and being tortured for presumably refusing to hurt people, and TBH his backstory kinda showed there was some good in him, he's just an abuse victim who was groomed by his father into being a tool.

Honestly depending on Spirit/Hag's respective mental states currently, Evan might actually be the most deserving and might have latent thoughts of resistance.

As for the Survivors, I'll vote for Jeff. Most of the Survivors are pretty good people but for whatever reason Jeff sticks out for me with Adam as a close second.

• xGREENCATx
    xGREENCATx Member Posts: 431

kate

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Spirit or Wraith, considering that they are both victims of circumstance.

Wraith technically only killed one guy. I know it can be argued that he killed a lot more, but we don't know if they were alive or not, or if Phillip himself actually activated the crusher.

Spirit never killed anyone (in her backstory, I haven't done her archives at time of post) and just tried to do her best as a Japanese high school/university student.

On the survivor's side, there are a lot of candidates. Kate does seem like the best one to pick as most of them have a defining character trait that they're lacking/missing/need to work on. Something I don't really see in Kate.

• GHOSTfaceP3
    GHOSTfaceP3 Member Posts: 1,364

Nea and for killers probably spirit

• EnderloganYT
    EnderloganYT Member Posts: 621

everyone saying spirit but ya'll have to remember when she was taken she was falling out of a window with many cuts, so she'd be dead by then and wouldn't get her revenge on her dad.

anyways, for killer I'd say wraith. his backstory makes me think that he was just a normal dude who was in some poor circumstances. he had no reason for the entity to make him a killer. other than that, legion (susie specifically) because they're young and could still learn and correct themselves.

for a survivor, Bill. hasn't he been through enough already? in between wars, zombie apocalypses, and death, I think it's time he gets some rest. granted, that rest is permanent, but still. not counting licenced, Jake. dude seems like a chill guy, and honestly I really don't like reading about how his mother was really sad afterwards, it makes me tear up even if it's not the worst out there. something about parents losing their children gets me everytime.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

Dwight would be the survivor. For killer I'm between Plague and Spirit

Dwight is literally a product of trying to find where he fits in and punished for it.

Adaris (Plague) really doesn't deserve to be a killer because she did no wrong

Rin (Spirit) She deserves to have a second chance at life

• KingFrost

I'm not sure Pig belongs in the realm, either. At least if you take her backstory from the SAW movies into account.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171

Jeff so he can take care of his dog.

Screw all those other people and their tragic backstories, there's a doggo that needs feeding and belly rubs!

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

Claudette because I think she’s the nicest person in the game and she doesn’t deserve all the hate that she gets. I recently switched back from Dwight to Claudette and I have noticed a big difference in how Killers treat her. I get camped, tunneled and moried the second that they can do it. With Dwight, I can sometimes get a little mercy by doing a little butt dance.

I know it’s not a lore reason, but she needs a break.

As for killers, I don’t really follow the lore, but I like Susie. Most players who play her seem to be really cool and rarely tunnel or camp unless they have to.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

Yeah Amanda had a lot of deep-seated emotional and mental issues with basically her project on the people in the game. As she didn't think she changed especially not to the standards that John was holding her to.

Even before becoming an apprentice Amanda needed therapy not John and his warped philosophy

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

I would free Feng Min and Legion

Feng Min really hasn't done anything wrong. She had tons of self-hatred and anxiety issues which are most likely from her parents treating her like a black sheep. It would explain why she felt so distressed then spiralled into absolute depression and destructive behaviours trying to prove that she wasn't a failure so she doesn't let fans or family down.

Legion.

Besides Frank (who most likely is a product of the foster system rather than a genuinely evil kid) the rest of the Legion are followers and were lead down a dark path.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

All Kate would do if she was free is sit on a field playing her guitar.

I would say someone who can convince the president that the entity exists so they end up making a Stargate portal to go between earth and the entity's realm.

Probably Ash Williams, Bill probably has a few contacts but he doesn't seem believable because his vision might deceive him. Maybe Claudette, Jane probably has a TV presence so it'll get a lot of traction if she disappears then reappears.

The others just don't seem important enough to be listened to or probably wouldn't care about learning more about how to stop the entity from taking more people.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

Zarina maybe with her camera showing all the scoops on what went on.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

Kate and Wraith.

Realistically, he just had a bad boss. He deserves a second chance.

Kate, on the other hand, is undeserving of the DbD punishment.

• Mak0
    Mak0 Member Posts: 251

Spirit and Steve

• KingFrost

Plus her drug addiction, which was only the result of being framed. And apparently she had a terrible childhood herself. (At least going by a deleted scene)

• Spectre13
    Spectre13 Member Posts: 179

Kate/Meg and Spirit/Hag

Neither of them had any kind of darkness in their being and the entity pulling them into his realm prove how much of dick he can be.

On the flip side I would release Myers and David King just to see what kind of mayhem they would cause humanity.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited April 2020

I wouldn't free the Spirit as many said. Sure she did nothing bad in life, but she is a Yamaoka. Her memories show that it was just a matter of time before she did more than beat up some kid.

If I had to chose, I'd say Adiris. Without the Entity she would have never killed anyone (on the contrary, she tried to help her people). It's not even clear why she kills survivors, who knows what mean the Entity uses on her to make her. Susie is my second candidate, according to Legion's lore she was led astray by wrong friendships and peer pressure. She couldn't even stab the cleaner by herself, and would probably be able to be rehabilitated.

• Kai6864
    Kai6864 Member Posts: 377
  • OtakuBurrito
    OtakuBurrito Member Posts: 512

Claudette and Michael. I have my reasons.

if I could free two survivors Claudette and Kate. I just feel like they'd be really good friends and Kate could totally help Claudette out of her shell.

• FabsRinas
    FabsRinas Member Posts: 169

It is mentioned that he (Wraith) activated the crusher to crush cars, but he didn't know that his boss put live people in it, and when he found out, he let de dude in the car go free and his boss killed the same guy in front of him.

The only person he was aware/wanted to kill was his boss, so he literally killed one person by his own (pretty brutal) way.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

It is why I said that he "techncially" killed only one person.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Julie because she's hot.

And Jeff because he's my boy.