NOED nerf/rework request

Options
2»

Comments

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262
    Options

Not if you stand at a gate before the last gen and start it the second its ready... only 2 killers have enough mobility to maybe get to you. Spirt and nurse

Even then at least 7 killers have 1hits anyway so its not like it helps them any.

Its not like you can't Deleverance DS and BT And DH right out the gates anyway even if they 1hk...

Its entirely your fault if the killer hits you and kills you. You could have hid at the gate until he saw it empty and turned around he can't cover both.

If he gets one of you because your awful instead of making a noed post in the forum message your teammates to leave so you don't reward noed with altruism because that's the real reason it gets kills poor teammates feeding it.

Its a unless perk until the last twenty seconds its the only second chance perk the killer has and its easily countered by 12 different methods 2 even base kit.

I want to keep noed for my clown, my my pig, and my nurse because maybe just maybe it'll stop the clicking dance at the gate for just one survivor while the other 3 escape. Just one limited activation weak perk can I just have that ? Can I have a single moderately ok perk to use as killer

• Demicaster
    Demicaster Member Posts: 9
    Options

Just to bring my two cents into this i feel as if NOED is currently a major problem due to the issues after ruin was nerfed.

To Start ill talk about the Ruin changes/ Nerfs

Before almost every killer brought Hex: Ruin due to the fact that gen speeds. These speeds haven't changed its just that now Ruin's power comes from a different source. Before Ruin gained its powers for survivors working on gens in general but severely punished survivors for grouping up on gens due to hitting a good skill check still pausing all progress for 3 or so seconds. Now Ruin rewards killers who are constantly pressuring survivors off gens which yes was a huge hit to ruin because not all killers have the ability to pressure gens super well but those that due have now become stronger due to this fact Legion, Freddy, Ect. While this was a huge nerf to ruin it brought like to the next big issue gen speeds.

Gen Speeds

While people are going to complain about Ruin getting nerfed it helped us show that gen speeds right now are to fast. Im sure there looking for a way to deal with this because adding more time to each gen could end up causing to much slow down as its talked about. Personally i think that gen speeds should have 10-20 seconds added to each and that stacking should not be affected since if that affected survivors going for objective points are basically dead since you get coop points still. Yes I know you could just not worry about points but at this point why is the game not rewarding playing efficiently.

Okay Now NOED

Alright so after talking about those two thing which don't seem connect this is where I think NOED is now shining. With the facts that gen speeds are fast right now that means that getting to last gen is a bigger possibility. Before it felt like you either won the game or only got two to three gens done in a game due to if ruin was cleansed or if survivors were hitting great skill checks consistently. Now that getting the gens done is more likely NOED is showing why it is really strong. Yes you can cleanse the bones but to be fair that adds at least 70 seconds to each game not including looking for them or the fact that the killer might be in the area making it hard to cleanse. I dont mind the current state of Noed except for the random speed boost that it gives while active. NOED is more likely the strongest perk in the game right now due to the fact that getting to last gen is more common. I think If NOED were to lose its speed buff it wouldnt be as big of an issue since while the 2-4% might not seem like much that can bring most killers close to 120% not including there powers especially since a suvivor might not realize the speed boost at first and may go down on a loop due to that.

NOED counters adrenaline

This concept to me seems very confusing to me due to one fact. Noed doesnt counter adrenaline. NOED counters being healthy and Has nothing to do with Adrenaline except for them activating at the same time in my opinion. Adrenaline rewards survivors for making it to the last gen but NOED is a failsafe encase suvivors finish the last gen. There is no way currently to counter NOED besides cleasing all the totems before hand. If NOED was always lit or if you got a free down for every single dull still up then that would be a different story but the fact that once noed pops survivors dont know till someone goes down and then that gives killer time to defend the totem.

The way I would suggest to balance it is have it be to where NOED tells all suvivors they are exposed once the last gen is done or if they want to keep that intact I feel as if NOED should spawn before Last gen so it can be dealt with before hand. If the perk gets nerfed as some people have stated another perk is gonna show that it is to strong as well but thats how balance goes. I mean gens are most likely going to be getting hit soon in some way which suvivors arent going to be happy about but in all honesty I feel that it needs to happen. Certain killers are gonna dominate the Meta and they will get nerfed in turn. I think NOED could used nerfed right now, but once gen speeds get hit i could see them giving some of the power back but with how strong gen speeds are right now NOED is a problem.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

Why would you open a gate and start EGC if you have NOED?

• Champagne
    Champagne Member Posts: 110
    Options

Noed doesn’t need to be nerfed it is very counterable so the fact that you want it nerfed is just because you ignore totems and don’t cleanse.

• Dwigtht
    Dwigtht Member Posts: 462
    Options

This does not make any sense to cleanse totems to counter a perk, which may not exist in the game.

"do bones" -- like why? what cleansing the dull totems give me? 1000 BP? How else do they help me to survive? The only reasonable reason to cleanse totems are: 1) burning totems could be devour hope or ruin 2) running inner strength. That's all. Why else do I cleanse totems rather than doing gens or be in chase with killer?

NOED in the current state is poorly designed perk. A killer can do nothing during the match and got 2 - 4 kills during endgame. The Killer need to earn this one hit super powers. Make NOED a token based perk: for instance, collect first 3 tokens from hooked survivors (remaining 32 meters from the hooked surv) and get speed boost. Collect 5 tokens -- and get 1 hit M1.

Killers must do a little bit more than just bringing this perk to gain NOED superpowers.

Once again: NOED lets killer to be IDLE entire match and then get 2 - 4k. This should not be happening.

• PerskuleBenener
    PerskuleBenener Member Posts: 43
    Options

Do some bones next time