Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Deathslinger is the first enjoyable Killer release since The Pig

RepliCant
RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

To go against, and to play as.

Obviously it's a personal preference thing, but feels like forever since we actually had a fun healthy killer for dbd.

Comments

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,032

Hahaha 👍

• SpacingLlamas
    SpacingLlamas Member Posts: 602

Agreed, demo is definitely the most fun killer for both sides to me as well.

Deathslinger is annoying to play against to me personally. And the fast quick scopes which are fair I guess, but nothing you can do against them to avoid and I hate that.

And there's people on PC who just use crosshairs like on huntress too, and get an unfair advantage that's not intended

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,934

I enjoy playing as and against Spirit, Demo, Oni and Deathslinger. Why don't u like the others after Pig?

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,092

I like playing as him, but I don't like going against him.

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

Freddy, at release, was well what Freddy was. I thought he was cool, but it was clear he had alot of issues. Not being to hit survivors til they were asleep, built-in Aura reading, nothing really that I enjoyed from either side.

Clown is bad. That's it really. Sure going against him isn't a nightmare, but it's usually a W unless it's some god Clown main which are hard to come across.

Spirit is basically Wraith but godly and I personally dislike it. Why is there lack of indication when she's going into phase (you can't see the shards light up like how the devs talk about it) and it's utterly painful to know that she can still track you easy in phasing, disregarding the fact she can't see you, and it's really unfun not knowing where she is during phasing. Lack of information per say.

Then there's Legion. Who was OP upon release and is now the worst Killer in the game a year later. He stabs you, runs away, fails to chase anyone cause he has 0 chase pressure, loses a gen, rinse and repeat. Upon release though, you were given your one-way ticket straight to hell because if he wanted to chase you through every Window and vault every pallet for 3 minutes just to down you, he would.

Plague, I mean how could you not find this killer ######### irritating? Free tracking and not only that but an omegapuke auto spawns so when everything throwing up their little titties she omegapukes it up and gets some easy downs. Though, I'm glad she is the way she is, but boy is she just so annoying to go against. (Kinda fun to play as though lmao)

Ghostface, spirit syndrome. Lack of info like that just isn't fun to go against but I mean he's alright, not the worst or anything or even remotely bad by any means. Just a recycled Michael in my opinion.

oni - let me be useless for half the match until I get my power which is way overtuned but it's apparently fine because he's useless for 3 minutes anyway

Demo - i cant hate on demo but idk, not a dbd vibe.

I find Nurse, Hillbilly, Huntress, Pig, my favourites to against. They're so adrenaline inducing and chases with them are usually fun. Nurse brings a completely different and new playstyle, Billy feels classic as does Huntress, and Pig is has a cute stun so I mean lol

• Primalux135
    Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045

I would disagree for me Oni and Demo are fun and caleb too but the issue is gen protection x.x

• Schmierbach
    Schmierbach Member Posts: 468

Oni was rather fun to play, even though he is just a Billy with extra steps.

Demo was interesting as well. Creative.

• Awkward_Fiend
    Awkward_Fiend Member Posts: 687

Oni and Demo are pretty fun, honestly I think that they've been on a roll since Stranger Things.

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725
  • Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,447

I actually don’t like playing against Deathslinger but that’s my opinion.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

Legion was never op not even upon release when the strongest thing about you was the fact that some people were abusing a moonwalk exploit I can't really call you overpowered.

I wouldn't confuse being overpowered and having no counterplay as the same thing.

Upon release Legion was actually very weak to average even up till now they haven't really changed from that standpoint. The only difference between release legion and the current Legion we have now is that they have counterplay.

It wasn't hard to to run a Legion around the problem was there was nothing you could do to prevent yourself from going down even if it took 5-minutes you were going to go down no matter how skilled you were.

• AsePlayer
    AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829

As soon as the novelty of him being a new Killer wore off, he became very annoying. Getting quickscoped when you can't do much is only fun for so long lol

• SpacingLlamas
    SpacingLlamas Member Posts: 602

Kinda to a degree he does already have crosshairs. I dont think its the same thing has have a exact spot with lines or a dotted circle on screen.

But I could be wrong I only watched people play him, as I don't own the dlc

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

He doesn't strictly have a crosshair built into his gun, but you can use one of the spikes on the harpoon as a crude ironsight. There is also possibly an add-on that gives him one, but I haven't even looked into his add-ons as I've dropped rank a bit because of survivor archives.