Every killer should have their own chase/terror radius music! Example: The Deathslinger

Let's investigate what makes the Deathslinger one of the scariest killers, if not the scariest of them all:

• His design is really unsettling. The cowboy look combined with the creepy glowing eyes, the scars on his face and his crooked jaw really make him scary looking. Seeing him come at me in game makes me wanna run away fast as hell!
  • His ability. No one wants to get caught in that hook-gun. Trying to dodge his gun makes the game far more tense than with other killers. And getting hit with it is horrifying, as you're being pulled towards that creepy cowboy who's gonna smack you hard.
  • HIS CHASE/TERROR RADIUS MUSIC! I really want to emphasize this point. He has a unique chase music. This music makes the atmosphere of the match super tense. When he's coming closer to me and that chase music starts slowly building up, I really wanna pee my pants and hide under a rock. It's sooo scary and tense.

I really think we should give each killer their own unique chase/terror radius music. I've noticed that music really plays a big part in creating the horror atmosphere for this game. Only 4 killers have their own music, which is lame. Most killers share the same common chase music that has gotten really old really fast, it mostly sounds just comical when you keep hearing it over and over again nearly every match. Playing against Deathslinger, Oni, Doc and Myers is already far more scary just because they have their creepy unique chase songs which emphasize the fact that this is a HORROR game! Does anyone agree with me that every killer should have their own chase/terror radius music?

Comments

• AsePlayer
    AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829

The only thing that's "scary" about the Deathslinger is how small his terror radius is and how loud the gun is, allowing for some cheap fnaf jumpscare garbage.

• Mikeadatrix
    Mikeadatrix Member Posts: 890

I can't take this response seriously when the Pig, a literal loud noise jumpscare killer, exists. A gun is meant to be loud and if the Deathslinger's terror radius was any bigger, he would be so weak that Clown and Bubba might have a new friend in D tier.

• BlueFirebilly
    BlueFirebilly Member Posts: 257

They will eventually give all killers their own lobby and chase music, like doc or demo

• AsePlayer

Well the pig noise isn't even comparable to the sound of the gun, so I don't see your point.

His terror radius combo'd with Monitor and Abuse is just kinda dumb. He can shoot you outside of his terror radius lmao.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184

What I would give to have the Game Over saw theme play out during EGC while playing Pig.

• Mikeadatrix

When you bring up FNAF, a game with screaming animals that jumpscare you, how can you not see my point that the Pig ambushing you is literally a FNAF style jumpscare. Perk or no perk, his terror radius goes hand-in-hand with his low move speed. Either make him faster and up his TR or dont touch it.

• MPUK
    MPUK Member Posts: 357

I don't really like the individual terror radius music. I wouldn't mind individual chase music but I think you lose the surprise element when it comes to the killer with the terror radius.

When everyone had the same you could be hiding at the start of a match with a loud terror radius, but because you were hidden in an alcove or whatever you were unable to see the killer and have no idea who you were up against. Now, if it is Doctor, Demo Oni or Deathslinger I know the moment I touch their terror radius. Just disappoints me a bit.

• Mikeadatrix

I would much rather have unique chase music as opposed to the generic crap I've been hearing for four years at this point. It's quality of life and it makes the chases more memorable.

• AsePlayer

You cannot say perk or no perk his radius is fine. The perk literally AFFECTS THE RADIUS significantly. He's ghostface with a gun with that perk. It's stupid.

• MPUK
    MPUK Member Posts: 357

I am saying chase music being unique is fine but terror radius should be generic.

• Mikeadatrix

Ghostface gets a free exposed on ignorant survivors, Deathslinger gets an M1 if he aims properly. There is a difference and the truth is that the scenarios where he can shoot you outside of his terror radius without you knowing is slim, unless you're a bad survivor.

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

Unique chase music is ok, but unique terror radius audio has proven to be highly problematic. All killers should use the standard TR audio for consistency sake instead of stupid audio choices giving some killers an advantage or disadvantage.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

they are actually planning on doing that - well, or at least they said that'd be a cool thing to have.

they have already started doing this aswell, as the Doctor used to have the normal Terror Radius and chase music as all the other killers aswell, until his rework. now, as you probaply already know, he is one of the few killers with an unique soundtrack to him.

we will probaply see more of these changes to Killers over the time, it might just take a while.

the only killers that might be stuck at the default music would be licensed ones, as any changes to their design need to be discussed with the license holders, which (in some cases, such as Freddys) can be hard.

• Owlzey
    Owlzey Member Posts: 442

I agree every killer needs their own unique chase and terror radius theme. I'm getting sick of hearing the standard one. Myers, Demo and Doc are some of my favorite killers to go against and a part of that is due to the music. For me, it makes chases feel more tense.

There are some pretty cool fan-made themes on youtube, my favorites being Wraith's and Legion's chase music by Mr Envy.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,089

I rather hope they give us the option to have standard Terror Radius and Chase Music or the individual one. I only like Myers unique Chase Music and Terror Radius, I thought that it might be a license-thing when Demo got a unique music, but since they are doing that since Oni...

Like, I get when it is boring for some people to hear the same TR/Chase Music all the time, but others dont like unique musics, I like the original one a lot. Also it does not give me a headache like I get when playing Doctor.

• Ancheri
    Ancheri Member Posts: 157

You telling me we need a deathringer?

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,615

This is already their plan.

• Splinterverse
    Splinterverse Member Posts: 445

OP -- they can't do this until they learn how to do it properly. The Huntress has her own TR song AND a working heartbeat/ramp in music based on proximity. Deathslinger and other custom songs are not working the same way as The Huntress. IF and ONLY IF they fix that, they can continue to add custom music. Otherwise, they are going to continue to screw up this game.