Why only killer buffs?!

I’ve played this game with some of my friends since the beginning (2016), when it was really fun. But we all stopped after a year, when this game become “only for the killer’s fun”. I thought this couldn’t evolve worse, but here we are 3 years later when as a survivor you literally have no chance against a killer, nor fun playing.

I’ve returned to this game a week ago and the first new thing I see are more killer buffs??

Ok, I get it, you want the killer to be able to catch every survivor even if it is “experimented”, but how about the rest of us, not red ranks or anything?! We literally spawn near the killer every damn match, and you plan to make the maps even smaller... Besides that, there are hooks everywhere so no chance of wiggle off if you aren’t swf... And the killer can now close the hatch?! What should I do if I am the only one remained, he closes the hatch and the time is running out? Just die, isn’t it lovely? Should I bring a key on every match? Or try to open the door? I’ve tried and it’s near impossible when the killer is Demogorgon, Billy, Huntress, Spirit etc. Not to say that killer mains are salty and thirsty af.

I’ve played this game many hours in the past and never abused an infinite, swf gen rush or any of the things you try to prevent. I am not “God” at playing survivor, that’s why I’ve never had a red rank, yet I try my best to just enjoy playing but it has become impossible to even “learn” to play again.

I think I’ve played killer for 2-3 times in my life and even so I can make a 4 men...

You guys just make this game less fun for every new player or survivor main. But who cares about them, right?

Note: Sorry for possible mistakes, my mother language isn’t english.

Comments

• aloneinmycoffin
    aloneinmycoffin Member Posts: 7

So I guess there aren’t other ranks besides 3-1 and 20. Well, that’s great.

• aloneinmycoffin

Oh, excuse me please. How dare I? 🤭

It’s not like i used to watch a lot of streamers and youtube videos while I wasn’t playing. I don’t know anything about the poor killer players... 😢

• aloneinmycoffin

Be able to play against rank 1 swf then don’t beg for a buff :)

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

Seeing as you came back about a week ago...

A bit ago Hex Ruin, a mainstay perk for dealing with the fact that Killers usually spawn on the other side of the map from the survivors and the survivors frequently spawn literally next to a generator, got reworked to... well... not do that at all.

The majority of these changes are aimed at addressing those issues. Because losing an entire generator before you found your first Survivor is 100% a thing that can happen if they spawned together on a big map.

• obamagaming99
    obamagaming99 Member Posts: 216

Also just exactly how long have you played this game??

• Aldofer
    Aldofer Member Posts: 458

well let's forgot all the recent nerf killer got that made a big drop in killer making the game unplayable, now it will balanced, sure lot of survivor will leave but new fun will be find and overall i think the population will balance for both side

• aloneinmycoffin
    edited April 2020

600hrs, my best rank was 3 then I stopped playing for some time. I don’t play longer than 1-2 months because it’s getting boring. Now I’m rank 8 but I never “try so hard” to get to red ranks (like 3 again or 1), again, I play for fun and out there are a lot of games i spend my time on.

• obamagaming99
    obamagaming99 Member Posts: 216

Go spend your time on them rather than complaining about a game that's too boring

• ChristianGriffin
    ChristianGriffin Member Posts: 4

the only cry-babies and people who get so easly triggerg are KILLER MAINS. For real. try to play survivor for more than 5 consecutive games and you will want to pull your eyes out of your own head. Dude. Y’all should stop trying to make the game so easy for you killers and face off a real challenge.

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

This entirely, im a low rank killer, i dont olay that much but its fun. But holy cow some of these potatoes i come across. Survivors that try to 360 me but instead just spin in a corner as i slowly waddle my way over. People sitting in lockers for 30 seconds+ and then flaming endgame chat saying i camped them when crows alert me to them. When i play against average players, i start to get served because i force 3 ppl off a gen, hit one then a gen pops, i hook someone, POP POP Two more gens done.

• ChristianGriffin

I can agree with you to some extent. To me, sincerely, the range that the killer succeeds to get a hit on you is insane. I got hit from miles away. The killer was at least 3 meters away and the auto-aim i understand it yes it is for the jukes but they should lower the auto-aim area and the range. Just a little bit.. But even if they launch forward they can easily hit you from 5-6m away. To me it is madness and i’ve got 402.5h in the game

• ChristianGriffin

yes. It is a challenge as it should be for a killer. Put yourself in the character. Every psychopath ( killer ) that is in the game likes to play with his victims. To terrorize them, to make it hard for himself. He enjoys it. Killers should face off a better challenge

• crixus006
    crixus006 Member Posts: 383

What game have played, gen are done in 12 seconds before the minutes 2 or 3 gene are done, not hex ruin, DS, BT, DH, 15 pallets per map. Came on. I am main survivor and this game was so easy that I hope this nerfed can help killers because I was boring from escape every match even killers never saw me.

• ChristianGriffin

lol idk how u get lucky. It happens to me so rarely.. I like to throw myself at killers because i love the challenge. And seeing all the advantages they have is a little bit frustrating. Ok, i understand that they have to stand a chance put in my eyes, in my mind, everything is psychological. You have to think what the killer would think that you will do before he gets the chance to do it. A good killer will think of what you think he thinks you think and thinks differently. A good survivor knows that the killer thinks that you think that he thought about what you started thinking and you got to think some more about what the killer will think so you can outsmart and outthink the outthinker xd

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

The devs care for their playerbase, that's why they are making these changes.

The reason this patch is killer sided is because many maps are survivor sided and need some balancing. These changes are very good and should make matches more balanced when considering how fast gens can be repaired.

It's honestly quite crazy. All these killer mains crying over how the devs are so survivor sided, which isn't true aswe can see, and now that there's one killer sided patch that adresses the biggest balance problems in the game, people accuse the devs of being killer sided. I wouldn't want to be one of the people responsible for the game's balance at the moment.

Also, if new survivors are constantly getting destroyed by killers, it's one of two problems: Either they are going against killers the clearly shouldn't, or it's because killer is way easier to pick up than survivor, none of which have anything to do with balancing.

If anything, the devs should maybe look into somehow lowering the skill floor for survivors, and improving the tutorials for both sides, but especially for survivors.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Unplayable? Killer is literally easier than its ever been.

I agree it used to be bad but there came a point when killer was far less stressful than 1-2 man survivor.

The biggest issue as killer was the maps and now a lot of that s being fixed so...

• crixus006
    crixus006 Member Posts: 383

It's a great Change, I have played DBD since 2018 and I had never seen survivors too strong, god loops were headache for killers and survivors forget that there are a lot of loops in every map that you can use. Think about it. A new game for survivors who just know god loops. I am rank 1 as killer and survivor.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

I agree that a lot of survivors aren’t great. That seems to be the average player for the game, a bit of a potato.

The problem I have is that the average killer is just as potato. They’ll commit to chasing good survivors for ages, run all the broken loops, miss a lot of swings, have no map awareness.

Yet as a potato killer you can still dominate with 3 gens left standing.

and killer is meant to be the more demanding role?

• AtraXis
    AtraXis Member Posts: 78

Yo, I'm a rank 6 survivor, and a rank 1 killer. I can say that those buffs are definitively needed. I'm playing survivor mostly in solo queue, not swf, and yet I can tell that the game feels way easier at high rank surv than at high rank killer. As survivor, just learn how to actually play the game, deal with a loop, optimize your time, optimize your chase. Once you know how to do it, you will actually release that killers aren't that op.

From my killer experience, I'd say I'm not going back to red ranks. Too much pressures because you don't have any room for mistakes, playing against optimal survivors mean that you have to constantly try-hard if you want at least a safe pip, and much much more. Additionally, when survivors are bringing you to god loops, you feel hopeless, because there's no space for any mindgame, and you have two solutions : chasing around this loop until it's blocked, or giving up on the chase.

This patch is actually a good thing for both sides. Boosted survivors will start to rank down if they can't chase properly, and killers will feel less hopeless against people of their skill. As survivor, you will never actually learn any skills if you just rely on god loops. If you don't however, you can still improve your chase abilities, there's definitively enough stuff in the game for you to do solid chases.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

If you played 2-3 times you're at best rank 19 as killer

• Aldofer
    Aldofer Member Posts: 458

well i was talking survivor, but if killer i have a chance right now it's beceause of all the potatoes that got carried by one guy to red rank, once that you ignore him well you got 3 headless chicken to kill with ease

• Kumnut768
    Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789

the sheer amount of your entitlement is too much for one man to take.

• Kumnut768
    Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789

gens get done too quick and survivors just stick to the infinite loops always using the same crutch perks DS,BT,SB and unbreakable it just means that survivors can easily escape chases using the things like the infinites on ironworks and wretched shop which is why i am so glad because it means that killer mains can play more killers and not be pressured to keep just playing killers like billy,nurse,huntress,spirit and occasionally doctor

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070

Did you not notice Ruin get gutted, along with one of the new Killer's perks(which was already medicre at best)? Or Sabotage becoming shorter than the hit cooldown of Killers?

• Desh
    Desh Member Posts: 1,118

Watching someone do it is completely different from doing it yourself. Talking as a Rank 1 Survivor and Killer, no it's pretty hard getting kills up at red rank. Especially when they are a SWF's, just as you are yourself which you have stated. The goal of the game according to the Devs is that the average kill rate is supposed to be 2k. However, the current balance is you're either getting 0k or you're getting 4k. There's hardly an in-between as often as there should be.

Everything you've also listed can easily be countered.

1.) Spawn: If you spawn near the killer 'every damn match', then why don't you stay hidden for around 5-10 seconds to ensure that person isn't nearby, or move away from the area?

2.) Hooks: There are offerings to increase the distance of those hooks. You also have toolboxes and perks to hinder the killer from getting their hook. If you are utilizing the tools handed to you, that's on you and your team.

3.) Hatch/Door: You can bring a key or find a key. You can either search for the hatch or camp a door and immediately open it soon as the hatch is closed. I've seen that happen nearly every time I close the hatch as a killer and I can't make it to the survivor most of the time because they're too far away and they escape.

Not every map is getting reduced in size, nor do we know how MUCH they are reducing it. It appears they're only taking away a couple of tils so you may hardly notice the difference at your level. And calling a killer "salty and thirsty af" for trying to kill you in game where the objective is to literally sacrifice you is not helping your argument.

• Frontdoor6
    Frontdoor6 Member Posts: 609

Its because survivors have been getting buffs and killers have been getting nerfs for months. If you ask me, I'd say its about time for a change

• Xx_Daniel_xX69
    Xx_Daniel_xX69 Member Posts: 214

I'm sure the long survivor ques that have been here for awhile and the instant ques of killers beg to differ. Also didn't survivors want nurse and spirit nerfed? I think ruin came up too. Just because your a player and customer doesn't mean they need to cater to you. As ruin was a balance change for the future so is this one.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

Killer buffs?

That's funny, I just read the part where Prove Thyself got a 5% buff in gen repair speed.

• Xx_Daniel_xX69
    Xx_Daniel_xX69 Member Posts: 214

Oh man wish I could switch with you as I needed alot of survivor challenges done. Also since nothing else was mentioned about my post I assume you had no rebuttle.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I’m a survivor main and I disagree with your post. Some killers are too weak and these changes are good. (Rank 2 survivor, rank 8 killer.)

• mcavette413
    mcavette413 Member Posts: 4

It’s true tho killers are getting buffs. You got noed plus the endgame. Got killers that Teleport from generator to generator send a big shock to see who’s around. There speed is crazy and the lunge is crazy to whilst they swing. Hit boxes are big as hell to.

survivors getting hit when at least 2ft away so no where near the survivor.

again this game is definitely a killers game. You guys took off the Buddy block for survivors to help another survivor while they being carried. Took away the toolboxes so there’s no use for them except for sabotaging hooks which Is all so a joke. Flashlights barley work at times on certain killers.

now taking some infinite loops out bc killers don’t like them. The reason is because they used it as survivors against killers and now once they play the killer it’s being used on them and they don’t like it.

• thisrandomguy
    thisrandomguy Member Posts: 142

You claim the game became a killer ez zone after a year in 2016.

This would mean killer was ez mode in 2017

Lets see what 2017 had

Pallet vaccums

Inproper fast vaults

2 pallets every tile

25+ pallets every map

Bigger safer tiles

Old D.S

God loops

Old tools and add ons

Insta blinds

Huge maps like the swamp

Old trapper which was trash

Old hag trash

Old doc trash

Old wraith trash

And the list just goes on.

• thisrandomguy
    thisrandomguy Member Posts: 142

You claim the game became a killer ez zone after a year in 2016.

This would mean killer was ez mode in 2017

Lets see what 2017 had

Pallet vaccums

Inproper fast vaults

2 pallets every tile

25+ pallets every map

Bigger safer tiles

Old D.S

God loops

Old tools and add ons

Insta blinds

Huge maps like the swamp

Old trapper which was trash

Old hag trash

Old doc trash

Old wraith trash

And the list just goes on.

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

gotta love all these new profiles being made for the upcoming update

• AlexnotTozic
    AlexnotTozic Member Posts: 9

This game is not killer-sided.

• Khar
    Khar Member Posts: 640
  • Dzeikor
    Dzeikor Member Posts: 704

another ignorant survivors that cant even read patch notes right..sigh

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

If you played the game in 2k16, you do realise that nearly every window was an infinite in the early days of dbd?

A little excourse: A currently pretty famous survivor main calling himself "Ayrun" complained about the game becoming more killer sided many times in the last year. Newer people are watching him, because he does pretty educational vids about high rank survivor techs and playstyles. What many people don't know is, that he changed his name some time ago. He called himself "AaronPlaysTV" before that. And he was close friends with Ochido, they even created videos together. After Ochido got a huge shitstorm because he tried to sexually abuse his female underaged fans countless times, "AaronPlaysTV" broke the contact, but kept creating really toxic content. After he changed his name, he also tuned down the bullying and the toxicness to a level where he is now.

He never admitted the contact with ochido and deleted vids that they created together. The only trace you can find is his old name in some older ochido videos.

But why is that bad? Remember how No0b3 handled the situation? Yeah thats how you do it.

TL;DR: "Ayrun" complains about the game being too killer sided while using really abuseable techs to make the game either unfair or unplayable for killer. I think many old survivor mains think like that, OP included.

• Lavos99z
    Lavos99z Member Posts: 117

So as per usual entitled toxic survivor main who clearly hasn't played killer enough to respect or really understand the struggle, you made this absurd post instead of having empathy and really getting a grasp on why the changes are necessary. Boo hoo, the "hold M1" side of the game got a little more challenging and you might actually start feeling a bit of pressure. HOW SAD! Poor baby! Meanwhile the killers who have had to get flashlight blinded, pallet stunned, godlooped, etc. by toxic survivor mains deal with 4 escape games repeatedly. I was personally stuck in a yellow rank loop until I was finally able to exit it by getting some decent games with respectable players of the same rank as me who were quite nice about 2-4k games. Maybe you should play more killer, you only really understand the struggle when you've played. I used to be somewhat like you, so I get it, you think being survivor entitles you to big daddy BHVR's love too. It doesn't. These are much needed. Please get over it. You all had your buffs when Ruin was nerfed.