stop nerfing survivors each patch!

Options
senki527
senki527 Member Posts: 275

wow, again survivors get nerfed. killers are still strong. why reduce great skill check bonus time for example???? it wasn't easy to hit them at all, but at least it helped winning the game, now it's just for useless bloodpoints. and reducing size of maps? come on, you want every killer to get 4k every round. all i read is survivor nerf there, survivor nerf that.... can the devs please chill with all the survivor nerfs and maybe fix the 3 meters windows hit boxes first? or the hits getting through after a pallet is dropped?

Comments

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893
    Options

OP you are drunk.....the last 2 patches were killer nerfs...

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options

Wasnt really a killer nerf either. Its weaker on low tier killers but much stronger on top tier killers.

Remember the official line from BHVR is that Ruin wasn’t nerfed, it was just changed.

Or is it now considered a nerf?

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267
    Options

It's okay this is a great change!

• tactic
    tactic Member Posts: 356
    Options

I imagine when they said that the developers were implying that it was their mindset for the changes.

People within BHVR can have different opinions/mindsets, especialy if they're a forum moderator rather than a developer.

But let's not kid ourselves; the ruin changes did leave killers in a pretty bad spot for a while, so I think many would consider it a nerf.

• Leyoyo
    Leyoyo Member Posts: 105
    Options

this is a nerf , but that's was need for a healthier game like this update

• tactic
    tactic Member Posts: 356
    Options

I imagine when they said it was a change they were implying that that was the mindset of BHVR game developers when working on ruin.

People within BHVR are allowed to disagree with that, especially if they're forum moderators and not game developers.

But let's not kid ourselves; the changes left killers in a pretty bad spot for a while, so many agree that it was a nerf.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,347
    Options

I guess these posts were as inevitable as all the killer main posts about the Ruin nerf ruining the entire game.

These balance changes are there to try and make the game a more balanced experience for killers as well. Making a few maps that are really big smaller is not a bad thing, it just allows killers to apply a bit more map pressure. In general these map changes are only made to allow the killer to have a bit more counterplay in order to compete with the fast gen times, so that both sides have a fair chance of winning.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117
    Options

I think the ruin nerf was a Survivor nerf cause killers got even more cheap than before, which made the survivor experience way more unenjoyable.

• Xx_Daniel_xX69
    Xx_Daniel_xX69 Member Posts: 214
    Options

No no no, they didn't wanna look for bones period. The reason I say this is due to all the NOED posts I see. We've barely seen any of the changes so its kinda silly to be this overdramatic. Also sounds are bugged in general so I don't know where you got the louder pain sounds from. Play some killer and open your eyes.

• Zaitsev
    Zaitsev Member Posts: 1,285
    Options

Now. The Ruin nerf makes sense. Smaller maps, slightly slower gen times.....maybe theres truly hope for balance and fun to coexist?

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Options

It's impossible to completely change something and for it to have the same effect. If that was the case, why would they have bothered changing it.

So many people clutching at straws looking for something with substance to complain about. All the whining is a long time coming, if you don't like the changes then go play something else if you're gonna cry everytime the game is touched in some way.

• Xx_Daniel_xX69
    Xx_Daniel_xX69 Member Posts: 214
    Options

Well it was used in 80% of games so I'm sure alot of killers were upset and because that was a main way to have early game pressure and it was gone what else could they do? you want them to hold your hand out the gate?

• SurviveByDaylight
    SurviveByDaylight Member Posts: 720
    Options

I disagree, some of the killers end chases really quickly too and it feels unfair that 90% of the map your out in the open and the odds are against you. They’re giving players that suck at ending chases quickly even more of a chance to feel successful lol

• Toastyy
    Toastyy Member Posts: 226
    Options

You clearly haven’t played enough killer at high ranks to experience what it’s like to play against 4 man SWF’s running meta perks and being decent at the game.

• Parallax
    Parallax Member Posts: 273
    Options

Survivors aren't getting nerfed, killers are just getting buffed.

• Schmierbach
    Schmierbach Member Posts: 468
    Options

Considering you don't seem like the type of player that hits great skill checks anyway why do you care.

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725
    Options

The difference being that it was extremely well known to anybody with basic gameplay understanding that Ruin was a bandaid fix to the gen speed problem. The fact that they nerfed Ruin without doing anything about gen speeds in the same patch was obviously a bad idea to anybody who understood how the game works. Meanwhile, this patch is an attempt to clean up after that mess.

• ClickyClicky
    Options

Ruin is far stronger now on the top tier killers. Bordering on OP in fact.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047
    Options

Oh no, the great skill checks bonus was reduced from 2% to 1% ! How are survivors gonna be playable after this ? This nerf completely destroyed them !

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

@MandyTalk

Do you mean the same one that nerfed toolboxes to oblivion? :)

• Marcus
    Options
  • Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816
    Options

Im not agreeing with this guys post but freddy and spirit really didnt get big changes there still just as strong

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    edited April 2020
    Options

@Marcus

You're right. However, the Ruin "nerf" was also the reason they nerfed toolboxes, rendering them near useless.

So the point still stands. What are they going to do when the maps are smaller and full of unsafe pallets? I think that's where we don't want to get to, because maps like Hawkings (small and full of unsafe pallets) is unhealthy for the game and only takes a braindead killer to bloodlust without mind-gaming to win.

• ClickyClicky
    Options

But read the forums, thats what they want. These people feel entitled to 20 second chases no matter how they play.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,347
    Options

No that's not the case, only maybe for a few special people who want to 4k every single game no matter how good survivors play.

• Ivaldi
    Ivaldi Member Posts: 977
    Options

If you honestly think that nerf effected anything; you're sadly mistaken. Most ruin totems were cleansed within the first minute of the game and it only effected players that couldn't hit great skill checks at low ranks. Once you hit purple/red it became a small inconvenience.. and thats 1 killer nerf compared to the massive list of survivor nerfs.

Survivor Nerfs

Patch 3.3.1 - Insta Heals nerfed, Green Medkit charges nerfed from 24 to 16 charges.

Patch 3.4.0 - Balance Landing Nerfed to remove staggert reduction while exhausted.

Patch 3.5.0/3.5.2 - Lery's Rework (Survivor Nerf to hide totems, remove windows and add more unsafe pallet)

February 10 - Disconnect Penalties - Forces Survivors to have to play through matches, no matter how toxic the killer wants to be.

Patch 3.6.0 - Survivor Nerfs

1) Survivors can no longer sabotage Bear Traps

2) Dropped survivor wiggle progression reduced from 33% to 25%

3) Toolboxes Nerfed

4) Saboteur nerfed (cooldown added) & Hooks respawn faster

5) Addons nerfed to disappear at the end of each match

6) Autohaven Wreckers: Fixed an issue that allowed Survivors to use Dead Hard to get onto tires near a crane (Yet killers can still do it with Lunge)z

7) Breakable Walls added

Dev Update April 2020 - Survivor Nerf - Reduced repair speeds when working with other survivors, maps reworked to prevent survivors from being able to actually escape from a killer.

• Marcus
    Options

In the same patches Nurse, Spirit, Myers, Legion, Ruin, Hangman's Trick and Gearhead were nerfed, while Borrowed Time ( an already meta perk ) was buffed.

So stop acting like survivors are always getting the short end of the stick.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

I dunno, I'm kind of excited for the changes. I have a feeling the meta is going to shift, but my question is, how?

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    Options

Great Skill Checks are hard to hit if you don't have time into the game. Eventually they are basically the only thing you hit.

• DingDongs
    DingDongs Member Posts: 684
    Options

"why reduce great skill check bonus time for example???? it wasn't easy to hit them at all"

Let me guess.... Low rank survivor main?

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,947
    Options

DBD devs revealed what many of us long suspected, the servers give the edge to The Killer. See https://www.twitch.tv/videos/551426466 @ 16:00 mark for an explanation of latency and how the game favors The Killer over the Survivor. So there's no connection to servers that can materially change this outcome. It's interesting how devs clearly are more sympathetic to Killers in this regard yet this forum is filled with people that complain they only care about Survivors. @Peanits points out how much of a "game changer" it would be if Survivors got the edge bc they could extend the Chase for another 30s but it's also painful for Survivors who could be on death hook and that lag hit in a window results in their elimination from the Trial. I wish they made it a top priority to address this.

• TheBoostedRookie
    TheBoostedRookie Member Posts: 28
    Options

I stopped reading at "useless bloodpoints." Bloodpoints are literally the best thing you can ask for in this game.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

This is not a survivor nerf. Now the diference is that the toxic players who abused infinites and end in red rank because of it, won't be able to do anymore. The average survivor that knews how to loop and capitalize on killer mistakes will continue being good.

• DaGreenBolt
    DaGreenBolt Member Posts: 453
    Options

Yep, that's what separates the potatoes from the optimal players. Optimal players don't need infinites or god loops or second chance perks to loop a killer for a long time, while a potato or average player (which is probably the range the OP is at since he's complaining about removing god loops and infinites) need a god loops, infinites, and second chance perks to run a killer for a long time.

• Toxicboii
    Toxicboii Member Posts: 446
    edited April 2020
    Options

This is it.

This is what entitled survivors are like.

While... Yes, I am not happy with the entire "Killer weak" stuff...

I am happy they're starting to realize some problems. This nerf is well-deserved, and will slow down the game considerably! I also feel that if the map changes are successful, this game will feel more balanced than usual!

I'm not at the point where I will play again, but as soon as Matchmaking is fixed up... Well, gear up fellas, this Newbie Spirit/Oni/soon-to-be-gotten Deathslinger is back in the game baby!

• Ivaldi
    Ivaldi Member Posts: 977
    Options

Uhh what? You honestly think the BT change was a buff? It went from only being able to be used once per match and lasting 40 seconds after being unhooked, to lasting 25 seconds after being unhooked, then they realized it was unfair and allowed BT to be used more than once per match.. and then they nerfed it again from 25 seconds to only lasting 20 seconds. So even after it was "buffed" in your terms, BT was nerfed again.,

https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Borrowed_Time

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159
    Options

Guys i love it! Could you maybe make a bunch of posts featuring each other with hidden messages? The deBAIT is real!!!🤣

• NursesBootie
    NursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159
    Options

I'm just curious: Why do you got an adam profile pic and not some purple perk? Love the content btw!!! 😸

• Xzan
    Xzan Member Posts: 907
    Options

Instaheals were broken. Playing a M1 Killer and downing someone and then the chase gets resetted to 0? Pair that with the old Mettle of Men + Adrenaline and you could get chased for a whole game.

Balanced Landing: Tell me which other Exhaustion perk had a passive side effect even though you were exhausted. Especially on Haddonfield this could be abused to create nearly infinites.

Nobody asked for Lery's Rework, but i like the new map.

February 10 - Disconnect Penalties - Forces players to have to play through matches, no matter how toxic the other side wants to be.

Patch 3.6.

1.) Name another killer who has to pick up his tools and can forced to just be a M1 Killer if you sabotage his power?

2.) Needed for the Hook-Sabo-Rework.

3.) Reworked. You still get a good speed boost which is crucial if a gen is about to be finished.

4.) At least mention the buff about the time to sabo a hook.

5.) Was already the case for killers. But i don't like that change, too.

6.) Never saw something like that in my games. So i can't comment on that.

7.) Breakable walls can work in survivors favor.

On topic:

Ruin rework sorted out bad killers from red ranks. Same will happen now with the god loops and bad survivors in red ranks.

• mandymoo
    mandymoo Member Posts: 3
    Options

Completely agree, first they destroy toolboxes (pointlesa using them now since you get a quarter through most the time before depleted) now they make great skill checks useless (why not just remove them?) And make it even slower to do gennys and removed the point of brand new part, why the rarity cost hasnt gone down I dont know.

Yet killers can still lunge through a window, the penalty for facecamping is less now as survs would normally get on a genny to complete it well now it takes like an extra 10 seconds we will probably be dead before they finish it.

And making the maps smaller, why??? Make the small ones bigger! The killer cam easy walk from gate to gate on small maps making it nearon impossible to open a gate unless someone is a sacrifice and even then there is normally a hook next to the gate

And fix meat plant! You can hear the heartbeat undiscernable whether the killer is up or downstairs and doctors shocks go up and down too!