The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

4k monitor users please help

I had my game working correctly before, but last night I got fed up with the clicks not registering due to the screen not being "True fullscreen" so I edited the ini file and force loaded the game as fullscreen. For some reason my res was very low and decided to switch the settings back. Problem is I cant get the settings to work as before because the game force loads in the 4k res which makes all my UI icons extremely small. Anyone using a 4k monitor can you please tell me your ini settings or help me fix this issue. I have already tried overriding the high DPI settings in both dbd and anticheat .exe files, but it does nothing. I think being forced to change my monitor display settings before and after DBD every time is unacceptable as well.

Comments

• DisappointedUser
    DisappointedUser Member Posts: 420

I have the same issue, I have just resorted to changing my resolution to 1920x1080 before playing the game. It is significantly better than not having my M1 attacks as killer no register.

• Laneday
    Laneday Member Posts: 4

I bet the GameUserSettings.ini changes everything back after you started the game again. If you Use a 4k Monitor but won't want a tiiiiiny interface you can change the settings anyway.

In the settings file you just need to set all Fullscreen options to 0, the Screen resolution (for example 1920x1080), save it and set the file to "read only". type on Steam in the Game propertys also "-fullscreen". Then even with a 4k Screen the resolution won't change back to 4k again.

But anyway its unbelievable that it don't get fixed! They could make this easier somehow in the Game menu or giving us a chance to play in 4k without tiny Interface.