The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Hexes need buff

I have noticed, past rank 15 these are pretty much useless. Its amazing i havent been able to complete a single match without someone destroying the correct hex totem before my Huntress Lullaby enters in full effect. It applies to other hexes too such as no one escapes death.
Using a perk that notifies you when one is tempered with is a useless way to occupy a perk slot, specially if it happens far away, since totems are cleansed insanely fast.

Killers have these "powerful" yet easily countered perks while survivors have stuff like Kindred and adrenaline, that not only are a lot more powerful but can't be countered. Something is off.

Comments

• switch
    switch Member Posts: 489

They really do need a buff, 5th perk slot only for hexes would be the way to go so you dont lose too much if the ruin is gone in 30 seconds.
    But we live in BHVR's world where they want to balance an asymmetrical horror.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

I have noticed, past rank 15 these are pretty much useless. Its amazing i havent been able to complete a single match without someone destroying the correct hex totem before my Huntress Lullaby enters in full effect. It applies to other hexes too such as no one escapes death.
    Using a perk that notifies you when one is tempered with is a useless way to occupy a perk slot, specially if it happens far away, since totems are cleansed insanely fast.

Killers have these "powerful" yet easily countered perks while survivors have stuff like Kindred and adrenaline, that not only are a lot more powerful but can't be countered. Something is off.

You have to camp the totem and hope that survivors get greedy enough . Then you get enough stacks such that they can't hit skill checks anymore

Yes it's sad but you have to hope that survivors play  bad
  • JackieEstacadoWhen
    JackieEstacadoWhen Member Posts: 78
    Apparently devs are planning to fix totem spawns so they're not so easy to find which is coming "soon".

In the meantime enjoy having 3 totems spawn in groaning storehouse.
  • RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

Hex perks should just be normal perks.

• King_Checkmate
    King_Checkmate Member Posts: 60

Or maybe...if the hex totem is destroyed a weaker permanent effect comes into play.
    Or...maybe put skill checks on totems xD
    Or maybe make hexes twice as powerful.

I really do not have a good solution, i just wanted to say my opinion on hexes.

Except for "no one escapes death",most others are not very useful due to how easy they are countered.

• lyric
    lyric Member Posts: 611
    It wouldn’t be so bad if they didn’t spawn right out in the open or next to a survivor 50% of the time