Perhaps Survivor Items can be Moved up a “Rarity Tier” To Help Prevent Add-on Shortage?

Options

-because I’ve now got dozens of toolboxes and medkits but no add-ons for any of them! On the plus side, Botany Knowledge and Streetwise are starting to look more appealing.

In all seriousness, something has gone a bit pear-shaped when I’m valuing common brown add-ons in bloodwebs a lot more than the rare green items they attach to. This must be what being a Pig main feels like.

I’m thinking if we upped the “rarity tier” [all Browns to Yellow, all Yellows to Green, etc] it would make the survivor items less common in the web allowing more Clean Rags and sweet, sweet Bandages.

It might also have an added bonus that the items themselves carry more “weight” when you go into a trail with them.

And yeah, obviously the ultra-rare rainbow map and the iridescent and purple keys will stay the same.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Rezblaze
    Rezblaze Member Posts: 843
    Options

Common addons need to be a lot cheaper, or at least make it so that the blood web better guarantees some multiple addons for each item.

I'm sick of getting one medkit addon and fifty flashlight addons.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803
    Options

I wish they’d just delete some of the garbage add ons to be honest. There are over 50 possible survivor item add ons, if you’re looking for any particular thing you probably have to go through five or six bloodwebs before you find it.

• Haku
    Haku Member Posts: 614
    edited April 2020
    Options

Or how about we remove 30% of useless addons for the survivors that would help too clearing the web. The whole decision losing addons after every game was so bad for survivors .. and the white ward no words .... you die and you keep your addons, you live and you lose the addons like what the hell ?

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,632
    Options

The Add On Change needs to be reverted, simple as that. The side which already gets way less BPs should not need to spend even more BPs to solve this Change where no thought was put into.

• ThePetDetective
    ThePetDetective Member Posts: 28
    Options

A survivor with 4 perks of their choosing has a pretty good chance of escaping if they're good, with or without addons. any medkit will do what it needs to do, any flashlight, any toolbox, the only exceptions are the maps and keys.

Killers need addons, some more than others. A wraith or trapper cannot understate how important good addons are.

If anything, maybe addons need to cost less. Not getting to keep them isnt a huge issue (Again, even if you dont wanna, survivors still have an option to keep them with a perk. Killers still dont!), and if you can only make a ranger medkit work if it has 2 green addons work in the first place you're doing something wrong.

• minehot
    minehot Member Posts: 69
    Options

I'd rather give more BP to survivors.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    Options

Question: How necessary are add ons for Survivor items? Can't you go into the trial with an item but no add ons?

I'm asking because I mostly play killer and they range from "Add ons are necessary to function" (Wraith, Trapper) to "Add ons are optional" (Nurse). But I don't know where on that scale survivor items fall. Outside the green key of course.

Honestly I don't think the old system of survivors keeping their add ons if they get out was fair since Killers always lose their add ons, but due to the fact that Survivors have so many more total add ons, the current system isn't particularly fair either. Maybe do a middle ground? Something like "If you are holding a Med-kit (or whatever) when your blood web regenerates, 50% (or more) of the add ons in that blood web will be for your held item."

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,632
    Options

The thing is that Killers not only have way less Add Ons (Survivors have 3 times the Add Ons/Items of Killers), but they also get way less BPs. A good Survivor Match is an okish Killer Match. If you get 25k as Survivor, this is really good, as Killer, this is quite normal. Add BBQ, where you get Stacks for just playing the game and you are on 50k BPs.

This is around a P3-50 Bloodweb. And lets look how my latest Trapper Bloodweb looked:

3 Stitched Bags

1 Trapper Bag

1 Trapper Sack

1 Ebony Mori

2 Tar Bottles

1 Honing Stone

So 5 of the best Trapper Add Ons, 2 of the second best Add Ons, one still really good Add On and the most overpowered Offering in the game.

And when I want to get specific Survivor Add Ons? One in 2 or 3 Bloodwebs.

It is also quite frustrating when not even using the Add On/Item. Like, I use Items when I bring good BP-Offerings like BPS, Cakes or Envelopes. No I burn a Cake and play vs an AFK-Wraith, while using a Medkit with Add Ons. Yes, those are gone without using them once. Nice. Or I play vs a Plague, while bringing a Medkit - this Medkit will not be used, but the Add Ons are gone.

Both sides have useless Add Ons, but Survivors, again, have more of those (in general, Add Ons/Items both for Killers and Survivors should be able to be sold again).

Surely Killers most likely need to have Add Ons (most of them), but they get them more frequently and get more BPs. And even if Survivors dont need Items or Add Ons, they still have to spend BPs on them. But not only are a lot of those Add Ons nerfed, they are also lost when escaping. And for me, I would like to use stuff when I have (aka being forced) to spend BPs on those.

Lets not forget the White Wards - if you escape, you lose the Add Ons. If you die, you keep them. So with a White Ward, dying is better than escaping. Not really thought through.

In the end, escaping feels way less rewarding. And this for a change where no real reason was given, and I am pretty sure the reason simply was to cater to Killers so that you can say "Look, we are nerfing Survivors", after Killers got frustrated because they were also getting some Nerfs.

(Or am I mistaken? @Peanits can you enlighten me, while this change was done?)

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    Options

That's why I suggested giving survivors a way to push the bloodwebs towards having add ons for a particular item. Killers already have this baked in (Wraith add ons won't show up on Trapper's blood web) so I see no reason not to give it to survivors. Maybe not 100% of the addons are a particular item though. While survivors do have more addons total, they actually have less for each individual item. Like Med Kits have 13, Toolboxes have 11, Flash lights have 13 again. Most Killers have 20 add ons for their power.

Also the white ward thing legit sounds broken and needs to be fixed.

As for why they did it... maybe its because between White Ward, Weaved Ring, Milky Glass, and not losing add ons when you escape, you could theoretically stretch running a single Skeleton Key for a truly ridiculous number of games? Which is kinda a bit broken? I'm guessing obviously, but that's my best guess.

Also circling back to the original request... I don't think survivor item rarities should be increased. The way I see it, bringing in an item is kind of like bringing in a power with a limited use time. So like... not having add ons to put on your items isn't good but it would be worse if you had no items to use with your add ons. Y'know? Like, survivor blood webs have a problem, but the opposite problem would be so much worse that the proposed solution is not the right way to go.