Remove Matchmaking lock

The way this feature work its pretty bad and dont work properly

Most of the times people get banned when the server goes down with me for example I got 48h ban becouse all the others ''locks'' where by the same cause

Comments

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

Ahhhh haha 48 hour ban on accident? Doubtful. That takes multiple offenses.

And if it DOES keep happening, why keep trying without fixing the problem? Either reinstall, update your system, or fix your internet. SOMETHING is happening on your end, constantly causing you to drop from game. Which is unfair to the 4 other people playing it.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

Yeah sure you got a 48h ban just because of bad servers. LOL

• AsePlayer
    AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829

People acting like this game isn't dysfunctional at random times. Omegalul.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

It definitely needs looking into but it only exists so killers can have their power trips fulfilled so I can't see it being changed. For example in Resident Evil if someone disconnects you can then leave the game because these developers are actually good and understand that you shouldn't make everyone else stay in a ruined game due to one baby. The first person to quit still gets a penalty.

However in DBD when 2 quit these devs expect you to sit there slugged on the ground for 4 minutes while the killer sweats for his "hard earned" 4k. Yes they literally expect you to sit there bored as punishment even though you did nothing wrong. Such a decision could only be made by people who don't actually play their own game, well not as survivor anyway.

• DisappointedUser
    DisappointedUser Member Posts: 420

Do you realize how many times you had to DC in order to be locked out for 48 hours? It’s in the magnitude of 12+ times in a single 24 hour time span. If your internet is that bad then it’s time to fix it or play a different game.

• DisappointedUser

this happens to you enough that bleeding out takes 4 minutes while the other person is looping the killer? I don’t think so.

They are going to add bots for when people DC anyways. Not a great idea IMO but it’ll be something.

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192

Sorry but no. Either your internet is terrible to be kicked off that many times in a time period, which means the game is unplayable for you anyway, or you aren't telling the whole truth. You have to do a LOT of disconnecting to get a 48h ban, which again means either you can't play anyway because your internet is bad, or you keep doing it on purpose.

The ban isn't just there for killers. It's there for the survivors who got fed up with 1 - 3 team mates DC'ing in 8 out of every ten matches. If you want someone to blame, blame the people who abused the old system when the devs tried giving people the benefit of the doubt and treated us like adults. Now we get bans because as it turned out, people weren't very grown up about being allowed to DC a certain percentage of games without consequence.

• ClickyClicky

Not always the full 4 minutes but at least a few minutes while the killer searches high and low for the other player.

Fact is I did nothing wrong. I’ve had the game ruined for me as a player and customer too. So why am I then expected to sit there staring at the ground? Why am I punished for what other people did?

It’s ridiculous and shows that it really is all about killer fun. Better developers don’t do this.

• DisappointedUser

That doesn’t even make sense. You’re not punished. You’re slugged. Which is a game mechanic. If you want to counter it, bring Unbreakable. Or get better at not getting downed.

you think killers enjoy having to slug to ensure a 4K? It’s the hatch mechanics that cause this. Killers don’t enjoy having to leave someone on the ground either. Because it’s easy for them to be picked back up by someone else.

• ClickyClicky

The game is ruined and yet I’m forced to stay in or eat a 5 minute penalty. Thats being punished. Its stupid.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803
    edited April 2020

You know, you don’t have to slug for the 4K. There’s nothing forcing you to do it. It’s boring, like you acknowledge (nobody wants to do it), and half the time you find the hatch first anyway if you don’t slug. I stopped slugging for the 4K a long time ago and I wouldn’t bother wasting my time doing it now. Just let the match end and move on to the next one.

• ImTuTy
    ImTuTy Member Posts: 4

ok I realized what you guys say but I can't figure out the fix to my problem :(

the devs alredy answered me with the supose ''fix'' but its so inconsistent I have days I play a LOT and dont fall from the match

and I have days I enter the game and in the first match i get ban

I know to reach 48 hours its a lot of ''locks'' you have to get but I can only remember dcing on purpose when I got playing the game again 1 week ago

I just post-it to see if others have the same problem, but without the fix Im gonna supouse its the game fault

sorry if I seem rude or a dick I just want the good for the game couse i love him

also sorry for the english