Survivors are getting nerfed too much

Options
1235»

Comments

• BlueSwifts
    BlueSwifts Member Posts: 20
    Options

Where are these statistics because the community has largely been bashing the devs for favoring survivors too much. Idk where we are getting this "they keep nerfing survivors" because they haven't... Killer has received the most nerfs in just about all the big recent changes. I guess in that regard your point about "balancing" would be true! Except survivors are stronger than killer and it's been that way for a while. The recent loop changes were a fix not an outright buff to killers although you can look at it that way if you want. God loops/infinites are still in the game btw people have shown them off, quite the "survivor nerf" I'd say :D

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879
    Options

That the problem with infinite if all 4 survivor go to the infinite you do what as a killer you just go afk and hope you wont get a map with an infinite in your next match and if you do you go afk again until you can get a balence map

• Witchaven
    Witchaven Member Posts: 36
    edited April 2020
    Options

Do have any idea how long it took me to re-find this post? So you better read it lol This guy goes over it with even a chart showing kill rate before the ruin nerf. It demonstrates that obviously not all killers are created equal, but that by and large it was at the 70% chance of most killers winning. And in some killers cases, it was over 75% chance of them winning on average.

Here's the link.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1237113

Post edited by Witchaven on
  • Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

I disagree. I think the devs are doing a good job taking steps to simultaneously improve the experience for both sides.

• BlueSwifts
    Options

I have looked at the graph and through the post a bit so it wasn't for nothing ;)

By the looks of it, it seems like the dev (or whoever from the team) giving their input in the post was saying to take statistics like that with a grain of salt. They use the Clown as an example, as we should all know Clown is the weakest killer in the game atm. However the stats will show that he has over a 50% kill rate. So what does this mean? He is good, he doesn't need any changes? No. These stats only show popularity and kill rates not their perks, ranks, add ons, how a match went (survivor feeding for example), were they mori'd, how many survivors were playing together, too many factors are left out. It's unsurprising Spirit is the most popular, Billy and Spirit are your best picks in high rank (Freddy some will say although idk what makes him powerful someone needs to explain that one better).

Rank is the biggest factor in stats like this. The game is 1v4 do not forget that, the kill rates should be at a high point it only makes sense. Rank doesn't exactly mean much but you can assume at the low ranks of 15-20, you're going to be playing against not so great teams (although matchmaking is all over the place from recent experiences). When you're starting out as killer vs starting out as a survivor, killer is far easier to play. So I would assume on the lower end of the ranking system a lot of the kill rates are coming from. Not to disregard it by any means but rank should be a statistic integrated into whatever sort of data they wanna give us. HOWEVER with rank reset being a thing even ranks aren't very reliable depending on when you'd consider them... -.- there's too much to think about. It's unreliable imo

Use the community, there are plenty of people that will say Clown needs a buff and why so get working on it. Hag as well so at least the statistics aren't completely unreliable since it considers them the weakest/least played. They are going in the right direction with the recent changes (idk what patch I just downloaded or if it's just a plain old update...). Changing gen times and reworking maps should be welcomed fixes. We also don't need more top killers getting nerfed, we need the weaker ones getting buffed to actually balance it out. Do you know why Nurse was so dominate before they nerfed her? Because you can't/couldn't loop her O.O I don't wanna see Spirit get nerfed just because her pick and kill rate are high. People are only playing her to keep up with high rank SWF after all, consider why these stats are higher.

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656
    Options

Latest stats: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/106566/stats-november-2019

And they do keep nerfing survivors. For the last year+ most patches have been dominated with changes that make survivor more difficult or nerf survivors. These changes are in response to SWF and affect the the solo survivor community more than SWF teams, but solo survivors make up the largest segment of the player base. I think the assessment that Killers are the squeakier wheel is somewhat accurate. I've seen it here, and also that was largely the experience from the biggest DBD PC FB group that exists. Killers do seem to be most vocal and perhaps it is because they have less avenues for discussing their frustration. They took out every major loop an average player can use to prolong a chase. Saying that content creators, who have mastered looping/tile pathing, showing off ways they can till give a good chase against average killers does not negate the fact that the vast majority of people who play this game as survivor are also average and play for a few hours a week. Not 12 hours a day as their profession. This was another in a long line of survivor disadvantages. You can call it a QoL balance for killers, which is fine. But that doesn't change what it does on the survivor side - especially the solo survivor side.

• BlueSwifts
    Options

I'm still missing where we are getting these survivor nerfs. Like in the last year what are these major nerfs? Because the ones that stand out the most are Nurse, Ruin, and Doc is looked at both ways (buffed/nerfed) depends who you ask. Insta heals maybe? Should those actually be considered fair especially when they would typically be used as a form of BM? Toolboxes? You're still going to do a gen faster with one and survivors can group up on most generators. Trying to say the playerbase is full of solos and average doesn't make god loops and infinites okay. There are plenty of good players as well that aren't content creators that's every game. It doesn't only take SWF to win games either as some people wanna push "you can't be a high rank solo!". You're especially pointing out the average players however what about the good players utilizing strong loops? It also doesn't take endless amounts of play to understand the maps, that's also part of getting better at the game. Map layout is an important part of the survivor gameplay more so than killer imo, knowing the map layout I should say. If a survivor isn't going to take the time to learn the newer layouts then that's simply on them. You can't just leave a strong loop in the game with the purpose of making the guy with 40 hours feel like the guy with 4,000 hours.

This patch is a fix, some nice quality of life changes. I wouldn't even call this an outright buff to killers and nerf to survivors. If we talk balance well infinites are not balanced, chasing one guy endlessly while there are three other people getting things done. Keep the ridiculous loops then and bring Nurse back to her former glory because that's why anyone was playing arguably the hardest killer in the game. They still aren't bothering to buff the weaker killers that need it. What survivor buffs can we name right away that AREN'T HITBOXES THE GAME HAS NEVER HAD GOOD HITBOXES!

• FearedbytheGods
    FearedbytheGods Member Posts: 476
    Options

I don't recommend this game at all anymore, unless people express an interest to play killer. It's just a miserable experience, and I see more smurf accts at low ranks as killers to, which compounds the issue.

At this stage I just encourage people to play killer or play something else.

You're just going to get decimated if you come into this game as a solo survivor.

• Zydto
    Zydto Member Posts: 34
    Options

these discussions are so funny, when you just are not stupid

• Write_By_Daylight
    Write_By_Daylight Member Posts: 126
    Options

No they're not. Get good.

• CJ46
    CJ46 Member Posts: 54
    Options

i escape most of my games lad, but i made some valid points

• Ink_Eyes
    Ink_Eyes Member Posts: 561
    Options

I kind of agree? at least for solo queue matches that are not SWF, SWF is basically the only real challenge for a killer, other than that I'm already getting 4k against a full red rank survivor team as a rank 13 killer playing perkless even with ''weak'' killers like clown, demogorgon and others, so I don't know why survivors keep getting nerfed, they shouldn't nerf the game based on SWF gameplay...

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

No killer is op and we have to much control as survivors. Balance heavily favors survivor as mistakes are far more a determent as killer. 1 simple error can cost the game, 1 error as survivor and at worst your camped out on 1st hook and the team push gens.

• NurseMainIGuess
    NurseMainIGuess Member Posts: 10
    Options

So you're just going to ignore the fact that killers get nerfed too? Take a look at nurse and pig, their nerfs are unreasonable and they are mostly caused by survivor mains nagging at the dev's that ItS tOo OP. Survivors have builds that can be very strong as well. Also, you know how hard it is to play killer than survivor?

• chieften333
    chieften333 Member Posts: 1,554
    Options

Which one of y'all smooth brained children revived this dead post?

• lambdabr
    lambdabr Member Posts: 19
    Options

Still true though.