Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Unpopular opinion: I love moris

it instantly makes a match more intense, and... its beautiful. its not something you see in every match, a cool animation of getting killed directly by the killers hands.

i dont get why almost every survivor hates it but it makes the match more fun for me, i hope if theyre ever going to rework moris, they give it to killers at least once by default in every match

Comments

• VRREADY
    VRREADY Member Posts: 12

Mories are fine, just the pink morie probably needs to be removed and replaced with a purple one that won’t almost guarantee the killer a 4K

I don’t mind if I get moried if it’s half game or end game just as long as it’s not instant hook Unhook down morie, there’s no chance for the survivor to try, loosing a pip and being punished by the load screens or waiting for your team.

pink morie could even have some kind of timer so it can’t be used till 2 minutes into the game.

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640

Same

it makes chases itense since you know you'll die after the hook

And when you do get caught you get a cool animation

• AsePlayer
    AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829

Does the opposite for me. I just get ready for the next game and ignore the current match.

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640

why though?

you improve soo much if you got pressure in you, I can understand if you get a mori every match but that is rarely the case

• AsePlayer

Because it's boring game play. If I get a Huntress with iridescent head + infantry belt + ebony mori, you best believe I'll just check out mentally for that match.

Playing against unfair handicaps can only be so fun lol.

• Pirscher
    Pirscher Member Posts: 604

It looks cool when the killer actually kills with their bare hands like in the movies :D

Hopefully they will add customization for this

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

I don't mind going against them once in a while if the killer doesn't instantly tunnel you off hook. I just want to get out of those matches as fast as possible.

• Rullisi
    Rullisi Member Posts: 392

It's annoying if you had special items or offerings and it goes into waste if a killer has been tunneling you. When I use mori's I tend to use them only after the person's dead on hook so that they won't hopefully mind it too much if I choose to use that, unless I manage to get devour hope stacked up sometimes.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

Anything that inherently wrecks game balance should be relegated to private matches only

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

Yeah so much fun getting kicked put of a game early by a killer that probably wouldnt get any kill done the entire game.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

Well, that unhook-down-mori insta is esactly what you can do with a green Mori as well. I would do something like "when hatch is spawned, you can mori" or depending on rarity, one or two sacrifices or completed gens earlier. Or a condition "everyone needs to be hooked at least once". And third hook moris as default on all moris. Still strong but gives at least a decent amount of playtime in a match.

• Deadeye
    edited April 2020

@arslaN @AsePlayer It would be better if most survivors were not conditioned on rushing hooks, protection hits and annoy killers. Stealth is hated so much across most of the survivor base that noone is able to play against a mori. Many just rely on their god loop abilities and just run around the open, knowing "I can buy enough time or even escape". Then against a mori, awareness of where the killer is or making use of the time you get when someone is hooked before you need to save crushes the team.

Also the attitude "wrong offering? I throw the game". Not pointing at you, "throwing game" isn't what you just said. But it sounds like you are playing at least less efficient because you don't care.

• AsePlayer

Nobody likes stealth. If killers really want to search for a Survivor for 20 minutes while we all hide in the outskirts or in the basement, then that's on them lol

• Deadeye

I like stealth. Countered. Not the urban evasion style. I just avoid chases if I don't have to be chased. And I'm not saying everyone should wait for others to die. The killer will find you when you do gens. It is just easier for the killer if you sit on a gen until last second because you know "window in reach". Try to hide early enough and maybe you avoided the chase, sitting on the gen again and giving the team time to do other gens or heal up. Or give the killer a free chase. Against Moris, this is what causes the ez 4k

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

Read the dudes post history, totally sounds impartial 🙄

• AsePlayer

What causes an easy 4k is the Killer will proxy camp the first hook and immediately tunnel and mori them if they get unhooked, and then the game is crippled as 66% of their objective has been effectively removed due to the mori.

• Deadeye

This is not the Mori problem, this is the killer problem. And I also said something about that in my first post. Make use of the time you have before you need to save. Don't rush for the unhook giving the killer another easy chase for free. Be more efficient. If you are more efficient, there will be 1-2 people escaping. Against a camper, probably even more. If that first guy flaps arms or has Kindred, that should be possible. But it is not if people just give up and waste time

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Most people don't like mori's because it DOESNT make the game more intense. The outcome is practically unchangeable, so the whirlwind of fun chaos where anything could happen gets completely drained by the dark grey quagmire of resigned inevitability. There's nothing intense about a game that is literally unwinnable, you're just slogging through it and onto the next match. Ebony or Ivory, it's game over. And that's not even taking into account the usual down-hook-softcamp-tunnel-mori strategy.

Unless you severely outclass the killer, but that's an awful feeling for a completely different reason.

• AsePlayer

I don't understand how the ebony mori doesn't delete 66% of the Killer's objective though.

They only need 1 hook from everyone now instead of a potential of 3 a piece. It doesn't make the game more intense, the game is determined unless the Killer severely misplays it.

Not to mention they usually accompany their ebony with their best add-ons as well. It's pointless to even care about that match at that point.

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,714

I think most people like Moris but they just don't like how easy they are to use and how much it kills survivor chances. 3v1 is a major difference in the game and sometimes it makes it almost impossible to do anything no matter how good you play.

I think the yellow one should be base kit with the other ones requiring everyone to be hooked at least once before they can be used with DC's counting towards it. They'd still be strong but you wouldn't be able to just instakill someone anymore and it gives survivors a way to play around it.

Having the yellow moris be base kit would also be pretty fun as you might get to see the animations more often.

• Deadeye

33%, you still need to down survivors twice.

And if you give up, the game is done. I saw enough games with 1-2 escapes, not just by hatch / key escapes against ebony moris. And I saw it on both sides. I'm not defending moris in total, tunneling is still *** play and breaks the game, but giving up makes it even worse. And if people say it gives them tension, and you say the outcome is determined, then I say it is possible to escape and have a decent match.

• Con_Inc
    Con_Inc Member Posts: 137

I have no issues with keys or moris and have had both used against me more than a few times. At least if your goin to use a Mori do it in a place where I can actually see it if it’s going to happen I’d like to actually watch.

• AsePlayer
    edited April 2020

You don't need to really if you just proxy camp. There is no tension, just boredom.

I've had 4 man escapes against Mori's before, but it's not because we out-skilled the Killer. It's because the Killer was bad. If you go against a competent Killer with amazing add-ons + an ebony mori, you lose. That's just how it is.

• Oicimau
    Oicimau Member Posts: 897

A lot of games I escaped with Mori on.

A lot of games I didnt kill anyone with Mori on.

Moris are cool and counterable.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

You have expensive tastes.... I don't even like using them because they never show up in my bloodweb....or, I'll forget to use them because I've gotten used to the fact that I'm not running them.

• sairen
    sairen Member Posts: 7

Im fine with the single mori or rancor but anything else is annoying. Nothing fun about an ebony mori nothing fun about being able to play 1/3 of the game because you get mori'd instantly after first hook it should be something special like last survivor if you catch them or your obsession like racor.

• Deadeye

Well... do you know that the killer performs good enough? Kinda killing argument. I could also say if there is a single survivor capable of looping the killer for 5 gens (or 2.5 gens twice until he is moriable would be sufficient), there would be 3-4 escapes. But your choice, I can't say more than "you ruin your own game experience by expecting the worst and acting accordingly". If this is your choice, go for it

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Yup, can't deny i don't mind them from both sides.

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656

This is assuming you get to have a chase after an off-hook. A mori is a lot less exciting for the first person to experience it. 😂 But I don't necessarily mind them. Too many ebonys in a row gets daunting sometimes.

• Brodie
    Brodie Member Posts: 64

Tbf I'll give u that one against a sweaty SWF

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

If you get morid off hook without a chance to escape, then I think you have a survivor problem. Biggest problem with the majority of 'unfair' offerings and add ons and perks is that people refuse to adapt and change their game play. If theres a secret offering why in the world would you rush an unhook in the killers face? You are practically handing that survivor to the entity.

When killers complain that DS is active beyond the scope of anti tunnel, they get flamed and told to git gud and adapt.

When survivors are faced with moris or noed or iri heads, or whatever most of them don't change their playstyle. They just do what they always do and then complain about how unfair everything is.

I personally dont use moris unless i get devour hope stacked. But even as survivor, 90% of the time, if i get morid, its cause i got farmed by my own team.

• AsePlayer

That's why I said the killer needs to be somewhat competent to not tunnel vision for 8 minutes and kill nobody in the process. Don't forget that part.

• Deadeye

Not sure where you talk about competent killers. Pls quote. I just saw you saying that bad killers get ez 4k and only even worse killers can be outplayed

• AsePlayer

If you go against a competent Killer with amazing add-ons + an ebony mori, you lose. That's just how it is.

• Deadeye

Yeah, ok. My bad. I thought you wanna point out something different. With that, we are back at the point where I said "do you know how good the killer is, when the offering is burnt". And where you said you mentally log off, in my opinion kinda throwing the game. If you don't try. But I guess that is a loop that doesn't get to an end.

• AsePlayer

If I am at red ranks, I am going to assume the Killer is somewhat good unless matchmaking has screwed the killer. Regardless, it's very easy to tell if they're good pretty much on the first chase interaction alone. It doesn't take long to figure it out.

• finitethrills
    finitethrills Member Posts: 617

66% of a killer's objective would be 2 Survivors dead and one on death hook. One survivor on death hook is like 15% of the killer's objective

• AsePlayer
    edited April 2020

hooking people 3 times -> hooking people once and immediately hitting them off of the unhook and Mori. Do the maths.

• Crazewtboy
    Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,259

The main problem is that they are typically used immediately at the start of the game. A person gets unhooked and the killer will immediately down them again and kill them outright which is not fun for them and handicaps the other 3 pretty early, giving them a low chance of survival. I can 100% vouch that while it may be cool at first, getting screwed by a mori every other game because you are SWF or Prestige 3 or have a item that could be OP, etc. gets old quickly and makes the experience stale

• Deadeye
    edited April 2020

Still doesn't tell you how good the others perform against him, if they run bottled time or which perks to outplay him and whatever. There's a lot stuff influencing how a game goes. We can go on arguing, but pretty sure we will not agree on anything.

In my opinion, the best experiences are when things seem lost and you manage to turn around.

• Once had a face camping bubba, me being on the hook. Thought about giving up. People got last gen done, one with a medkit avoided chainsaw until he baited a hit. Others coming in to avoid the chainsaw and get bubba just 5m away from the hook. The medkit guy managed to get me unhooked, we both eat the chainsaw having endurance from a styptic and BT. all 4 escape
    • Once had a spirit slugging the second last survivor, me looking to heal him. Noticed she is just kinda fake phasing, never leaving the slug. Ran around, found a key, found the hatch and "squared" the hatch and dropped my iten to show "got hatch and key", then pointed the slug to crawl close the hatch, but a bit away from it and the place where I was hiding. Spirit started the next phasing, I got him up, kinda luckily took the phasing hit, boosting in front of the other one and both escaping through hatch

My opinion is just, if you don't keep trying and give up, you will never have this kind of experiences, and these are the most thrilling scenes I can get from this game. Not the ez escape, the 5 gen loops 'destroying' the killer or the most average 2 escape games with just regular chases. 5 gen runs feel good too, regular mori games feel bad and boring, but I prefer the two points above over all.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

I agree, I love facing a mori as it makes me feel like its a whole new threat.

I use mori's as a way to relax, I have to deal with this army of e-days I deal with during the quarantine so its nice to be able to sit down and relax and just, mori some bunnies

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

ngl, i really like the animations.

what i dont really like is when the killer plays like a douchebag with it and immediately tunnels me off the hook to mori me not even 5 minutes into the game... :/

• AsePlayer

It's novel the first couple times it happens to you. Eventually, it just becomes boring knowing you weren't out-skilled, you were just cheated out of playing the game. The sooner I can go into a more skill-based match, the better.

We're just going to have to agree to disagree here. You see it as a thrill while I just see it as an annoyance. Not much can really be done about that lol

• Helevetin_nopee
    Helevetin_nopee Member Posts: 408

Because the moment you're unhooked the killer can mori you, and boop, well thats the end of the game for you. They should nerf moris and keys. Make moris available after the survivor has been hooked TWICE, and make it so only the player that has the key, can escape through the hatch.